Post a reply

Re: Shanghai Masters Final !!!!

Postby SnookerFan

pasunegirafe wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I've changed my prediction. Ding might win.

So, now you're soft for Selby? :sad:

Yeah, I went for a twiddle.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Joe Johnson can't see where the next red is coming from.

Joe was right. Ding played safe.

Ding back in.

Postby eraserhead

Super stuff from Ding! :happy:

Been fortunate to watch both semis and the first session this morning just not able to post. Great to see them both attacking, really entertaining match.

Postby Dan-cat

Ding repairs his boiler. Honestly don't know what I was trying to day there, that was autocorrect

Get in Ding!!! What a match this is. And what an idiot I am for sceduling a flight at midday today, meaning I'll miss the climax. Turnip brain

Postby eraserhead

Will be an interesting first frame to see how both players respond to the score, the all out attack might stop.

Postby eraserhead

Dan-cat wrote:Selby is gonna go on shutdown mode just like he did in the WC

More than likely, I expect some scrappy frames to start the evening session.

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:Ding repairs his boiler. Honestly don't know what I was trying to day there, that was autocorrect

Get in Ding!!! What a match this is. And what an idiot I am for sceduling a flight at midday today, meaning I'll miss the climax. Turnip brain

"Get in Ding!!!"

Bit premature there Dan!,or have you forgotten overnight,that it,s Selby he,s playin against!. :chin: ;-)

Maybe your brain is turning into a turnip. :-D

I read that Selbs was 3-1 up,but then lost 5 on the spin.

Things are lookin good as to Ding addin to his silverware today,but as we all know,.....

,.....nevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvver rule Selby out,in sayin that,surely,bur suuuurely he cannot do it yet agggggaaaaaaiiiiiin,surely he can,t come back from bein 6-3 down.

The thing is with playin against Mark,everyone knows fuuuullllllll well what he,s capable of,cause he,s pulled off many,mannnnnnyyyyyyyyyyyyy comebacks and never gives up,so many players have got that into there heads,of course it,s easier said than done,but when players go in front against Mark,they really have to keep there foot on the pedal and limit the errors in the safety dept + cut out best they can in missing pots,especially if it,s easy,gettable pots.

Cause as soon as Mark starts to peg 1 frame back,that 1 frame leads to another,then another and bfore they know it,he,s right back at them,waitin to pounce on any mistakes they make,by that time,they,ve fuuullly got it in there heads that he could actually pull the comeback off,they then start to make unforced errors,blob,choke,whatever.

Marks fuuuuuuulllly earned that strength,that aura he has,because he,s done it time n time again,when he starts coming back,many get so scared of him,they crumble.

The same can be said especially with the likes of Davis,Hendry,Higgins,Williams and Ronnie,these lads fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuullllllllllllllllllly earned what they,ve achieved and fuuuuuulllllllly earned that aura in which helped them win many matches,which they really would,nt have without it.

Many players wet themselves as soon as they knew they had to play them.

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:Selby is gonna go on shutdown mode just like he did in the WC

Yep,i also expect him to go down a gear/two on the attacking mode,if he were to have been in front,he might have continued to stay in a very attacking mood,but as he,s 3 frames behind,he,ll most likely start to play the more % play and change his tactics.

There,s absolutely nothing wrong with that whatsoever,it,s called snooker and it,s not just about potting,playing attacking stuff,snooker has a very tactical/defensive side to it,just like most,if not all other sports/games have.Some,especially newies to this game,or people who have,nt been watchin snooker long enough just don,t get that,many think it,s just about pottin,going for everything and knockin in centurys,BIG breaks.

It,s ironic that even Hendry did,nt get that,ok,i,ll take that one back,he did get it,but the stubborn basket did,nt want to/could,nt be bovered to play safe,get into safety battles.

His "safetys overrated" and "This is how snooker should be played" comments that he made a few years ago,says it all. <doh> TOTALLY LAUGHABLE!.

It just shows you,that even the greats can spout out drivel. ;-) <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Muppet147 wrote:Another dull final involving Selby.

It's not been dull, it's been quite attacking.

What match have you been watching?

Postby SnookerFan

masterdoctorgenius wrote:wtf ding. what are you doing? falling into the trap as ronnie and the others do

The losing frames to a good player trap?