Post a reply

Re: Hanteng Autos World Open Quarter Finals !!!

Postby hendry_fan

My tea tastes like dishwater and my porridge does,nt taste porridgey after seeing the scores this morning.

McGill lost and Higgins got thumped.

There must,ve been something wrong with Johns head today. :roll: :-D

Postby Cheshire Cat

Really good win for Ali.

Think John really missed a huge chance by losing to Angles in the QF at the Worlds. He still plays some brilliant stuff (and he did at the Worlds), but his B game is a shocker compared to the Higgins of old. Sometimes it's not about the how high of standard you can play, but how high of a standard you can produce when you're at you're worst and John doesn't have that killer B game anymore, which is a shame.

Postby PoolBoy

John Higgins 0-5 Ali Carter
Anthony McGill 2-5 Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
Shaun Murphy 2-5 Joe Perry
Neil Robertson 3-2 David Gilbert

Impressive result for Joe Perry, especially as he lost the first 2 frames. Got to say, the 'Gentleman' has certainly gone under-the-radar this week!

Postby PoolBoy

John Higgins 0-5 Ali Carter
Anthony McGill 2-5 Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
Shaun Murphy 2-5 Joe Perry
Neil Robertson 5-2 David Gilbert

Semis:
Ali Carter v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
Joe Perry v Neil Robertson

Remember, it's now first-to-6 in the semis...with the Final a 'real' Ranking occasion - best-of-19...!

As for Ronnie's Tweets! He seems so much more interested in anything and everything these days!
Coffee promotions, running, Legends Tour, Radio programmes, writing a novel, TV pundit, snooker exhibitions, travel documentary - anything but competitive snooker!
His life sounds almost as idyllic as Dan Cat's!

Postby motorhead

PoolBoy wrote:He seems so much more interested in anything and everything these days!
Coffee promotions, running, Legends Tour, Radio programmes, writing a novel, TV pundit, snooker exhibitions, travel documentary - anything but competitive snooker!
His life sounds almost as idyllic as Dan Cat's!

Not a reason to start insulting your colleagues tho :-)

Postby PoolBoy

I see no insults in there!
Perhaps you're thinking 'idyllic' is a word that refers to 'idle'? It doesn't - it's quite the opposite.
Dan Cat travels to music festivals and picks mushrooms - SnookerFan travels to his kitchen to get lager.
Nothing 'idle' about that!

Postby SnookerFan

PoolBoy wrote:I see no insults in there!
Perhaps you're thinking 'idyllic' is a word that refers to 'idle'? It doesn't - it's quite the opposite.
Dan Cat travels to music festivals and picks mushrooms - SnookerFan travels to his kitchen to get lager.

Oi. rofl

Postby Dan-cat

PoolBoy wrote:I see no insults in there!

I only just saw these posts. Love it!! Thanks! just had a particularly blinding weekend - three DJ sets across two festivals, fortunately they were only an hour and a half apart. Friday night was The Hidden Village near Peterborough, and the second was Wilkestock, on an idyllic farm near Stevenage. It p*ssed down on the Saturday afternoon though, and I made the classic mistake of waiting for a break in the rain before I setup my teepee. It got much worse, so ended up setting up in torrential rain. Fortunately, the festival was small (about 2000 people) so I was able to park next to where I was setting up. As it turned out it wasn't difficult. The same as if it was sunny, just wetter. Had to have a word with myself to enjoy it. It was dry by the time I got back to it at 6am. What was I worried about? Sweet FA.

My lifestyle doesn't half cut into my snooker tournament watching though. Haven't been able to get stuck into any this season so far, grrrr.... might take the week off for the CoC and watch the whole thing.

Postby PoolBoy

I want your life, Dan Cat!

There's an annual festival where I live, that you would love, Dan Cat.
It used to be called Rock Ness, as it's held on the shore's of Loch Ness, and would play for 3 days over a weekend in the late summer. Usually got in excess of 10,000 each day. This was between 2006-2013.

Unfortunately it got 'postponed' in 2014 due to a clash with the World Cup in Brazil and the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow that summer, when it was anticipated that the attendance would be hit.

And sadly, it hasn't been back - but, has been 'replaced' by a more DJ themed event called Groove Loch Ness.
It attracts smaller crowds but has (apparently) been quite successful so far.
This was some of the line-up for the most recent festival http://www.groovefestival.co.uk/line-up
(None of whom I've heard of!) But probably 'household names' to you, Dan!

Postby Dan-cat

The line up of Groove Festival does indeed include some names that we talk about in our household! Duke Dumont, top of the list... he's ace. Heard him play at the sadly now defunkt End club in London, that was run by Mr C of the Shaman (Ebeneezer Goode anyone?)

Sad day in London clubland as Fabric, one of the best clubs in the world for electronic music, has been shut down forever.

Yes, I've had some friends go to Rockness and they loved it!

I didn't know you were Scottish Poolboy :) unless I'm mistaken you don't bang on about the Scottish players as much as someone else we know on here :wave: I've been to Loch Ness, a beautiful place.

Postby PoolBoy

Dan-cat wrote:The line up of Groove Festival does indeed include some names that we talk about in our household! Duke Dumont, top of the list... he's ace. Heard him play at the sadly now defunkt End club in London, that was run by Mr C of the Shaman (Ebeneezer Goode anyone?)

Sad day in London clubland as Fabric, one of the best clubs in the world for electronic music, has been shut down forever.

Yes, I've had some friends go to Rockness and they loved it!

I didn't know you were Scottish Poolboy :) unless I'm mistaken you don't bang on about the Scottish players as much as someone else we know on here :wave: I've been to Loch Ness, a beautiful place.

Yeah, I'm from Inverness! Small town, but has 2 snooker/pool 'facilities'.