Post a reply

Re: Coral English Open Last 32 and Last 16 !!!!

Postby whitespider

PoolBoy wrote:
whitespider wrote:I saw Xintong play Woollaston earlier this year in the China Open qualifers in Barnsley. They put it on one of the tables round the back where there was only 9 seats which were right next to the table down the side. Best view I've ever had at a snooker match. So close. Despite it only being 9 seats it wasn't full. Think most people will be checking him out after last night and he won't be banished to the back!

Woollaston did a job on him that day though. Xintongs break building was a little off and Ben was on it. As people saw last night Xintong will leave plenty of chances at the moment. Reckon it will take him three years to iron this out and develop a good safety game. Hopefully there is no over expectation on him to deliver before this. My memory is hazy but I think Ronnie's matchplay was better in his teens than Zhao's is now.

Plenty of time though - Bingtao the man to watch today. I think he will hit the top quicker. Less of a natural but his all round game is better I would say from the few matches I've seen.

You did mention him in the last post on this thread from last December - as did I in the original post! viewtopic.php?f=25&t=6291#p403467
However, my other 2 players haven't done as well as I expected throughout 2016!

Yeah I'm not sure where Brecel is at really. he's gone out I think in the first round or qualifer everytime this season. That being said in the end of season list he's currently provisionally 28th -which is a small improvement overall. Don't think he has much to defend this year. I though he would kick on after the German Masters but hasn't.

Lines i think is consolidating like you said. Next two years are critical for him. A few bad results and he's in danger of dropping off the tour. Especially with a few strong players coming through from below.

Postby SnookerFan

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:TWITTER ATTACK!

Joe Perry ‏@joegentlemanjoe
Call me a traditionalist or grumpy but I say ban the silly bow ties and chalk pouches!! Snooker players used to look smart!!

yeah he is right. what the hell is neil wearing. that isnt a bow tie.

What is he wearing? I'm not watching.

Paint me a picture, with your words.

Postby TheRocket

masterdoctorgenius wrote:wtf is ronnie doing? red over the pocket

Hes scared of Wakelin. Wakelin just has this aura about him when walking around the table which no other player has. Definitely a Future world champ

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:wtf is ronnie doing? red over the pocket

Hes scared of Wakelin. Wakelin just has this aura about him when walking around the table which no other player has. Definitely a Future world champ

:|