Post a reply

Re: Coral English Open Last 32 and Last 16 !!!!

Postby snucar

PoolBoy wrote: a season of 19 Ranking Events.

That's madness, hence belittling them is inevitable. The top pros are the first at doing that and rightly so. That's why there's so much apathy on their faces after a defeat in the round 2 or the last 16 stages nowadays. Try watching Davis, Hendry, White etc after an early exit in the Rothmans Grand Prix for example, they were absolutely gutted. Ranking events should be a big occasion, not just another day in the office. Treating the great ranking events of the past the same way with the Riga Masters or whatever other sh!tty tournament of today which carries absolutely no prestige is beyond me. Try asking Jimmy White what it meant to a snooker player winning the Grand Prix or the Irish Masters back in the day.

Postby eraserhead

Good day for the top players. :?

I won't bother watching Ronnie's match on youtube from the comments I've read here.

Regarding ranking events I wish they would spend more time working on them so they have their own identity. I'd rather have eurosport do punditry and analysis for something like the international championship and the shanghai masters. I do think there needs to be some time between events as well Judd's win in Romania already feels like old news.

And less best of 7's.

Postby Cheshire Cat

That was some miss on the blue by Patrick. Looked harder to miss than it did to pot. Pressure.

I don't have anything against all of these events, but I really do think players need to start picking and choosing events to prioritise or events they'd really like to go for.

Postby Cloud Strife

Cheshire Cat wrote:That was some miss on the blue by Patrick. Looked harder to miss than it did to pot. Pressure.

I don't have anything against all of these events, but I really do think players need to start picking and choosing events to prioritise or events they'd really like to go for.

I swear if Patrick loses this frame....

Higgins' luck. :td:

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Wow. Ronnie, Ding, Allen and Robbo all out this afternoon :dizzy:

If you didnt watch Ronnie's match, dont bother mate.

Pathetic performance from him. He got what he wanted, which was more time to rest between tournaments.

Sometimes I dont understand him... complains he needs to play more, but when he does he's too tired..

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Wow. Ronnie, Ding, Allen and Robbo all out this afternoon :dizzy:

If you didnt watch Ronnie's match, dont bother mate.

Pathetic performance from him. He got what he wanted, which was more time to rest between tournaments.

Sometimes I dont understand him... complains he needs to play more, but when he does he's too tired..

I couldn't watch it. Hmm, seems like he wasn't in the right mindset for this tournament. Shame.

Still he only lost in a decider playing poorly :dizzy:

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:higgins struggling but unlike ronnie he will find a way to win

wouldn't be so sure if I were you... Higgins too has lost numerous times to these kind of players for the past 2 or 3 years.

Postby OoNebsoO

Ouch.

1 Mark Selby
2 Stuart Bingham
3 Judd Trump
4 Shaun Murphy
5 John Higgins
6 Ding Junhui
7 Neil Robertson
8 Mark Allen
9 Ronnie O'Sullivan
10 Ricky Walden
11 Joe Perry
12 Marco Fu
13 Mark Williams
14 Allister Carter
15 Barry Hawkins
16 Kyren Wilson

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Andre147 wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:higgins struggling but unlike ronnie he will find a way to win

wouldn't be so sure if I were you... Higgins too has lost numerous times to these kind of players for the past 2 or 3 years.

if he can win this tournament somehow maybe he will hit another purple patch just like last year where he won 3 rankers. even ronnie hasnt done that for a whole