Post a reply

Re: Coral English Open last 128 !!!!!!

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Ronnie has Zhao Xintong next.

any idea in which round ronnie could meet neil, stu and other top 16 player

Neil Last 16, Stu Quarters.

Postby Andre147

Andre147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Ronnie has Zhao Xintong next.

any idea in which round ronnie could meet neil, stu and other top 16 player

Neil Last 16, Stu Quarters.

last 16 still bo7?

aye

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:another chinese player which one is predicted to win 2-3 WCs if he fulfills his potential

but jimmy was quite impresses

by Ronnie's logic anyone who is very talented should win 1 or 2 Worlds <laugh>

Out of these young players the one I'd like the most to see win it is Luca.

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:another chinese player which one is predicted to win 2-3 WCs if he fulfills his potential

but jimmy was quite impressed

opps, jimmy lost vs him. we were so close to have a jimmy-ronnie match?

Xintong played Wang Yuchen, not Jimmy.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Andre147 wrote:

my bad

Postby Cheshire Cat

Andre147 wrote:

Out of these young players the one I'd like the most to see win it is Luca.

Zhou Yuelong always seems to be the young prospect that catches my eye. He's very impressive.

But yes, Luca at the moment reminds me a little too much of Trump. He's brilliant when he's on it, but he doesn't have that 'B' game just yet to carry him when he's not at his best.

Postby Andre147

Murphy has been in bad form since becoming a dad.

Let's see if this tournament is the start of a good run.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:

my bad

Dennis Taylor?

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:

In Ronnie Land every player is the future.

Postby TheRocket

eraserhead wrote:Tbf in the masters and grand prix he wasn't anywhere near his best in those tournaments, so it's not really a surprise he didn't play well in those finals.

I think. If you're always used to Ronnie playing at least a decent standard in finals which he always did, you're just kinda surprised how many rubbish finals he played most recently. All finals after the COC 2014 have been really poor.

Even if you say, he didn't play well throughout the whole gp 2015. Might be true but in the past he's done it so many times, playing his best Snooker in the final after having played relatively average or even bad the rounds before.

Just an example. Higgins has quite a good H2H against Ronnie. In the quarters and especially the semis.
But looking at the finals, you suddenly see how Ronnie dominated him. In fact, Ronnie made him even look like an amateur in two Mastersfinals. That's how good this man usually is in finals.

You just have a high expectation everytime he goes out and plays in the final.

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:think the WC final loss made him realize that he has to pounce on every oppurtunity he gets cause he is getting older and is putting unnecessary pressure on him

Probably you're right.

Ronnie can't away with bad performances in Finals and still expect to win titles. He was a tad lucky Judd didnt punish him more in the UK Final, and even in the Masters Final Hawkins could have really been a great test for him, but he folded like a pack of cards.

I want to see at least one more Big Final where Ronnie plays at his best.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Is it true that Selby said the only man that he can see winning all four Home events in one season is ROS?

ES mentioned it in comms, so I'm just taking it as they say it. I didn't see his interview myself, so if he did say it, it's a nice little gesture of the respect he holds O'Sullivan in.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Andre147 wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:think the WC final loss made him realize that he has to pounce on every oppurtunity he gets cause he is getting older and is putting unnecessary pressure on him

Probably you're right.

Ronnie can't away with bad performances in Finals and still expect to win titles. He was a tad lucky Judd didnt punish him more in the UK Final, and even in the Masters Final Hawkins could have really been a great test for him, but he folded like a pack of cards.

atm funnily i have the feeling that ronnie has more chances to beat selby than trump.

Postby Andre147

Andre147 wrote:

Probably you're right.

atm funnily i have the feeling that ronnie has more chances to beat selby than trump.

Me too, and I wanted a Selby v Ronnie Final at the EM.

Mind you, I'd rather see Ronnie losing to Trump (especially in a comeback) than to see Ronnie losing a Big Final to his rival Selby.

Postby TheRocket

Cheshire Cat wrote:Is it true that Selby said the only man that he can see winning all four Home events in one season is ROS?

ES mentioned it in comms, so I'm just taking it as they say it. I didn't see his interview myself, so if he did say it, it's a nice little gesture of the respect he holds O'Sullivan in.

I think, Selby always respected him as a player. Still think, they don't really like each other though. Personally.

But Trump especially is extremely praiseful of ROS these last 1-2 years which is quite fascinating. From the "If Ronnie avoids me, he can still win titles" (Masters 2012) Trump to "he has such a presence in the room, he has something which no one else has, felt nervous playing him and and".

And unlike ROS-Selby Trump-ROS seem to quite like each other as persons.

Postby Lou147

I hate how small the ES camera angle makes the table look

Postby PLtheRef

Andre147 wrote:

Probably you're right.

It does seem a little odd unless I'm being harsh that the only finals performances that genuinely seem to get scrutinized are the ones where either O'Sullivan gets beaten, or if he wins he's probably won with an opponent who could've put him away. - I seem to remember O'Sullivan producing a great performance in a World Championship final in 2013, winning the Masters with ease in 2014. Fading into history they may be but they are still relatively recent

It's also worth bearing in mind that in truth O'Sullivan should have won the frame that Hawkins took - from clearing from well behind in the opener.

I can't see why O'Sullivan needs to put the pressure on himself. Hendry's record number of World Championships is beginning to loom a little beyond reach. He's overtaken the century's record, the maximums record. Could well get close in terms of ranking titles but he has won everything in the game several times over. - From what it seems he doesn't hgave an

On an unrelated topic (one I'm looking into on cue-tracker) Is Ronnie more susceptible to being hauled level to a decider having led than in years previously?

Postby Andre147

Probably you're right PL, but still it's true that since the CoC Final his performances in Finals havent been great. Age syndrome perhaps? Pressure of handling a Final beggining to be a bit too much for a player who used to be so good in them, even when he lost?

Anyway, as long as he wins them, I dont really give a damn. Ronnie won the UK Final and I couldnt have been happier, it was a bit like Higgins when not at his best still managed to win Big Titles.

Postby Andre147

PLtheRef wrote:It was Alfie's 100th career century!

Wow what a way to achieve your 100th carrer ton!!!!!

Really is remarkable.

Congrats Alfie :hatoff:

Postby PLtheRef

Andre147 wrote:

Really is remarkable.

Like I said on Twitter. It must surely be a unique achievement.

The 122nd maximum. The 147th may be a couple or three seasons away.

Postby SnookerFan

PLtheRef wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Really is remarkable.

Like I said on Twitter. It must surely be a unique achievement.

The 122nd maximum. The 147th may be a couple or three seasons away.

Could happen next season, the way they go.