Post a reply

Re: European Masters Semi Finals !!!

Postby Cheshire Cat

That's a terrible shot by Judd Trump. It really is.

Anything but snookering yourself on the blue.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Congratulations to Trump. Overall, was far and away the better player.

Mark just wasn't there today, every department of his game was poor.

Postby TheRocket

Judd is a stronger tactical player than I thought. Made a few errors in this match but overall he was clearly the better player. And outscored Selby by some distance.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Judd is a stronger tactical player than I thought. Made a few errors in this match but overall he was clearly the better player. And outscored Selby by some distance.

He has improved in that department yes, but as Pedro said his shot selection is strange sometimes. He often runs out of position, and if his long game isn't there his whole game is exposed massively.

Today none of that happened, but Selby was awful at times aswell.

Trump looking as dangerous as he was when he reached the CoC and UK Finals back in 2014. Hope the outcome of this tournament will be the same. <ok>

Postby hendry_fan

Yep,i just had a feelin that Trump would beat Mark today.

he played pretty good,pretty solid,made a few mistakes/errors especially towards the end,but all in he served up a very good fry up. :clap:

Selbs went down a gear,maybe even 2,his all round play in general was off song today and his <normal> crackin safety play that he very often serves up was as soggy as it can get by his standards,shootin a high break of only 37 aint gonna make an impact neither.

Judd rattled in six 50+ breaks. <ok>

Postby Dan-cat

hendry_fan wrote:By the way,you did,nt mention even 1 word about your match the other day,i take it you lost?,hence the silence about it. <laugh>

I played twice this week... the first was a practice knockabout on Thursday, I was very hungover having danced the night away till 3am (friend's birthday, we started at 3pm - ouch!) and yes I lost 2-1. If one of us is hungover, or we haven't played for a bit, we don't count the session towards our long running tournaments. Good job. I was going for everything, kamikaze snooker at times. Slotted some good balls in but couldn't really string a break together.

Went back on Friday to continue our tournament, which was delicately poised at 6-5 to me (first to 9). Having had a good night's sleep, my game was back, and I tightened up - and played pretty ace. I was 25 points ahead going into the colours in the first frame, he pegged me back a bit but then I potted blue and a lovely cut-back double on the pink - 7 - 5.

Second frame, I started to really motor, my game clicked, and my friend Steve went quiet. The pressure of knowing that if I took this frame it would make me 8 - 5, one way from victory was clearly apparent and he got more and more frustrated. This is when you really need to learn to box that inner chimp, clear your mind, and just focus on the shot in front of you. I was 31 ahead on the last red, so 35 on, and he left me a long red to the yellow pocket. I took it, took the brown, missed the yellow and he conceded. 8 - 5 to me. To be resumed on Monday.

In the series, since we started playing mini-tournaments over several sessions, I 'm leading 4 - 2. So I'm one frame away from making it 5 - 2... I notice that as it gets towards the business end, I'm more focussed, and my safety is better. Same as when I play for money.

C'mon Ronnie! :P
Last edited by Dan-cat on 08 Oct 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby hendry_fan

Thanx for the summary Dan.

Keep your focus,no matter what your opponent does and don,t change your shot selection,don,t take on a pot just to please your opponent,even if he is your freind and don,t be intimidated by his face pullin,sighing,mumblin to himself,eyes rolling and whatever other antics he might,or does try on you :-D

What do you mean,..."C'mon Ronnie! :P"

COMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMME ON ROBBO! :P,more like. <laugh>

Postby hendry_fan

So,what will we witness tnight.

Which Ronnie will turn up tnight,..........

,............Will it be Ronnie 0`Blobivan or will it be Ronnie O`Pottivan!.

Which Neil will turn up tnight,...............

Will it be Neil Blobertson or will it be Neil pottertson!.

:-D

COMMMMMMMMMMMMMMME ON NEIL!,..............

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaase don,t serve up chips n egg,serve up a delicious 6 course menu. :happy:

Postby Andre147

2 back to back tons, considering his last match.

And he hadn't got any in 50 frames this season, lol.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:2 back to back tons, considering his last match.

And he hadn't got any in 50 frames this season, lol.

It's great that we have all these new European ranking events. Ronnie hasn't even touched a ball in a tournament at this point last year.