Post a reply

Hanteng Autos World Open Last 16 !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 25th~ Sunday 31st of July in Yushan, China

The last 32 was a car crash for top players as Mark Selby, Judd Trump, Ding Junhui, Stuart Bingham, Barry Hawkins and Kyren Wilson fell by the way side.

But defending Champion Shaun Murphy, John Higgins and Neil Robertson still going strong as is Indian Open Champion Anthony McGill.

Who will reach the Quarter Finals?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Hanteng Autos World Open Last 16 !!!

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:Has anybody else noticed the weird bottles of water they are drinking out of this week?

No.

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Has anybody else noticed the weird bottles of water they are drinking out of this week?

No.

:goodpost:

Short n simple,"No". :-D

MJW has had the better of Higgins in there last 3 meetings,but enough is enough and John will put an end to that tomorrow,he,ll beat MJW and show him who,s the boss,it,ll be tattie bye for Mr Williams i,m afraid.. :wave: :-D

I,m confident Ants will beat Selt and that Angles will beat Un-Nooh.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!,Looking very good for the Scots. :happy:

Postby Wildey

Last 16 Head to Head

Shaun Murphy v Kurt Maflin Maflin leads 2-1
Joe Perry v Ben Woollaston Perry leads 5-2
Neil Robertson v Ryan Day 4-4
David Gilbert v Zhang Anda Zhang Anda leads 3-1
Allister Carter v Daniel Wells Carter leads 1-0
Mark Williams v John Higgins Higgins leads 28-18
Anthony McGill v Matthew Selt McGill leads 4-0
Alan McManus v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh Un-Nooh leads 3-0

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Remember that UK final they played?

Last time they played in a Main Ranking event was the 2011 World Semi final Higgins won 17-14.

Since then its been Championship league, Premier League, Shootout, 6 reds WC and 2015 Bulgaria Open where Williams won 4-0.

Postby TheSaviour

I slightly favour Mark this time. Previous h2h - statistics doesn´t mean much anything. I slightly favour Mark because I think John these days is a bit of a stylish player. More than he used to be. Nothing much wrong with that, it is just because the marginals between these two are so tiny it will be more likely Mark that prevails. John must have been quite lucky to scrape past the Hitman Holt 5-4.

I wouldn´t bet John to lose, but he probably will. Essentially it is always the conditions which tells the story. Watching this current last 16 field you do have to think that Ronnie would do a very well here. But it is just a maybe. He might be at his best when playing for example in Ireland or in Wales, but not necessarly when playing in China. If he would his at his best it would require the current Kyren Wilson to stop him. But needless speculation as he is not here. Which is shame, really. He really should do the thinking and sthe cheduling part slightly better.

Kyren Wilson is the only player which I feel while watching him playing we can actually learn something new. He might take his time but the decisions and the executions are almost always par excellence. He is the player you don´t see missing the cue ball control.

Postby SnookerFan

Hello Snooker Island.

Are you enjoying the show? I am typing this message on computer, so I can cut and paste it onto the forum and not see any results. I am looking forward to watching the snooker tonight. You will currently know how Williams and Higgins are going. I however, do not.

I hope this morning's match is living up to it's billing. I will not know for about 12 hours.

Your friend in snooker, SnookerFan

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:Hello Snooker Island.

Are you enjoying the show? I am typing this message on computer, so I can cut and paste it onto the forum and not see any results. I am looking forward to watching the snooker tonight. You will currently know how Williams and Higgins are going. I however, do not.

I hope this morning's match is living up to it's billing. I will not know for about 12 hours.

Want me to PM you the score? :evilgrin:

Postby acesinc

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:What's Mark Allen on about on Twitter? Breaking off with the yellow?

Bucks knows. Reckons it's not a foul or something. I couldn't get my head around it, or Jan's answer, and I'm super bucking intelligent! :P

Hey, Dan-cat! I haven't posted in ages but of course, I have been lurking. Finally, a rules issue to catch my interest!

I had to figure out how to do that newfangled "Twitter" thing, but I think I understand what happened here. It sounds odd the way Mark put it, but he is correct, no foul. I can give you my personal experience of the much more common way that this circumstance plays out.

At a tournament that I was playing in and just spectating from a few feet off of the table, the first striker took cue ball in hand to take the opening breakoff. In placing White, he bumped the Brown with the back of his hand. Stood up, kind of a confused look....his opponent stepped forward toward the table, also looked kind of confused. So after leaving about a five second interval (in order to be clear in my own head that I am not somehow breaking any rules by giving advice to players) I said to the both of them, "Re-spot Brown. There is no foul." They both questioned me, of course. It is pretty easy really. The frame has not yet begun until White is touched by the tip of the cue of the first striker. If a frame has not yet begun, then obviously, a foul simply cannot be committed. Hence, Mark Allen's joke about taking the breakoff with the Yellow.....it would not in fact be a foul because the frame has not yet begun. It would simply require a reset. However, in all likelihood, if this ever did happen (breaking off with Yellow, maybe just to be funny and amuse the crowd), then the referee would almost certainly give warning to the "offending player" that repeated action will result in loss of frame due to ungentlemanly conduct. But there would NOT be a four point penalty for the action.

