Post a reply

Re: Coral English Open Last 64

Postby Cloud Strife

Pedro147 wrote:If Liam Highfield wasn't called Cream-Pie Field in school then his classmates missed a massive opportunity.

What's a Cream-Pie?

Postby pasunegirafe

What a terrible match. Both Selby and Highfield played poorly. Though Selby had two good frames, he was a tad worse than Highfield overall. Throws away his chance at the £1mil. Though I don't think he would have gotten it and I don't think anyone will. It's just too difficult.

Postby eraserhead

Dan-cat wrote:
eraserhead wrote:Liam on for the million! :D

Selby gone?! I missed the end

Yep Liam potted some good balls in the decider and tucked mark behind a colour, Mark hit the blue in his escape attempt and left everything for Liam.

Postby Andre147

Yes I want someone like Liam (unless Ronnie loses of course) to win the title.

Then the 1 mil talk would sound awkward to say the least...

Postby Cheshire Cat

pasunegirafe wrote:What a terrible match. Both Selby and Highfield played poorly. Though Selby had two good frames, he was a tad worse than Highfield overall. Throws away his chance at the £1mil. Though I don't think he would have gotten it and I don't think anyone will. It's just too difficult.

This.

Mark looked alright early on, but he played some really strange shots as the match went on. For anyone that didn't watch, this was probably one of his worst safety performances. On the other hand, I think Highfield actually played some decent safety.

Both really struggled to build breaks though. It was scrappy all the way.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:Yes I want someone like Liam (unless Ronnie loses of course) to win the title.

Then the 1 mil talk would sound awkward to say the least...

The Underdog Millionare! <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

eraserhead wrote:Is it Smurph next? I'd rather watch Ding.

Supposedly Maguire, but I don't know how they'll get them all in on TV.

If they don't televise Murphy, he'll still be moaning about it by the Welsh Open comes round. rofl

Postby eraserhead

pasunegirafe wrote:What a terrible match. Both Selby and Highfield played poorly. Though Selby had two good frames, he was a tad worse than Highfield overall. Throws away his chance at the £1mil. Though I don't think he would have gotten it and I don't think anyone will. It's just too difficult.

Marks had a good run recently though, won an event reached a final and then a semi. <ok>

Postby Pedro147

I think Selby has been poor since the turn of the year. I know it's a weird thing to say as he won the world title but got two thrashings off Ronnie in Masters and Welsh and was terrible in the WCs. Played one good session in the whole tournament. I went to his semi-final against Fu and the standard was very low. His match against Sam Baird was such a low standard in the earlier rounds.

Even in the EM last week he didn't really play well in any match. I suppose it's a testament to him that he can still compete but his overall play has been really un-Selby like since the start of the year.

Postby SnookerFan

I know I'm the one who has mainly been joking about it, but I'm beginning to agree that this million talk will get tiresome. rofl

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

Mark Allen ‏@pistol147
Wouldn't be surprised to see a few big names pull out of Belfast. Lots of big events coming up and it's been a very tough 5/6 weeks for some

Postby PoolBoy

Jeezus - Jimmy White's hair! It's like a plant stuck on top!
I feel he's got too many 'yes men' around him telling him it looks okay!
What a mess! Just grow bald gracefully, nothing wrong with that!

Postby eraserhead

I didn't realise that new invitational was literally called "China Championship" not fond of that name at all.

Postby SnookerFan

eraserhead wrote:I didn't realise that new invitational was literally called "China Championship" not fond of that name at all.

What did you think it was called?

Postby Andre147

Pedro147 wrote:I think Selby has been poor since the turn of the year. I know it's a weird thing to say as he won the world title but got two thrashings off Ronnie in Masters and Welsh and was terrible in the WCs. Played one good session in the whole tournament. I went to his semi-final against Fu and the standard was very low. His match against Sam Baird was such a low standard in the earlier rounds.

Even in the EM last week he didn't really play well in any match. I suppose it's a testament to him that he can still compete but his overall play has been really un-Selby like since the start of the year.

Good post. He's been there for the taking that's true.

Postby eraserhead

SnookerFan wrote:
eraserhead wrote:I didn't realise that new invitational was literally called "China Championship" not fond of that name at all.

What did you think it was called?

I don't know I just thought that was a working title people where using. rofl

Postby masterdoctorgenius

SnookerFan wrote:TWITTER ATTACK!

Mark Allen ‏@pistol147
Wouldn't be surprised to see a few big names pull out of Belfast. Lots of big events coming up and it's been a very tough 5/6 weeks for some

the one who has a chance for the 1 million wont pull out. believe me

Postby Pedro147

And it's not even a dig at him as such, just how I see it. I know you can't play well in every match but there hasn't been one match I've seen him in recently that I think he's played well in.

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:TWITTER ATTACK!

Mark Allen ‏@pistol147

the one who has a chance for the 1 million wont pull out. believe me

Ronnie would believe me! <ok>

Just to rub it on their faces, and I'd love if he actually did it having won this one.

Postby pasunegirafe

Dan-cat wrote:
pasunegirafe wrote:What a terrible match. Both Selby and Highfield played poorly. Though Selby had two good frames, he was a tad worse than Highfield overall.

You enjoyed it then Tuna?

:sad:
I hoped that he would pull through, but his form has been too inconsistent these past few weeks despite reaching the semis last week and the final in Shanghai. Hopefully he'll just rest now, 'cause he's played a lot of matches, exhibitions, and sponsor events.