Post a reply

Re: WS International Championship WC, Last 128 and Last 64 !

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:I think people are playing too much into this whole 'Ronnie hates China' thing, tbh. I reckon it's purely coincidental that he hasn't done better there. Yes, he's had a few notable blow-ups over the years, but he's had them in other events as well like the UK and the WC.

He always used to duck China quite a lot, as well. Even when there was only six ranking events.

You can point to the fact that he's won Chinese events in the past, too. But it's hardly just people jumping to conclusions.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
Maybe Ronnie something to do with it? :chin:

But to be fair I wasn't home all day yesterday so couldnt watch it. I'll post more in the afternoon the following days.

In my defence, I was round my parents. So I missed a frame of the Selby game, and then didn't really watch the afternoon apart from the odd changing the channels to see scores.

Not really sure how much of the tournament I'll see until the final, so I'm a bit part-time myself this week.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:I think people are playing too much into this whole 'Ronnie hates China' thing, tbh. I reckon it's purely coincidental that he hasn't done better there. Yes, he's had a few notable blow-ups over the years, but he's had them in other events as well like the UK and the WC.

He always used to duck China quite a lot, as well. Even when there was only six ranking events.

You can point to the fact that he's won Chinese events in the past, too. But it's hardly just people jumping to conclusions.

I wonder what his strike rate is? Prob similar to the UK - he wins 1 in 5 tournaments or similar that he enters. There are just less tournaments in China.
Last edited by Dan-cat on 24 Oct 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Just took my nephew to a book signing at Selhurst Park stadium of some Youtubers called the Sidemen. There were thousands of people there. Crazy.

Now - the Ronnie show :)

Bloody hell Dan-Cat, that's only about a mile or so from my flat. Two miles, at most. I've walked it before to see football there.