Post a reply

Re: Indian Open !!!!!!!!

Postby PoolBoy

Kyren Wilson managed a good win this morning, coming from 1-3 down to edge-out Xiao Guodong, 4-3.
And Ollie Lines has reached a last-16 for the first time, after beating Andrew Higginson. Lines jnr. now faces Shaun Murphy.

Postby SnookerFan

Any good craic coming from Hyderabad?

I feel a bit removed from this tournament, considering it's not properly televised.

Postby eraserhead

PoolBoy wrote:Kyren Wilson managed a good win this morning, coming from 1-3 down to edge-out Xiao Guodong, 4-3.
And Ollie Lines has reached a last-16 for the first time, after beating Andrew Higginson. Lines jnr. now faces Shaun Murphy.

Kyren did the same against Martin O'Donnell.

Getting to see a bit of Maguire match now.

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

World Snooker ‏@WorldSnooker1
WIN | The Force @pdebdon storms into the Last 16 in #Hyderabad with a 4-1 triumph over Duane Jones #IndianOpen

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

Matt ‏@ProSnookerBlog
Drama! Maguire pots the blue into the yellow pocket and goes in-off into the green pocket. 55-42, blue back on the table...

Postby kolompar

Advani's lost, he had lots of chances. Mark Williams also lost, to amateur David Lilley <laugh> He has an excuse though, got Delhi belly.

Postby hendry_fan

GET IN THERE STEPHEN!.

Maguire showin some fire,beats Advani in the decider. :happy:

Jeeeez!,the Welsh are droppin like flies,J Jones,D Jones and MJW get sent packing,just like the Welsh football team did yesterday. ;-) :-D

A welsh Old fogey Matt Stevens is 2-0 up against the former world champ Bingo though. :-)

Postby eraserhead

Nice to see Ants McGill in the last 16 as well.

Postby hendry_fan

eraserhead wrote:Nice to see Ants McGill in the last 16 as well.

Aye,bout time he started gettin results.

What a surprise! :pres:

Matt Stevens does a Matt Stevens,the dumpling went 2-0 ahead,Bingo clawed it back to 2 a piece,Stevens then goes 3-2 in front,but AS USUAL ends up losing,4-3!. :dizzy: <doh>

The Welsh fitba team losin last night must,ve affected the Welsh snooker players,bar Dom Dale,they all lost in todays play. <laugh>

Postby eraserhead

Stephen Maguire through to the quaters after a 68 break in the decider against Barry Hawkins.

Kyren Wilson and Shaun murphy through as well.

Edit: Anthony McGill completes a 4-0 victory against Stuart Bingham to book his place. :happy:

Postby PoolBoy

An interesting quarter-finals line-up has developed!

Anthony McGill v Stephen Maguire
David Lilley v Shaun Murphy

---------------------------------------------------
Kyren Wilson v Akani Songsermsawad
Peter Ebdon v Nigel Bond

Postby PoolBoy

An all-Scottish clash between Ants and Mags.
A fairy-tale meeting for amateur player, David Lilley against Shaun Murphy. Lilley is only in the competition from the top-up list after having a decent run at the recent Q-School.

Then there's the battle of the youngsters, Kyren Wilson against Thailand's Songsermsawad - who (apart from one match in World Champs qualifying last season) is playing in his first regular professional event.
Finally, the tussle of the veterans. Ebdon and Bond have a combined age of 95.

These games are later today, with the semis and final being played tomorrow.

Postby chengdufan

I watched Akani's match with Thepchaiya at Pond's Forge. It was an outstanding performance from both players and Akani was ahead for most of the match. Thepchaiya had to play at his absolute best to get a 10-9 victory. Looks like the young Thai lad is a real prospect.

Postby PoolBoy

SnookerFan wrote:I've booked tickets to the semis and the final of the English Open today.

Where's that being held, snookerfan?

Postby SnookerFan

PoolBoy wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I've booked tickets to the semis and the final of the English Open today.

Where's that being held, snookerfan?

Event City, Manchester.

I got a bit carried away. I booked tickets to Cardiff, as well. That's not until February. :emb:

Postby kolompar

Anyone watching on Sony Six? Who's commentating, Jason Ferguson?

Looks like it was him, with Aditya Mehta. Wilson wins, but good run for Akani. Watched some of him in the qualies, I thought he looked good. He also does something unusual, what not even Jason Ferguson has seen before, putting his chin on the cue while playing with the rest. That's an Akani Songsermsawad special.

Another surprising thing, Mehta has tattoos.

Postby eraserhead

I was thinking of going to the English open not sure now. :chin:

Kyren first one through to the semis. Good chance to get through to the final being against Bond or Ebdon.

Postby SnookerFan

eraserhead wrote:I was thinking of going to the English open not sure now. :chin:

Kyren first one through to the semis. Good chance to get through to the final being against Bond or Ebdon.

I kind of made a cockerel up booking the hotel. I thought Event City was in the Trafford Centre, so booked a hotel that was a five minute walk from said Centre.

Turns out Event City is near Trafford Centre, not in it. So I thought I was a few yards away, and I'm about a mile away.

No real problem, only about 20 minutes walk away, and there isn't any hotels much nearer. Just not quite as easy to fall out of the venue into the hotel as I'd thought. :-D

In Cardiff, I've been known to be in the hotel bar a couple of minutes after the snooker finished. rofl

Postby eraserhead

SnookerFan wrote:I kind of made a cockerel up booking the hotel. I thought Event City was in the Trafford Centre, so booked a hotel that was a five minute walk from said Centre.

Turns out Event City is near Trafford Centre, not in it. So I thought I was a few yards away, and I'm about a mile away.

No real problem, only about 20 minutes walk away, and there isn't any hotels much nearer. Just not quite as easy to fall out of the venue into the hotel as I'd thought. :-D

In Cardiff, I've been known to be in the hotel bar a couple of minutes after the snooker finished. rofl

The Grand Prix is coming to Preston so I'm going to splurge out on that instead.

Check out the hipster bars in the northern quarter while you're in Manc.

Postby SnookerFan

eraserhead wrote:The Grand Prix is coming to Preston so I'm going to splurge out on that instead.

Check out the hipster bars in the northern quarter while you're in Manc.

I'm just going to try the ones that are convenient as much as anything.

I've been known to do all my drinking in the hotel bar in the past. rofl

If I had seen you around, I'd have gotten you a drink in. Bust best go to the one that's local to you. <ok>

Postby eraserhead

McGill wins the Scottish clash to set up a semi with Shaun Murphy.

Would like a Kyren v Ants final. :spot on:

Postby eraserhead

Anthony McGill into his first ranking final made a class clearance to nick the final frame after Shaun made a 60+ break reds pretty awkward when it started, hopefully it'll be on youtube because it's worth a watch.

Fianl: Kyren Wilson v Anthony McGill :mosh:

Postby motorhead

Insane stuff from McGill from frame 3 to 6, the last one in particular, Shaun 61 ahead, couple of reds safe, Anthony McGill made a ronnie-esque clearance. Shaun's only fault was a red at the end of the 3rd frame with the rest when he was well ahead otheriwise he just had to sit there and watch.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Not terribly fussed who wins, but I would like to see McGill take it. I'd like that first ranking title be a springboard for bigger and better things. Him and Kyren are among the most promising of the young players in the game IMO, along with Brecel and Zhou Yuelong.

Postby Vallomas

Ants leads 4-2 and is playing better than Kyren, he has his greatest chance for the breakthrough of his career.

PS: Aditya Mehta is on the commentary and while he's good, I think he talks too much for everything he could describe with a few words.