Post a reply

Shaun Murphy and Liang Wenbo needle

Postby SnookerFan

On Eurosport last night, they kept referring to the needle between these two players.

Foulds even joked; "Liang wouldn't have been invited to Shaun's recent wedding." When quizzed, he shrugged it off as if it was just normal needle between players. But Jimmy sort of backed him up, saying the needle was there.

Is there some problem between these two? What is the needle?

Re: Shaun Murphy and Liang Wenbo needle

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:buck knows. But I do love a bit of needle...

I don't really see the fascination, really.

I know nobody will get on with everybody. But when I'm watching snooker, I really aint that fussed what the two players think about each other.

Then again, I did post this thread, so :shrug:

Postby Cheshire Cat

Liang has had a fair few bad boy moments on the table down the years iirc. I don't think he's really personally done anything to Murphy, but Murphy being the gentleman that he is probably just doesn't like some of Liang's conduct.

Postby Dan-cat

Cheshire Cat wrote:Liang has had a fair few bad boy moments on the table down the years iirc. I don't think he's really personally done anything to Murphy, but Murphy being the gentleman that he is probably just doesn't like some of Liang's conduct.

+1. Liang is a proper hustler. All those theatrics he does to put the other player off...

Postby SnookerFan

Cheshire Cat wrote:Liang has had a fair few bad boy moments on the table down the years iirc. I don't think he's really personally done anything to Murphy, but Murphy being the gentleman that he is probably just doesn't like some of Liang's conduct.

Yeah, I did wonder if it was something like that.

Murphy being the 'champion of good sportmanship' that he is, I can see him being a bit annoyed by some of Liang's behaviour.

In Murphy's defence, I think Liang did play up to it during his UK Championship run last season.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:In Murphy's defence, I think Liang did play up to it during his UK Championship run last season.

This was huge! I remember Ronnie in the post match analysis after his quarter-final saying that Liang 'had done a number on the other fella, he hustled him' and Jimmy was nodding furiously

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:In Murphy's defence, I think Liang did play up to it during his UK Championship run last season.

This was huge! I remember Ronnie in the post match analysis after his quarter-final saying that Liang 'had done a number on the other fella, he hustled him' and Jimmy was nodding furiously

Well, there's huge and there's what Eurosport commentators think of as huge...

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

Well, there's huge and there's what Eurosport commentators think of as huge...

Jimmy's wig nearly fell off.