Post a reply

Re: European Masters Final !!!!!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

pasunegirafe wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:It seems like ages until the next snooker.

I know, right? Tomorrow is too far away.

They should have an exhibition in between.

Postby kolompar

pasunegirafe wrote:Also, why is Tiriac there? Weird. He's boss of the Madrid Masters (tennis).

Didn't know who he is but he looks funny. Turns out he was an Olympian ice hockey player, tennis Grand Slam winner, and now a billionaire businessman who sponsored the tournament.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:The thing is, even though Ronnie was unlucky in the last three frames Trump still had to play three perfect frames which he did. Three frames full of skills where he potted balls from everywhere. So it actually doesn't feel as painful as it should be probably. It doesn't feel like let's say the Masters final 2006 or 2010.

Exactly. He made a lot more errors in the final frames of the UK final he won for example. He run of the ball just abandoned him at the last minute.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
TheRocket wrote:The thing is, even though Ronnie was unlucky in the last three frames Trump still had to play three perfect frames which he did. Three frames full of skills where he potted balls from everywhere. So it actually doesn't feel as painful as it should be probably. It doesn't feel like let's say the Masters final 2006 or 2010.

Exactly. He made a lot more errors in the final frames of the UK final he won for example. He run of the ball just abandoned him at the last minute.

Yes I guess so.

It's hard to take though, he would have won his 29th ranker and surpassed two all time greats.

You're right in saying that with the amount of rankers nowadays he's bound to win 1 or 2 if he enters them.

But very sad neverheless :sad: :-( :sad:

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:At least Ronnie whitewashed Robbo yesterday.

Why oh why coulnd't he produce that sort of form here? not even asking for the whole, just a few frames. Had he done that Ronnie would have won something like 9-5.

Ah well... he plays on Tuesday next, no time to think about defeats.

Postby eraserhead

SnookerFan wrote:So, Quest TV.

Discuss.

I checked and it's showing snooker from 1-5 but not in the evening so I don't think it's full coverage.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Alright, now Ronnie just has to win all four home series events. And the UK. And the Masters. And the Worlds.

We'll all forget about this final then.

Just winning the Worlds or any TC title would make me forget about this.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:At least Ronnie whitewashed Robbo yesterday.

Why oh why coulnd't he produce that sort of form here? not even asking for the whole, just a few frames. Had he done that Ronnie would have won something like 9-5.

Ah well... he plays on Tuesday next, no time to think about defeats.

Don't wanna make a big deal out if but it might have something to do with playing Trump. I start to believe ROS would even rather play Selby than Trump.

Three finals in a row playing rubbish against Trump. And it's not like Trump is playing excellent and scaring everybody out there. He isn't. He's twitchy but Ronnie still not feeling comfortable.

Strange.

Postby pasunegirafe

kolompar wrote:
pasunegirafe wrote:Also, why is Tiriac there? Weird. He's boss of the Madrid Masters (tennis).

Didn't know who he is but he looks funny. Turns out he was an Olympian ice hockey player, tennis Grand Slam winner, and now a billionaire businessman who sponsored the tournament.

Oh, he sponsored it? Well, that explains his presence. Yeah, he's a weird guy. Let's hope he doesn't suggest any weird things for the tournament. He's the reason Madrid had blue instead of the usual red clay in 2013. Decision was very controversial and many players didn't like it. The blue clay did look amazing though, but they got rid of it because the surface was too slippery and there were too many complaints from the players.
He also wanted the Madrid Masters to become the fifth slam. I mean, no, just no.

Postby TheRocket

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ronnie could meet Trump again next week in the final.

I'd rather want him to lose to Robertson in the last 16 than playing Trump in a final again to be honest. The way he's played against Trump in the last three finals is almost pathetic for Ronnies standards I have to say.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:

I'd rather want him to lose to Robertson in the last 16 than playing Trump in a final again to be honest. The way he's played against Trump in the last three finals is almost pathetic for Ronnies standards I have to say.

However playing Trump as much as possible will only help Ronnie deal better with the situation.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Snooker Overdrive wrote:MDG, how are you doing?

arrived home now. didnt follow the decider on live score. learnt from result a few minutes ago. what can i say? when even andre is so depressed and snake hissed off i cant be depressed more.

but i didnt see the final. only the first 3 frames. it hurts cause he played well yesterday. i dont know if he will be up for it on tuesday after such a defeat.
Last edited by masterdoctorgenius on 09 Oct 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby TheRocket

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

However playing Trump as much as possible will only help Ronnie deal better with the situation.

Maybe a semifinal or quarterfinal (shorter distance) could suit him but atm there's clearly some kind of mental block when he's playing Trump. And as I said. Trump himself (which he just admitted again in the trophy presentation interview) doesn't feel comfortable when playing Ronnie but he gets on with it while Ronnie now is the more twitchier man.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

masterdoctorgenius wrote:every decider loss i hard to take but especially in a final and when you have a lead of 8-6 and according to some ronnie didnt have the run of the balls and trump had.

can they meet in the final next sunday? if so then i wish it to happen

It's possible. I wouldn't bet on it though.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

Maybe a semifinal or quarterfinal (shorter distance) could suit him but atm there's clearly some kind of mental block when he's playing Trump. And as I said. Trump himself (which he just admitted again in the trophy presentation interview) doesn't feel comfortable when playing Ronnie but he gets on with it while Ronnie now is the more twitchier man.

I think that's because Ronnie sees in Trump his successor. Like Hendry - Ronnie back in the days.

Ding's style for example isn't so threating to him as Trump's attack mode.

Postby TheRocket

With the amount of tournaments I expect a Ronnie-Trump final at some stage this season. Might even be in the UK,Masters or World.

And hopefully this time Ronnie will have the balls. Balls, which he has shown against the likes of peak Hendry and Higgins numerous times.

Postby TheRocket

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
I think that's because Ronnie sees in Trump his successor. Like Hendry - Ronnie back in the days.

Ding's style for example isn't so threating to him as Trump's attack mode.

Don't know whether you can call Trump his successor. He neither has the titles, nor the aura around the table. When I watch Trump I still see a player who struggles for positional play. Yes, he's fast and attacking but there's just more than that.

But ROS obviously could feel that way so yeah, you have a point.