Post a reply

Re: European Masters Semi Finals !!!

Postby TheRocket

Robbo whitewashed Selby 10 months ago in the UK semi but it didn't feel like a whitewash. This one does. I'm sure, Robbo will have this humiliation in his mind for quite some time. It could affect him the next time he play Ronnie and surely there'll be many ROS-Robbo matches in the future.

Postby Cheshire Cat

I was back and forth between the football and this, but once I saw the mood ROS was in, it had to be this.

What a performance. Absolutely ruthless.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Selby also won 6-0 at the UK Champs against Robbo didn't he?

Didn't Robbo win 6-0?

Yeah, my bad.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:Robbo whitewashed Selby 10 months ago in the UK semi but it didn't feel like a whitewash. This one does. I'm sure, Robbo will have this humiliation in his mind for quite some time. It could affect him the next time he play Ronnie and surely there'll be many ROS-Robbo matches in the future.

I think that his collapse at the Welsh Open final also had an effect.

Postby Andre147

Cheshire Cat wrote:I was back and forth between the football and this, but once I saw the mood ROS was in, it had to be this.

What a performance. Absolutely ruthless.

3rd frame was key. Had Robbo won it, this match could have been so much diferent.

Ronnie was just on another level tonight. JUst outstanding :D

I'm sure even hendry_fan will recognise how well Ronnie played. Ruthless. :hatoff:

Postby TheRocket

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Robbo whitewashed Selby 10 months ago in the UK semi but it didn't feel like a whitewash. This one does. I'm sure, Robbo will have this humiliation in his mind for quite some time. It could affect him the next time he play Ronnie and surely there'll be many ROS-Robbo matches in the future.

He probably won't admit but I thoroughly believe he's scared of Ronnie. He also collapsed in the WC 2012 against him and Ronnie wasn't even playing great when he won six frames in a row from 3:5 to 9:5.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

He probably won't admit but I thoroughly believe he's scared of Ronnie. He also collapsed in the WC 2012 against him and Ronnie wasn't even playing great when he won six frames in a row from 3:5 to 9:5.

I also believe that. Because he knows - even after all these years - he can't touch Ronnie at his best.

Postby eraserhead

Dan-cat wrote:When Ronnie plays his A Game, he's the best player in the world still by quite some margin.

It's amazing how much he's improved match by match. Hope the eleven 30 series hasn't taken away some of Ronnie's edge over Trump.

Postby TheRocket

An almost 41 year old man who has started his professional career in 1992 is still the best player in the World.

And we're not living in the 70's or 80's. It's the modern era with the depth (even Hendry agrees with that) being as good as ever.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:An almost 41 year old man who has started his professional career in 1992 is still the best player in the World.

And we're not living in the 70's or 80's. It's the modern era with the depth (even Hendry agrees with that) being as good as ever.

For me that's the most impressive thing about Ronnie nowadays.

Like SO said, it's like it never changed from 10 years ago. If anything, he's a better playeer now than he was back then.

Postby Andre147

eraserhead wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:When Ronnie plays his A Game, he's the best player in the world still by quite some margin.

It's amazing how much he's improved match by match. Hope the eleven 30 series hasn't taken away some of Ronnie's edge over Trump.

I was thinking the same thing.

This is like 2014 all over again with the CoC and UK.

If you're interested in patters though, last time they played a Final was the World Grand Prix. Ronnie won 6-0 against Bingo, but lost in the Final v Judd.

Not that any of that will matter tomorrow.

Postby eraserhead

Andre147 wrote:If you're interested in patters though, last time they played a Final was the World Grand Prix. Ronnie won 6-0 against Bingo, but lost in the Final v Judd.

I remember that tournament well just being baffled at how Ronnie seemed to fall into the final not playing very well and still almost beat Judd.

Postby eraserhead

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Just a quick reminder. What happened in the eleven 30 series between Trump and Ronnie?

I was at the last one at guild hall they both won 3 games each but Ronnie made more centuries so he won overall.

They might be doing a decider somewhere.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:An almost 41 year old man who has started his professional career in 1992 is still the best player in the World.

Like SO said, it's like it never changed from 10 years ago. If anything, he's a better playeer now than he was back then.

Would be a disgrace imo if he ends up not winning any more WC's. Even the people who can't stand him have to admit he's the best player in the World. And since some time now. Extremely underachieved with his 5 World titles. On the other hand someone like Robertson is playing his best Snooker since 2013 or so and he still hasn't won his second World title. And Judd not even his first.

Unfortunately it's just about producing good stuff in those two weeks. And two players did it better than him the last three years. Hopefully it'll change next year.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Andre147 wrote:
eraserhead wrote:

I was thinking the same thing.

This is like 2014 all over again with the CoC and UK.

If you're interested in patters though, last time they played a Final was the World Grand Prix. Ronnie won 6-0 against Bingo, but lost in the Final v Judd.

ronnie played bad all tournament and still reached the final and led 7-4 if i remember correctyl and then lost 6 on the bounce (there was one tactical frame where many reds blocked the black in the right corner?!?!)

this tournament ronnie is playing really well. he will be up for it. the atmosphere seems to be amazing in romania

TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Would be a disgrace imo if he ends up not winning any more WC's. Even the people who can't stand him have to admit he's the best player in the World. And since some time now. Extremely underachieved with his 5 World titles. On the other hand someone like Robertson is playing his best Snooker since 2013 or so and he still hasn't won his second World title. And Judd not even his first.

Unfortunately it's just about producing good stuff in those two weeks. And two players did it better than him the last three years. Hopefully it'll change next year.

yep. ronnie was playing well in this WC but peak hawkins decided to turn up for one match after doing nothing all season.

but why not play the china championship. a tournament with only the top players there. maximum 4 matches to play and test. but maybe he has other commitments or he wants a break before the CoC (which is quite like the China championship but offers less money) and UK champ.