Post a reply

Re: Shanghai Masters Wild Card and Last 32 !!!

Postby PLtheRef

Interesting results to open up, the young lad beating Gould isn't that much of a surprise considering he's done it before - perhaps beating him by a 5-0 margin is though. Still even though its a local - you'd expect Selby to comfortably see him off tomorrow.

Do people reckon there's more pressure on the seeds here considering they face a no ranking payday should they lose their first round matches.

Postby Wildey

PLtheRef wrote:Interesting results to open up, the young lad beating Gould isn't that much of a surprise considering he's done it before - perhaps beating him by a 5-0 margin is though. Still even though its a local - you'd expect Selby to comfortably see him off tomorrow.

Do people reckon there's more pressure on the seeds here considering they face a no ranking payday should they lose their first round matches.

lower seeds yes but the likes of Selby and Ronnie they wont give it any thoughts TBH its about being professional and get the job done.

Postby hendry_fan

Just saw the easy black that Donaldson missed in the decider against Ding. :-(

Ah well,at least John n Ants got there jobs done today. :happy:

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
PLtheRef wrote:Interesting results to open up, the young lad beating Gould isn't that much of a surprise considering he's done it before - perhaps beating him by a 5-0 margin is though. Still even though its a local - you'd expect Selby to comfortably see him off tomorrow.

lower seeds yes but the likes of Selby and Ronnie they wont give it any thoughts TBH its about being professional and get the job done.

I agree. Ronnie though isn't like Selby. Selby doesn't matter how he wins, of course he prefers to win playing well, but if he doesn't he won't get bothered by it. Ronnie on the other hand doesn't have that mindset and often loses matches when he cares more about playing well than just winning.

I guess that's what makes Ronnie, Ronnie!

can't wait to see him in action tomorrow, should be a good match and a good test for him.

Postby Andre147

Just read on WS website that this is actually the second time Gould suffers a 5 nil loss at the hands of teenager Yuan Sijun! The first was at this year's China Open.

Gould could do better next time they meet and actually win a frame :john:

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:Just read on WS website that this is actually the second time Gould suffers a 5 nil loss at the hands of teenager Yuan Sijun! The first was at this year's China Open.

Gould could do better next time they meet and actually win a frame :john:

Yeah, they were saying that on commentary yesterday.

Postby SnookerFan

Friends from Snooker Island, I am getting the snooker taped tonight. I have both matches on record, so I can have match choice. But will probably watch Ronnie vs Liang. I hope everybody is enjoying the snooker, and I will give my opinions on it later tonight. Good day to you, friends.

:wave:

Postby Wildey

Kyren Wilson is experiencing the difficulty of defending a title for the first time and Holt is a tough match player and reached the final in Riga this season.

Postby hendry_fan

Due to someone writing this on snooker.org yesterday,i thought i,d give that decider a peek,the user wrote,....

,....."The last frame between Michael White and Rick Walden was very strange. Something wrong happened".

I did,nt watch the whole of the frame,as i have,nt had enough time,but i did watch the latter part of it,watch it from the 32.48 mark,there certainly was something wrong,i,d put it down to nerves though,both made meals.

https://youtu.be/XuMjqNkwinE

Michael revealed after he lost 10–7 to Sam Baird in the first round of this years World Championship that he suffers from depression and said that the stress of playing professional snooker can exacerbate it.

Just as well he won this match then,otherwise he,d of plunged into even more depression,especially as Walden needed 3 snookers to pinch it,in which he had very good chances to do so.

Well done Michael. <ok>

Meanwhile,McGills pants are full of ants atm,he trails Mark Allen 4-0. :dizzy:

Postby Cheshire Cat

If Liang wants to win I feel he needs to either hold his nerve, or have Ronnie to help him by playing poorly; perhaps both.

It's a theme with Liang, pulling out a cracker of a shot to get in and then throwing in a twitchy one. He has a terrible habit of full-on body movement on certain shots that he still hasn't addressed.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Wow, Michael Holt. Kyren just didn't get going today, but Holt sees it out in style with a ton.

I think the guns might have been getting jumped a little at the idea of ROS v Kyren. Holt was always going to be a tricky opponent for anyone, especially with the form he's been in since working with Griffiths.