Post a reply

Re: Hanteng Autos World Open Final !!!

Postby Wildey

that was Carter's first half century since he was leading Higgins 3-0

Postby Vallomas

Good response from Carter, maybe a sign that we'll see a better match now? Both breaks in the last two frames started from very poor safety shots from each other, though.

Postby PoolBoy

SnookerFan wrote:They've been banging on about Joe Perry's PTC win all week, referring to it as a major.

Just looking to see where a Perry win would 'lift' him to in the rankings. It would take him to 8th which (perhaps surprisingly) would be a new career high for him. I could have sworn he'd been up at around 6th before, but I'm wrong - his official highest ranking is 9th.
So either Ali Carter will break back into the Top 16 or Joe Perry will reach a new high. :cracker:

Postby SnookerFan

PoolBoy wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:They've been banging on about Joe Perry's PTC win all week, referring to it as a major.

Just looking to see where a Perry win would 'lift' him to in the rankings. It would take him to 8th which (perhaps surprisingly) would be a new career high for him. I could have sworn he'd been up at around 6th before, but I'm wrong - his official highest ranking is 9th.
So either Ali Carter will break back into the Top 16 or Joe Perry will reach a new high. :cracker:

Not sure who I want to win. Perry, I think.

Postby Vallomas

PoolBoy wrote:

Yes, Joe was 5th at the provisional rankings after winning in Bangkok, but he failed to do something special next (1st round exit in China Open and 2nd round in the Worlds), while Bingham won the Worlds, Murphy reached the final and Hawkins progressed to the semis and he was left in 9th place.

Not only he will reach a new career high if he wins today, but he will be safe in the top 16 until the Worlds, as he will lose the 100,000 pounds/points of his PTC Finals win in March.

Carter, on the other hand, is expected to reach the top 16 before the Masters even if he loses today, as he hasn't any money to defend from 2014/15 season, when he was out due to cancer treatment he was receiving back then.

Postby SnookerFan

I was just looking into the garden thinking "Looks nice outside. Might have a beer when the match goes on break."

I realised it's only quarter past ten. Seems later.

Postby SnookerFan

Vallomas wrote:Just turned to commentary option on ES Player, is it Mark Allen commentating?

He's not been commentating on the main channel. I assume the commentary is the same on both?

Postby PoolBoy

4 in a row for the Captain - momentum with Ali.
At the risk of sounding like Dennis Taylor, Perry could do with 'winning' the next mini-session 3-1, when they return!

Postby Cheshire Cat

Wouldn't say 6-3 is danger just yet, neither of these two are brilliant front runners.

Think it'll depend on who wins the first frame of the 2nd session. If Perry gets it he's still well in there, but going 4 down is a big deficit. Ali has proven time and time again (2012 Worlds comes to mind) that he can frustrate players by slowing down the play, or tightening up his game in Ebdon-fashion. Don't think Joe can afford to be pulled into that sort of game, he's at his best when things are flowing and open.

Postby Wildey

Vallomas wrote:Just turned to commentary option on ES Player, is it Mark Allen commentating?

god no