Post a reply

Re: Coral English Open last 128 !!!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

I have put in an early request for 9 days of Annual Leave in April.

With Easter being where it is, I can leave work on 13th April, and not go back to work until the 2nd May with just 9 days of leave.

I got the whole Crucible off.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:I have put in an early request for 9 days of Annual Leave in April.

With Easter being where it is, I can leave work on 13th April, and not go back to work until the 2nd May with just 9 days of leave.

I got the whole Crucible off.

You deserve your moniker more than ever for this, and your attendance this weekend at semis and final. A true snooker fan if ever there was one.
Last edited by Dan-cat on 11 Oct 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Dan-cat

Go on Ding lad!!

'Ding Junhui refused to rule out the possibility of scooping a £1 million Home Nations bonus, after defeating Mitchell Mann 4-0 in round one of the Coral English Open in Manchester.

The recent Shanghai Masters Champion wasted little time in securing the win. After stealing the second frame on the black to go 2-0 up, Ding took complete control. He made runs of 44 and 53 in the final two frames and completed the rout in just over an hour.

Afterwards the Chinese superstar talked up his chances of securing the big money bonus that awaits any player who can win all four Home Nations events.

Ding remarked: “I think I could do it. Nobody knows what could happen, it could be like the year I won five ranking events. It is a chance for a player to make history.”

Postby Dan-cat

Winners yesterday: Mags, Willo, Kyren, Bingo, Jamie Bodle (an amautuer, surprise win over Stevens 4-1, qualified for the event by virtue of winning the 100th English Amateur Championship)

Kyren said in his post-match interview (stylishly shot in the practice room, Eurosport have spent some money on this event - studio and pundits, home nations branding, extra cameras in the practice room - really ace to see) that he didn't practice enough over summer and has since done the work.

“I feel that this week I am close to how I was playing last season,” said Wilson. “I had bad tournaments in Shanghai and Romania and I’ve went away and worked very hard. I feel like my games in good shape and it’s just about replicating that on the TV stage.”

Postby Cheshire Cat

Dan-cat wrote:Go on Ding lad!!

'Ding Junhui refused to rule out the possibility of scooping a £1 million Home Nations bonus, after defeating Mitchell Mann 4-0 in round one of the Coral English Open in Manchester.

The recent Shanghai Masters Champion wasted little time in securing the win. After stealing the second frame on the black to go 2-0 up, Ding took complete control. He made runs of 44 and 53 in the final two frames and completed the rout in just over an hour.

Afterwards the Chinese superstar talked up his chances of securing the big money bonus that awaits any player who can win all four Home Nations events.

Ding remarked: “I think I could do it. Nobody knows what could happen, it could be like the year I won five ranking events. It is a chance for a player to make history.”

I was grinning like the Cheshire Cat when I watched his interview. It's obviously extremely unlikely that any player will do it, but it's nice to have a player make such a cheeky little remark. I kind of hope he does it now.

I liked when he was asked in the ES studio what his favourite venue to play in was, and he sort of sourly said 'Sheffield' to poke fun at the hard time he's hard playing at the Crucible. <laugh> It's good seeing confident Ding again.

Postby Dan-cat

Bingo had a lucky escape last night. He needed a snooker against the Milkman at 3-2, had all but lost the match, Milko must have thought he was in the next round... and then Bingo got the snooker and it went down to a black ball game. Several safety shots later, the Milkman went in-off a double attempt and Bingo took the decider.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Go on Ding lad!!

Who the fudge asked him that?

As if he's going to go; "Naaah, sod it. Nobody is going to win that, why should we try?"

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:You deserve your moniker more than ever for this, and your attendance this weekend at semis and final. A true snooker fan if ever there was one.

A bit of a risk, as it's early in the Annual Leave year. But last year, I booked seven days off and only had about half the tournament off work. So, it seems like a good chance. If I don't do it this year, I may never have the whole tournament off.

It might mean I have to sacrifice things later in the year, such as taking a week off to watch the UK Championships on TV, but sod it. You only live once. It might be the only year that I have the whole tournament off again.

I'll just have to regulate my drinking a bit over 17 days. My memories of some sessions of the quarters and semis are a bit hazy from last year. :emb:

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Bingo had a lucky escape last night. He needed a snooker against the Milkman at 3-2, had all but lost the match, Milko must have thought he was in the next round... and then Bingo got the snooker and it went down to a black ball game. Several safety shots later, the Milkman went in-off a double attempt and Bingo took the decider.

Yeah, watched that one.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Trump 1 nil against Kendo. That was quick! Kendo was in first, then Trump made a break of 71. Picking up where he left off.

Doherty has no chance in that one, does he? rofl