Post a reply

Re: Coral English Open Quarter-Finals !!!!!

Postby masterdoctorgenius

TheRocket wrote:MJW's decline started already shortly after winning his second world title in 2003. I know he was in good form 2010/2011 but he still wasnt the player he had been before.

Higgins imo had already been in decline when he won his fourth world title. He was noticeably weaker in the breakbuilding department shortly after winning his third world title. And since 2011 he hasnt been even close to win another TC.

Out of the 92 generation ROS is obviously the player who has managed to withstand decline the best. Its already some achievement how good hes still playing at this age. Might have something to do with the superior natural talent and better physical shape. But time is running against him.

Imo his concentration level is weaker now than it was in 2013 for example. This is often an age thing. But hes still the only player out of the 92 generation who is capable of winning another WC.

This. Preach this.

If ronnie finds new motivation and the hunger again the concentration will come automatically. he needs something to focus on. the upcoming masters and UK will be the true test and will maybe indicate if he has the focus back or not.
Last edited by masterdoctorgenius on 14 Oct 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Dan-cat

Every segment I've watched of Jimmy recreating shots he's got them every time. He just played a perfect cut back double, a regular double and a triple. And yes Goldstein a cross double is different to a cutback. He was trying to argue with Neal they were the same thing.

Postby snucar

Dan-cat wrote:Every segment I've watched of Jimmy recreating shots he's got them every time. He just played a perfect cut back double, a regular double and a triple.

I'll tell you what, seeing White back in good physical shape and stop being a walking balloon is the best news in snooker the last couple of years. Had he done that several years ago he would have been able to teach some of the "superior" young guns of today some harsh lessons more often and decline more gracefully.

Postby snucar

masterdoctorgenius wrote:If ronnie finds new motivation and the hunger again the concentration will come automatically. he needs something to focus on. the upcoming masters and UK will be the true test and will maybe indicate if he has the focus back or not.

Nothing wrong about what you've said above, but what is he waiting for? Just look in what condition his opposition is? All his major opponents are in serious worse position than they were before. Robbo, Murphy, Ding, Higgins etc. they all playing worse than they did a couple years ago. Bingo is world #2 ffs.

It's a great time being Judd Trump these days. This guy is destined to be seriously rich in the years to come without even sweating too much.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:Hope to never see Wakelin on my television screen again.

bucking hell give the guy a break he had a bad day today who bucking hasent you get them every time you bucking type

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:The shower in my hotel room has a seat in it. Is that in case I'd had a drink?

its a disabled room

Why have they put SF in a disabled room? :shrug:

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:

bucking hell give the guy a break he had a bad day today who bucking hasent you get them every time you bucking type

Wakelin ruined this tournament for the viewers, sponsors and Barry Hearn. I hope he's proud of himself.

You ruin this forum for everybody else.

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Wakelin ruined this tournament for the viewers, sponsors and Barry Hearn. I hope he's proud of himself.

No, you.

Postby Sickpotter

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
TheRocket wrote:MJW's decline started already shortly after winning his second world title in 2003. I know he was in good form 2010/2011 but he still wasnt the player he had been before.

Higgins imo had already been in decline when he won his fourth world title. He was noticeably weaker in the breakbuilding department shortly after winning his third world title. And since 2011 he hasnt been even close to win another TC.

Out of the 92 generation ROS is obviously the player who has managed to withstand decline the best. Its already some achievement how good hes still playing at this age. Might have something to do with the superior natural talent and better physical shape. But time is running against him.

Imo his concentration level is weaker now than it was in 2013 for example. This is often an age thing. But hes still the only player out of the 92 generation who is capable of winning another WC.

This. Preach this.

If ronnie finds new motivation and the hunger again the concentration will come automatically. he needs something to focus on. the upcoming masters and UK will be the true test and will maybe indicate if he has the focus back or not.

If a million pound bonus for winning all 4 cups didn't motivate him what do you think will?

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:

How did he ruin the tournament christ as a viewer, fan its a great story when Ronnie loses sponsors should be over the moon with that.

Hearn and Sponsors wants talking points and like it or not Ronnie losing as well as a relatively unknown beating him is the biggest so i think they are happy.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Sickpotter wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:

This. Preach this.

If a million pound bonus for winning all 4 cups didn't motivate him what do you think will?

triple crowns

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:The shower in my hotel room has a seat in it. Is that in case I'd had a drink?

its a disabled room

Why have they put SF in a disabled room? :shrug:

They thought I'd get legless in the hotel bar. Hey, get it?