Post a reply

Hanteng Autos World Open Quarter Finals !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 25th~ Sunday 31st of July in Yushan, China

The Biggest surprise of the last 16 was Thepchaiya Un-Nooh defeating Alan McManus 5-0 but even that was not a shock.

All the main contenders made it through Ali Carter, John Higgins, Neil Robertson and current champion Shaun Murphy.

Who will reach the the Semi Finals?

DRAW

Quarter Finals

Shaun Murphy v Joe Perry Murphy leads 7-4
Neil Robertson v David Gilbert Robertson leads 2-0
---------------------------------------
Allister Carter v John Higgins Higgins leads 18-6
Anthony McGill v Thepchaiya UnNooh McGill leads 2-0

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Hanteng Autos World Open Quarter Finals !!!

Postby Cheshire Cat

Wowzers, Thep was bombing Angles with some big breaks at the end of their match.

Although in fairness, there was a good bit of heavy scoring in almost all of those L16 matches. Interesting lineup for the QFs.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to make a call. I'd like Gilbert to win the whole thing, think he's a very underrated player. Wouldn't complain if Ants or Thep won though.

Postby Wildey

John Higgins is nowhere near the player he used to be if someone plays well he loses BUT his back up game is so good that he can still compete and take advantage when players are found wanting.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:John Higgins is nowhere near the player he used to be if someone plays well he loses BUT his back up game is so good that he can still compete and take advantage when players are found wanting.

And still is World Ranked number 6.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:John Higgins is nowhere near the player he used to be if someone plays well he loses BUT his back up game is so good that he can still compete and take advantage when players are found wanting.

Yea but that is down to Money Ranking and winning a tournament that had £125,000 top prize.

For me rankings is about consistency not winning certain tournaments Bingham is ranked no 2 based on a tournament 16 months ago.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Yea but that is down to Money Ranking and winning a tournament that had £125,000 top prize.

For me rankings is about consistency not winning certain tournaments Bingham is ranked no 2 based on a tournament 16 months ago.

You make a good point.

Postby SnookerFan

The other day, I was round my parents and they had people round for dinner. One was banging on about her various trips abroad and asked me what did for my holidays.

I was like, "I tend to take my holidays at home.". She was like "Ahh cool. Do you get through a few box sets?'

I was like, "Erm. Nah, I tend to watch snooker."

I think she thought I was the saddest person alive.

Postby PoolBoy

Carter was on the brink of elimination yesterday, trailing 2-4 to Daniel Wells....sometimes those players become really dangerous with a 'nothing to lose' attitude.
He's now 4-0 ahead against Higgins.

Postby SnookerFan

PoolBoy wrote:Carter was on the brink of elimination yesterday, trailing 2-4 to Daniel Wells....sometimes those players become really dangerous with a 'nothing to lose' attitude.
He's now 4-0 ahead against Higgins.

Indeed. How many times have we seen a player one frame from being out win a whole tournament?