Post a reply

Re: Shanghai Masters Last 16 !!!!

Postby LC

This muppet can't believe he's going to beat ros twice in a row, I certainly can't, he's played absolutely toilet here

Postby TheRocket

masterdoctorgenius wrote:so therocket. what happened?

Well, Ronnie potted a long ball, made a 50+ break and then missed the easiest black you can ever imagine. Good chance for Holt to win the match now.

Postby Andre147

Looks like Holt will clear up here :irk:

Shame, but Ronnie deserves it after the easiest black missed <doh>

Postby TheRocket

Annoying to lose against this mug twice in a row but ROS himself just plays so often like a mug in China. China and ROS just doesn't work.

Postby Andre147

Holt wins :td:

After 2-1 ahead Ronnie was playing well, I thought he would win it playing well but no... <doh>

Michael White meanwhile wins his match 5-3 after being 3-0 down!!!

A potencial great Quarter-Final line-up isn't that great now :zzz:

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Annoying to lose against this mug twice in a row but ROS himself just plays so often like a mug in China. China and ROS just doesn't work.

Yeah... ANyway, hopefully he'll play well soon again, and we'll see him many more times in the future given he's entered many events until the UK Champs.

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:accept and move on

hope maggie wins it now.

Mags or Ding winning it would be fine with me, and both can meet in the Semis.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Annoying to lose against this mug twice in a row but ROS himself just plays so often like a mug in China. China and ROS just doesn't work.

Yeah... ANyway, hopefully he'll play well soon again, and we'll see him many more times in the future given he's entered many events until the UK Champs.

I fully expect ROS to win at least one of the Triple Crown events and another 1-2 rankers this season. Ronnie losing and playing rubbish in China is as irrelevant for the next few months as all his Premier League wins were in the past. It's just irrelevant and daily business or routine if you like.

Postby hendry_fan

YESSSSSSS,YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS,YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!

HOLTY DOES IT AGAIN!.

I have to say,that is the worst i,ve seen Ronnie play for a good lonnnnng while,his pottin,positional play,safety,play in general was poooooor.

Holts performance was,nt anythin to shout about neither,he also made numerous errors,but obviously made more of the plenty chances he had.

He shot a nice century and that clearence he made in the final frame though,held himself well together.What a black it was that Ronnie missed though,to give Holty a chance to clear up in the first place,it was nuts tbh,a straight forward black,but Ronnie blobs it,Ron blobbed a good few this afternoon.

Well,today i think we can saftely say that it was a Ronnie O'Blobivan performance today. ;-) :-D

I have,nt been feelin good lately tbh,but HOLTY,you,ve cheered me up.

:clap: :happy: COME ON HOLTY!,GET IN THERE!!!!. :happy: :clap:

The :sun: is even shining,what a treat!,Ronnie gets kicked out + the suns out,what a beautiful day it,s turned out to be today!. :-D :mosh2:
Last edited by hendry_fan on 22 Sep 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby thecueview

Not sure if that will put him in the top 10 and therefore automatic qualification for the £650,000 China Championship in November.

However, I believe the two nominations that the CBSA have for the event don't have to be Chinese, so I'm sure Ronnie will be one.

In some ways, I feel Ronnie entered this event so they could 'validify' his invitation into it if need be.

Anyways.....here's my Last 16 Review....

http://www.thecueview.com/2016-shanghai ... eview.html

Postby Andre147

Ronnie Blobivan rofl nice one hendry_fan... he was certainly was all over the place today, especially after 2-1 in front. That black was rubbish, a bit like the many blacks off its spot Robbo missed against Day.

And I do agree with TR, this loss is irrelevant for Ronnie in terms of the season. If anything, it will spur him on to try harder and play much better. <ok>

Postby eraserhead

Ding or Mags for me as well shame they're in the same half. Maggie making a 147 and white washing Smurph, feels like it could be his week. Good win for White as well didn't think he had it in him.

I'll try and see Ronnie when he plays at the guild hall next week, probably best that he had a couple of tough matches that he should have won early in the season so he knows what he has to do for the rest of it.

Postby hendry_fan

Andre147 wrote:Ronnie Blobivan rofl nice one hendry_fan... he was certainly was all over the place today, especially after 2-1 in front. That black was rubbish, a bit like the many blacks off its spot Robbo missed against Day.

And I do agree with TR, this loss is irrelevant for Ronnie in terms of the season. If anything, it will spur him on to try harder and play much better. <ok>

Glad you,Cloud strife and hopefully many others like my "Ronnie O'Blobivan",it,s almost as good as Clouds "Neil Blobertson". ;-) <laugh>

Both did blob jobs in this tourney,although at least Ron got past the first round. :-D

Also Good to see sourgrapeless comments after Ronnies defeat <ok> ,i did actually expect some sour grapes to come tbh,mind you,those who saw the match could hardly disagree that Ron was poooor today.

Well done to M White in beatin Trump.

I just saw that Carter send Higgins packin,not too bovered bout that,Ronnie also got sent packin,so that certainly made up for it,it was enough to make my day. :-D

Postby Sickpotter

TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

I fully expect ROS to win at least one of the Triple Crown events and another 1-2 rankers this season. Ronnie losing and playing rubbish in China is as irrelevant for the next few months as all his Premier League wins were in the past. It's just irrelevant and daily business or routine if you like.

3 ranking events including a TC event in one season as his career is on the downswing?

Love your optimism but setting expectations on his season isn't the best of ideas given he's at the tail end of his career.

Postby TheRocket

Sickpotter wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

3 ranking events including a TC event in one season as his career is on the downswing?

Love your optimism but setting expectations on his season isn't the best of ideas given he's at the tail end of his career.

Why not? Since 11/12 O'Sullivan's won at least one TC event every season which is quite remarkable. That's what you call consistency. He's obviously getting older which makes it harder and the time will obviously come when decline will stop him from winning any more TC's. But atm it'd be silly to think, he doesn't have any more TC's in him. At least it's too early to say.

And when it comes to the other events. We have like 20 bucking ranking events (I think this is a joke decision but however). Winning 1 or 2 of them is surely possible for ROS as long as he doesn't skip them obviously.