Post a reply

Re: Paul Hunter Classic !!!!!

Postby PoolBoy

Sickpotter wrote:What kind of move did Jimmy make in the rankings?

He went from 103 up to 91.
But, he'll probably drop a few places after his first round exit today. Hard to see how he's going to remain on tour after this season, to be honest...

Postby Wildey

PoolBoy wrote:

But, he'll probably drop a few places after his first round exit today. Hard to see how he's going to remain on tour after this season, to be honest...

havent you heard of the infamous Jimmycard ?

Postby PoolBoy

Wildey wrote:
PoolBoy wrote:

havent you heard of the infamous Jimmycard ?

<laugh>
Good point!
Utter farce! Those things should be scrapped!

Postby Dan-cat

I'm so happy for Teppy and his 147.

I was watching live when he missed that black last year in York, and I felt so sad for him. That final long red, surely one of the best shots ever seen in a 147, and then he missed the simple black. He was so visibly crest fallen I could feel the shock waves of his pain 300 miles away in London. The £44,000 he would have won would have made a huge difference to his year.

And now he finally makes one and pockets £40k. I just watched it on Youtube: the skills he displays are staggering. Surely one of the most fluent and fluid players around. The first few shots are brilliant, and then that positional master stroke to get from the final red around the baulk colours to the black is genius. I don't mind admitting I cried a few tears of happiness for that lad when he potted the final black with absolutely no hesitation. Just got down and stuck it in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLJz1bgKClo. I read that he'd made one in a pro-am a few months ago - that must have helped to put that shocker in the UK to bed.

Nice one Jimmy. Knowing him, he was probably so buzzing from reaching a quarter-final he would have gone out on the lash big-style and then had a couple of hours sleep and traveled to Barnsley. Who can blame him? I'll watch the rest of his season with interest. Getting fit improves brain function and concentration, it's a simple as that. He still has all the shots, and some that others don't have https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxAX4qLQL3g

Business as usual for the World Number 1! I couldn't watch this tournament, at the last minute I decided to go to a solar-powered music festival in Kent called Small World. I'm glad I did, it was magical.