Mark Allen's initial question however was about an accidental touch of the cue ball with the tip while feathering. THAT is a foul then because with tip contact, the frame has begun so it is no different than any other foul where White does not contact a ball on. In fact, the referee, if there is one, should state, "Foul and a Miss". But of course, this situation also often leads to confusion because the new, incoming striker may believe that he is now entitled to Ball in Hand, which of course, he is not. He must play White where it has come to rest, even if it is outside the "D" (as would the original fouling striker, unless the Foul and a Miss option were (foolishly) indicated by the non-fouling player, in which case, THEN the fouling player would have Ball in Hand again).

It is actually just absolutely consistent with all of the rest of the Rules, which is why Jan Verhaas chose to copy and paste the relevant rule for the situation. Hope that all makes sense.

Postby TheRocket

Higgins played some good stuff. Would be nice to see if he finally played like this in one of the Triple Crown events. He hasn't done anything in the big ones since his fourth World title in 2011.

A strong Higgins is always good for Snooker and the competition.

Postby Dan-cat

TheRocket wrote:Higgins played some good stuff. Would be nice to see if he finally played like this in one of the Triple Crown events. He hasn't done anything in the big ones since his fourth World title in 2011.

A strong Higgins is always good for Snooker and the competition.

I watched a bit.

The pocket sizes have changed for good haven't they? Couple of John's shots looked liked missing and ... oh no they went in!

Postby hendry_fan

And tattie bye it is for MJW!. :wave: :-D

I saw that MJW went 2-0 in front,but as i thought,John was havin no more of it,he stopped the rotting and came roaring back and won 5 on the spin,which also included a *144*.

:happy: Brilliant stuff John!. :happy:

Ants also got his job done,with a nice 5-2 win over Selt.

I actually thought that Un-Nooh would be too much for angles,especially as Un-Nooh seems in very good form atm,i did,nt expect him to loose 5-0 though. :-)

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Hello Snooker Island.

Want me to PM you the score? :evilgrin:

You can now. I've watched it.

Postby SnookerFan

acesinc wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:What's Mark Allen on about on Twitter? Breaking off with the yellow?

Bucks knows. Reckons it's not a foul or something. I couldn't get my head around it, or Jan's answer, and I'm super bucking intelligent! :P

Hey, Dan-cat! I haven't posted in ages but of course, I have been lurking. Finally, a rules issue to catch my interest!

I had to figure out how to do that newfangled "Twitter" thing, but I think I understand what happened here. It sounds odd the way Mark put it, but he is correct, no foul. I can give you my personal experience of the much more common way that this circumstance plays out.

At a tournament that I was playing in and just spectating from a few feet off of the table, the first striker took cue ball in hand to take the opening breakoff. In placing White, he bumped the Brown with the back of his hand. Stood up, kind of a confused look....his opponent stepped forward toward the table, also looked kind of confused. So after leaving about a five second interval (in order to be clear in my own head that I am not somehow breaking any rules by giving advice to players) I said to the both of them, "Re-spot Brown. There is no foul." They both questioned me, of course. It is pretty easy really. The frame has not yet begun until White is touched by the tip of the cue of the first striker. If a frame has not yet begun, then obviously, a foul simply cannot be committed. Hence, Mark Allen's joke about taking the breakoff with the Yellow.....it would not in fact be a foul because the frame has not yet begun. It would simply require a reset. However, in all likelihood, if this ever did happen (breaking off with Yellow, maybe just to be funny and amuse the crowd), then the referee would almost certainly give warning to the "offending player" that repeated action will result in loss of frame due to ungentlemanly conduct. But there would NOT be a four point penalty for the action.

Mark Allen's initial question however was about an accidental touch of the cue ball with the tip while feathering. THAT is a foul then because with tip contact, the frame has begun so it is no different than any other foul where White does not contact a ball on. In fact, the referee, if there is one, should state, "Foul and a Miss". But of course, this situation also often leads to confusion because the new, incoming striker may believe that he is now entitled to Ball in Hand, which of course, he is not. He must play White where it has come to rest, even if it is outside the "D" (as would the original fouling striker, unless the Foul and a Miss option were (foolishly) indicated by the non-fouling player, in which case, THEN the fouling player would have Ball in Hand again).

It is actually just absolutely consistent with all of the rest of the Rules, which is why Jan Verhaas chose to copy and paste the relevant rule for the situation. Hope that all makes sense.

Good man. Thanks for that. :hatoff:

Postby motorhead

SnookerFan wrote:Matthew Selt's head looks like an egg.

rofl

A serious question tho SF: are u drinking beer for the 7am session?