Post a reply

Hanteng Autos World Open Semi Finals !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 25th~ Sunday 31st of July in Yushan, China

John Higgins was sensationally Knocked out 5-0 by Ali Carter in the quarter Finals and hes playing the Thepchaiya Un Nooh who dispatched the Indian Open Winner Anthony McGill also out iis defending champion Shaun Murphy at the hands of Joe Perry and Joe playing his good friend Neil Robertson next.

Who will reach the final?

DRAW

Semi Finals

Joe Perry v Neil Robertson Robertson leads 11-8
---------------------------------------
Allister Carter v Thepchaiya UnNooh Carter leads 1-0

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Hanteng Autos World Open Semi Finals !!!

Postby Wildey

Ali Carter without playing all that well defeated Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 6-1 and plays either Neil Robertson or Joe Perry in his first full ranking final since the 2013 German Masters where he beat Marco Fu 9-6 in the final

Postby Wildey

if Ali Carter wins on sunday he will be back in the top 16 and seeded for the Shanghai Masters avoiding qualifying.

Ali Carter fell out of the top 16 after the 2014 UK Championship while he was receiving treatment for lung cancer

Postby Vallomas

Carter wasn't as brilliant as he was against Higgins, but he didn't need to be, really. Un-Nooh's performance was shockingly bad and Ali played without pressure just to do his job.

I wanted Theppy in the final, but I'm glad for Ali too. He deserves to be back in the top 16 and I am sure he will do it during this season, even if he loses tomorrow.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Indeedly so. As much as I dislike the new money-rankings, Ali is easily top-16 by any ranking system.

Good friends playing each other in the second semi then. I'm sure Neil will be hoping that this season doesn't mirror of the last one, where he started out as easily the most in-form and dominant player on tour and then really let his form collapse after that Masters defeat to Judd.

Postby eraserhead

2-2 at the MSI, only been able to get glimpses of matches this whole tournament but Joe Perry was 2-0 up and has had chances in every frame so could have put Neil under some more pressure.

Postby Vallomas

Third consecutive century by the Gentleman (120)!!! Immense performance after the MSI and one frame away from the final (5-2).

Is it the first time that Joe makes three consecutive tons in a ranking match?

Postby Vallomas

He's the Gentleman, he's Joe Perry! :D

Classy finish with a 91 clearance and 6-2!

Maybe the best match of Joe's career, as he had two half-centuries in the first two frames as well.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Looks like Eurosport have the entire final after all. :D

Shocking that this isn't always the case!! And they put the player price up

At least it was on, even if some of the frames were hard work.