Post a reply

Re: Coral English Open Semi Finals !!!!!!

Postby TheRocket

I know this has been said a lot. But this time I truly think, Judd will win the World title this season. I think, his time has come. He's matured, has enough experience and he's at the peak of his powers and reminds me a little bit of the peak O'Sullivan in the 2004 World Championship when every department of his game was just really really good even though I still think, that peak O'Sullivan in the 2004 WC was a level above this Trump.

Postby Wildey

TheRocket wrote:I know this has been said a lot. But this time I truly think, Judd will win the World title this season. I think, his time has come. He's matured, has enough experience and he's at the peak of his powers and reminds me a little bit of the peak O'Sullivan in the 2004 World Championship when every department of his game was just really really good even though I still think, that peak O'Sullivan in the 2004 WC was a level above this Trump.

lot of snooker to be played before then and sustaining this form to then coupled with the pressure at Sheffield i wouldn't put my house on it mate

Postby snucar

eraserhead wrote:Shame to see the seats so empty for a semi final.

Who can blame them? I wouldn't pay more than a fiver to watch these "talents" bottle one shot after another.

Postby TheRocket

Wildey wrote:
TheRocket wrote:I know this has been said a lot. But this time I truly think, Judd will win the World title this season. I think, his time has come. He's matured, has enough experience and he's at the peak of his powers and reminds me a little bit of the peak O'Sullivan in the 2004 World Championship when every department of his game was just really really good even though I still think, that peak O'Sullivan in the 2004 WC was a level above this Trump.

lot of snooker to be played before then and sustaining this form to then coupled with the pressure at Sheffield i wouldn't put my house on it mate

well of course there's no guarantee whatsoever mate. The possibility of losing to a topplayer is obviously always existing. But he's undoubtely in his prime now and he's got to take advantage of that big time. These next 3-4 years are hugely important to him.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Wildey wrote:

he could win 5 rankers in this season and still lose in the 1st round of the WC. see ding. WC is a different ball game. pressure has gotten to him. lost two deciders against players he should have won against (carter in 2012 and bingham in 2015) and bottled quite a bit vs neil in 2014.

Postby Wildey

For whatever reason attendances was not great last year for player championship either.

i went there mid week and its a great venue walking distance from the Trafford Centre with plenty of eating places

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:

For whatever reason attendances was not great last year for player championship either.

i went there mid week and its a great venue walking distance from the Trafford Centre with plenty of eating places

I had a hell of a time finding my way here from my hotel, but other than that, it's great.

The Trafford Centre is amazing.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 11 Feb 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Postby snucar

Wildey wrote:sustaining this form

Am I the only one who think that Trump isn't playing THAT good currently. He's playing good enough to beat his opponents but he's nowhere near to his best. Like I said yesterday, it's a great time to be Judd Trump, his opposition is laughable. The only way he can lose this tournament is by bottling it big time.

Regarding the empty seats, when the Crucible struggles to be sold out then you know there's something wrong.
Last edited by snucar on 15 Oct 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:

I had a hell of a time finding my way here from ny hotel, but other than that, it's great.

The Trafford Centre is amazing.

we had a sat nav from the hotel and we still went the wrong way on bloody roundabouts lol

did you have a taxi or walked?

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
Wildey wrote:

he could win 5 rankers in this season and still lose in the 1st round of the WC. see ding. WC is a different ball game. pressure has gotten to him. lost two deciders against players he should have won against (carter in 2012 and bingham in 2015) and bottled quite a bit vs neil in 2014.

Couldn't agree more mate.

Plus like you said, it takes one bad loss (e.g. a match he should have really won) to take his confidence back. Trump has been like that in recent years.

Lot and lot's of Snooker to be played until then. In theory, a player could get knocked out first round in every tournament and win the Worlds. It's better to go there with confidence, but the tournament itself is so much diferent to the others.

Postby Andre147

That missed black off its spot from Hawkins could prove turning point.

He was going so well and about to level at 3-3. 4-2 takes him back again.

Postby Andre147

Just checked tomorrow's schedulle and quite unsual to see the evening session of the Final starting half an hour later at 7.30 pm. The afternoon is at 2pm.

Postby Andre147

OoNebsoO wrote:Another missed black from Barry.

I sent you a PM 2 or 3 days ago and you still havent seen it :chin:

It was about something you asked.