Post a reply

Re: Coral English Open last 128 !!!!!!

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Loving the referee in the Tramp match.

Which referee has the final?

Marcel <ok>

What? Again? Who is he shagging?

Hearn or Jason Ferguson.

:limp:

I thought I read somewhere he swings that way, Marcel Eckardt that is.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:hahahaha. one visit stuff. it shows every day is different.

Atm and actually for quite a while you have the feeling, he's playing his worst Snooker in the finals. I think, he really has the let's say I don't care attitude in the early rounds, even in the semis but in the final he's really feeling the pressure and just not handling it well.

Couldnt agree more. The last 4 Finals he's played in he played pretty rubbish, only showed glimpses of his best form for 2 or 3 frames, and managed to win 2 of them.

It's like a Finals syndrome or something in recent times. When like you say used to be the other way around.

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:lost a bit of the overview

in which round ronnie could possibly meet a top 16 player and players like robbi, ding etc?

Robbo Last 16. Yes, that early...

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:To be honest. I think, Ronnie on average has probably the worst break offs inside the Top 16.

Ronnie's break off shots arent the best yeah. More than 50% of the times he leaves something on. >Selby and Robbo have the best I'd say. Ding too.

Postby eraserhead

Andre147 wrote:Couldnt agree more. The last 4 Finals he's played in he played pretty rubbish, only showed glimpses of his best form for 2 or 3 frames, and managed to win 2 of them.

It's like a Finals syndrome or something in recent times. When like you say used to be the other way around.

Tbf in the masters and grand prix he wasn't anywhere near his best in those tournaments, so it's not really a surprise he didn't play well in those finals.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

eraserhead wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Couldnt agree more. The last 4 Finals he's played in he played pretty rubbish, only showed glimpses of his best form for 2 or 3 frames, and managed to win 2 of them.

Tbf in the masters and grand prix he wasn't anywhere near his best in those tournaments, so it's not really a surprise he didn't play well in those finals.

yeah and he was on a winning streak i think which was ended by robbo

Postby eraserhead

masterdoctorgenius wrote:yeah and he was on a winning streak i think which was ended by robbo

I meant the Masters this year he played the best against Selby but his positional play and break building wasn't there. Hawkins just choked in the final.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

eraserhead wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:yeah and he was on a winning streak i think which was ended by robbo

I meant the Masters this year he played the best against Selby but his positional play and break building wasn't there. Hawkins just choked in the final.

forgive him. was his first proper tournament after a long taken break. sheer determination got him through and some moments of brilliance

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:in the last 6 finals ( Coc, Uk, GP, Masters, Welsh, EM) he met trump 4 times. its more of a match up problem imo.

Yes maybe you're right.

2-2 in big finals then. the next one they have hopefully it's 3-2 Ron :-D

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ronnie's concentration is quite poor today but he isn't punished at all by Jimmy.

Jimmy is too much in awe of Ronnie, his favourite player.

Postby Cloud Strife

eraserhead wrote:

Hawkins didn't choke, that was the normal Hawkins. He always was a journeyman, don't let these last few years fool you.
Last edited by Cloud Strife on 11 Oct 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ronnie's concentration is quite poor today but he isn't punished at all by Jimmy.

Jimmy is too much in awe of Ronnie, his favourite player.

Similar to Carter whenever he plays Ronnie.

Postby eraserhead

Cloud Strife wrote:Hawkins didn't choke, that was the normal Hawkins. He always was a journeyman, don't let these last few years fo you.

You'd still expect normal Hawkins to get more than one frame. rofl

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:neil foulds is spot on. motivation only problem which could arrive. his game is in good shape compared to MJW and Higgins. maybe it is because of his natural talent

Yeah good point.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Easy

Ronnie looking in good shape, but long long tournament ahead, and in Best of 7 basically any opponent on a very good day can knock a top player out.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Thought he looked pretty focused really, especially the fact he blanked the 147 attempt. You can't argue with 96% pot success.