Post a reply

Re: World Snooker International Championship Last 16 !!!

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:If Holt gets to 5:3 I cant see Ronnie coming back unless Holt really starts choking big time. From what Ive seen in the past though is that Holt isnt afraid of crossing the finishing line.

Certainly not recently youre right.

Ronnie cameback from 3-0 against him but Holt won the decider.

Yes even against Neil Robertson in the WC he managed to keep up his form until the end. At the Shangai Masters he closed out the match against Ronnie with a good pressure clearance. He is not a choker like Martin Gould is or has been. At least not recently as you say.
Last edited by TheRocket on 26 Oct 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cloud Strife

TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:If Holt gets to 5:3 I cant see Ronnie coming back unless Holt really starts choking big time. From what Ive seen in the past though is that Holt isnt afraid of crossing the finishing line.

Yes even against Neil Robertson in the WC he managed to keep up his form until the end. At the Shangai Masters he closed out the match against Ronnie with a good pressure clearance. He is not a choker like Martin Gould is or has been. At least not recently as you say.

Problem is he can't maintain it for more than one match.

Postby TheRocket

Cloud Strife wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Problem is he can't maintain it for more than one match.

True. What pisses me off though is that he keeps maintaining it against Ronnie atm..

Postby Pedro147

Jokes aside, I think this is the decline for Ronnie and the beginning of the end. His safety is so poor and he's starting to miss easy shots that he never has before, usually a sign when top players start to decline. Will probably be like John Higgins where he plays well for a match but can't put it together over a tournament.

Postby TheRocket

This could and probably will be Ronnies toughest season since 2010. He's playing poor stuff for long periods of the match and has been for some time. Losing to journeymen like Holt or the likes of Holts is just a killer for your confidence. He needs to get going in the next tournament or in any of the next tournaments. Quickly.

Atm he's probably even doubting about his own ability.

Postby LC

Pedro147 wrote:Jokes aside, I think this is the decline for Ronnie and the beginning of the end. His safety is so poor and he's starting to miss easy shots that he never has before, usually a sign when top players start to decline. Will probably be like John Higgins where he plays well for a match but can't put it together over a tournament.

I agree with most of this, ros should be ashamed losing to this mug 3 times this year, he's got to be fuming what I've seen in twitter holt is always having suttle digs so this must be quite galling