Post a reply

Re: World Snooker International Championship Last 32 !!!!

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:Always annoying when a journeyman is suddenly playing out of his skin.

You mean against Ronnie, or just generally.

I hate these players giving it their best. The audacity of a professional player trying to win a game. :grrr:

Postby SnookerFan

Muppet147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Just realised, I haven't watched last Thursday's Scream Queens that was on E4. I better watch that tonight. I'll not bother with the highlights tonight.

The only screaming queen is you.

It's a good show, but you probably need to be into horror movies a bit to enjoy it.

Maybe not though. I'd watch the first season first, if I weer you.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Always annoying when a journeyman is suddenly playing out of his skin.

I hate these players giving it their best. The audacity of a professional player trying to win a game. :grrr:

It's annoying to the point where they only do this once in a lifetime performance just... ONCE! It's not only against Ronnie of course, but he has been on the receiving end of some. Then their return to their journeyman status.

Postby Muppet147

SnookerFan wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Just realised, I haven't watched last Thursday's Scream Queens that was on E4. I better watch that tonight. I'll not bother with the highlights tonight.

The only screaming queen is you.

It's a good show, but you probably need to be into horror movies a bit to enjoy it.

Maybe not though. I'd watch the first season first, if I weer you.

I've watched one and dozed off halfway through.

The last decent horror show I saw was Stranger Things on Netflix.

Postby PoolBoy

Latest:

Judd Trump 6-1 Tom Ford
Ding Junhui 6-2 Matthew Stevens
Neil Robertson 6-4 Anthony Hamilton
Li Hang 1-6 Liang Wenbo
John Higgins 5-2 Jak Jones
Ali Carter 2-4 Stephen Maguire
Ronnie O'Sullivan 4-4 Kurt Maflin
Michael Holt 3-5 Daniel Wells
Joe Perry 3-3 Aditya Mehta

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
It's annoying to the point where they only do this once in a lifetime performance just... ONCE! It's not only against Ronnie of course, but he has been on the receiving end of some. Then their return to their journeyman status.

Is it once with Kurt Maflin? Weren't we saying that he 'nearly beat Selby' earlier.

Besides, it can't be that annoying if you're watching it impartially. I always thought Lu Ning's performance against Shaun Murphy at the 2012 China Open meant he was going to be the future of snooker. I just googled him, he's not currently playing snooker. <laugh> At the same time, it's a match which stuck with me and I feel honoured to see that performance. Shaun didn't know what hit him.

I'm not upset at Lu for producing it.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Is it once with Kurt Maflin? Weren't we saying that he 'nearly beat Selby' earlier.

Besides, it can't be that annoying if you're watching it impartially. I always thought Lu Ning's performance against Shaun Murphy at the 2012 China Open meant he was going to be the future of snooker. I just googled him, he's not currently playing snooker. <laugh> At the same time, it's a match which stuck with me and I feel honoured to see that performance. Shaun didn't know what hit him.

I'm not upset at Lu for producing it.

Impartial yes, But not when your favourite player is playing him. :mood:

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:

That's what I was driving at. You're not annoyed that he's playing well, you're annoyed that he's doing it against Ronnie.

Anyway, I'm 'working'. What's the score?

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:

Mate, Im just saying how it is. Of course its quite annoying from a topplayers point of view when a journeyman is playing to a very high standard against you and then dropping to his usual low standard the next match despite playing a much weaker opponent than the opponent he beat a round before.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

That's what I was driving at. You're not annoyed that he's playing well, you're annoyed that he's doing it against Ronnie.

Anyway, I'm 'working'. What's the score?

yes precisely. <ok>

5-4 ROS.