Post a reply

Re: Coral English Open Quarter-Finals !!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
LC wrote:Higgins ros and Williams on the decline big time now

I'd go along with that, tbh.

ffs ronnie is the current masters champ.

He conceded a frame in the final. DECLINE!

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

ffs ronnie is the current masters champ. last time john won a TC? or MJW?

Decline doesn't have to mean a player is rubbish now. Of course Ronnie is still capable of producing top quality snooker and winning big events, but his best days are clearly behind him.

His peak days are gone and only a fool would say otherwise.

If by decline you mean he isn't getting younger, he's now 40, almost 41 and his best days are behind then yes I agree.

But MDG is absolutely right, Ronnie isn't on no decline that he can't win Big events. He can still, he's the current Masters and Welsh Open Champion, and I'm almost certain he'll win at least 1 title this season, if not 2 like last season.

MJW we all know has been in serious decline since 2011 when he lost all those Finals from well in front. Higgins can still win titles if he hits some purple patch like last season.

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:so trump'll lose again vs hawkins just like at the masters?!

Trump played as well as I've seen him play in defeating Robbo in the Quarters of that event, then he somehow managed to lose against Hawkins.

Wouldn't surprise me if he lost again, he seems to struggle against him and in fact Hawkins leads the h2h.

Postby eraserhead

masterdoctorgenius wrote:so trump'll lose again vs hawkins just like at the masters?!

If it was a TC event I would agree, but I'd quite like a Judd Bing final.

Just had a look at the max attempt by Judd now that was a choke. <doh>

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Decline doesn't have to mean a player is rubbish now. Of course Ronnie is still capable of producing top quality snooker and winning big events, but his best days are clearly behind him.

When Hendry won his 7th WC he was well in decline.....players like Ronnie are so good that the fall is a long one.... he is still capable but producing it at will gets harder

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

When Hendry won his 7th WC he was well in decline.....players like Ronnie are so good that the fall is a long one.... he is still capable but producing it at will gets harder

Agree with most of that.

The thing about most people on this site is they see decline as something that is black or white. He used to be great, now is rubbish, clearly that is decline.

However, players even past their best are still capable of great things, that doesn't mean they are not past their peak. Ronnie won The Masters at a canter, does that mean he is still at his very best?

Postby Cheshire Cat

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

I look at the fact that Hendry made the final in 2002 and lost to an unstoppable ROS in the 2004 and 2008 World semi finals. The man was incredible, even when he was declining.

If not for meeting ROS playing snooker from the Gods in those semis, Hendry could well have gone on to make the finals, if not won more world titles.

Postby Cheshire Cat

It's a really good break from Anthony, he's never looked in trouble. Going to be 1-1.

Prefer this match to the Bingham one in all honesty.

Postby snucar

This Wakelin guy is completely unwatchable. Someone should inflict Ronnie a serious fine for what he did. He makes Bingo look like a world beater. This tourney has Trump's name written all over it. Garbage stuff.

Postby SnookerFan

snucar wrote:This Wakelin guy is completely unwatchable. Someone should inflict Ronnie a serious fine for what he did. He makes Bingo look like a world beater. This tourney has Trump's name written all over it. Garbage stuff.

Ronnie should get fined for losing a match?

Postby snucar

SnookerFan wrote:Ronnie should get fined for losing a match?

I goes beyond than just losing a match. He allowed that random club player called Wa(n)kelin put his mug on our screens and make us suffer twice this week with his awful snooker. I have yet to forgive him losing to Bingo and allowing him to be World Champion, but this is way too much. Ronnie has commited some of the greatest snooker crimes in history.

Postby SnookerFan

snucar wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Ronnie should get fined for losing a match?

I goes beyond than just losing a match. He allowed that random club player called Wa(n)kelin put his mug on our screens and make us suffer twice this week with his awful snooker. I have yet to forgive him losing to Bingo and allowing him to be World Champion, but this is way too much. Ronnie has commited some of the greatest snooker crimes in history.

You could stop supporting him?

Postby TheRocket

MJW's decline started already shortly after winning his second world title in 2003. I know he was in good form 2010/2011 but he still wasnt the player he had been before.

Higgins imo had already been in decline when he won his fourth world title. He was noticeably weaker in the breakbuilding department shortly after winning his third world title. And since 2011 he hasnt been even close to win another TC.

Out of the 92 generation ROS is obviously the player who has managed to withstand decline the best. Its already some achievement how good hes still playing at this age. Might have something to do with the superior natural talent and better physical shape. But time is running against him.

Imo his concentration level is weaker now than it was in 2013 for example. This is often an age thing. But hes still the only player out of the 92 generation who is capable of winning another WC.

Postby snucar

Dan-cat wrote:'It's like a nightmare isn't it. It just keeps on getting worse and worse'

We live in an era where Bingo is world#2 and former world champion and Wakelin makes the quarters in a ranking event. So many bad matches nowadays, it's astonishing.
Last edited by snucar on 14 Oct 2016, edited 1 time in total.