Post a reply

Re: Indian Open !!!!!!!!

Postby kolompar

Yes, Mehta talks too much but he's not bad. Nigel Bond is also commentating, Advani and some Captain were also earlier.

Postby eraserhead

Anthony McGill wins the 2016 Indian Open! :D :win: :D

It's not the biggest tournament but he beat some quality opposition along the way.

Bingham, Maguire, Murphy and Wilson!

:hatoff: Ants :hatoff:

Postby Vallomas

Glad to see McGill winning his first ranker! :D

He had a terrible season last year, except for his performance on the Worlds, but has made a perfect start on this one (Quarters in Riga, Winner in India).

I hope that this victory will give him more confidence in the rest of the season, to establish himself as a new force of the game.

Postby kolompar

Wasn't a really high standard final but good to see some younger players doing well.
I didn't really understand, but McGill dedicated the win to a sick friend.

Postby PoolBoy

He's knocking-on-the-door of the Top 16 now - up to a career high 18th in the World Rankings.
But, he's also joined some illustrious company as the 7th Scotsman to win a ranking event.
Stephen Hendry, Graeme Dott, Alan McManus, Stephen Maguire, Chris Small, John Higgins and now Anthony McGill!

Postby Cheshire Cat

As someone rightly pointed out already, regardless of being a smaller event, you can't argue with the opposition Ants overcame to reach the final and take the title. On paper, you couldn't get a much tougher draw.

Good stuff! :win:

Postby Gridlock

Congratulations Anthony! I will have a dram of Aberlour tomorrow hopefully watching on youtube! Cheers hendry_fan!

Postby hendry_fan

PoolBoy wrote:He's knocking-on-the-door of the Top 16 now - up to a career high 18th in the World Rankings.
But, he's also joined some illustrious company as the 7th Scotsman to win a ranking event.
Stephen Hendry, Graeme Dott, Alan McManus, Stephen Maguire, Chris Small, John Higgins and now Anthony McGill!

I did,nt know that,intrestin to note that he,s <only> the 7th Scot to win a ranking tourney.

Keep em comin!. :clap:

Postby hendry_fan

Gridlock wrote:Congratulations Anthony! I will have a dram of Aberlour tomorrow hopefully watching on youtube! Cheers hendry_fan!

I did,nt have time to watch any of this tourney,i,ll watch the final on you tube next week though.

Congrats to Ants,bout time a Scot won a tourney again.

:win: :happy: :clap: Ants McGill!. :clap: :happy: :win:

:wine: Gridlock. :-D

I,m watchin Tennis right now and of course hopin that another Scot wins another tourney,the BIGGEST,most important one on the planet.

COME ON ANDY!. :tennis: <ok>

Postby PoolBoy

Yeah, I was reminded when I looked that up about Chris Small! A promising career ended by a rare spinal complaint.
I remember he always looked quite awkward when in his stance, but he was also quite tall.
Only 42 years old now, I reckon he'd still be on the Tour if he hadn't had to retire.

Stephen Hendry 36
John Higgins 28
Stephen Maguire 5
Graeme Dott 2
Alan McManus 2
Chris Small 1
Anthony McGill 1

Postby hendry_fan

PoolBoy wrote:Yeah, I was reminded when I looked that up about Chris Small! A promising career ended by a rare spinal complaint.
I remember he always looked quite awkward when in his stance, but he was also quite tall.
Only 42 years old now, I reckon he'd still be on the Tour if he hadn't had to retire.

Stephen Hendry 36
John Higgins 28
Stephen Maguire 5
Graeme Dott 2
Alan McManus 2
Chris Small 1
Anthony McGill 1

Aye,BIG pity he had to stop.

HE DOES IT!,..........

:win: ANDY MURRAY from Great Britain,oooops,i meant from SCOTLAND wins Wimbledon for the 2nd time. :-D

:win: :clap: WELL DONE ANDY!. :clap: :win:

"COMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN"!.

:tennis: :mental:

:happy: Scotland chalkin up some silverware!. :happy:

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:Bring on the World Open. :hatoff:

Hopefully, it is televised properly. :grrr:

Missed all this. Been in Latvia, picking mushrooms in the countryside.

Go on Ants McPants!!!

Bring on the Open!

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Bring on the World Open. :hatoff:

Hopefully, it is televised properly. :grrr:

Missed all this. Been in Latvia, picking mushrooms in the countryside.

Go on Ants McPants!!!

Bring on the Open!

Oh yeah? :chin: