Post a reply

Re: Classic snooker DVDs

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

Witz78 wrote:i just bought a loada Alex Higgins DVDs off some guy called Graham - email him at snookermag@aol.com to find out more details, he has a big collection of old snooker matches.

I got the following from him

82 semi v White
83 UK V Davis
85 Doubles championship (with White)
89 v Hendry
95 Mosconi Cup (with White)

All that for £29 -what a bargain

You got hold of the Alex Higgins v Jimmy White '82 semi. Frames 9 to 12 had me buzzing. :excited: It was an afternoon session & I couldn't miss that night when I went out playing. Nice. <ok>

Postby Roland

I've got some stuff and I've got a plan to open a book club on here (wink wink)

Postby Roland

If you like to twiddle about snooker then this could your dream come true

Postby Ander

Hi all snooker fans, I'm new in this forum. It looks great.

Is it possible to trade DVDs? I'm specially willing to get classic matches. This is what I ordered from Roger Lee, totally worth it but a bit expensive...

DVD 1 - 4h 6m

* 1984 FINAL Jimmy White v Kirk Stevens from 0-0 to 5-3 d176 1h57m
* 2000 FINAL Ronnie O’Sullivan v Mark Williams from 0-0 to 7-5 d133 1h44m
* This Is Your Life (Alex Higgins, 25 mins)

DVD 2 - 3h 58m

* 1988 Jimmy White v Stephen Hendry 0-0 to 13-12 d10 d14 d281 d282 d356 3h58m

DVD 3 - 4h 5m

* 2001 Ronnie O’Sullivan v Mark Williams from 0-0 to 9-6 d125 3h15m
* Green Baize of Home (50 mins)

DVD 4 - 4h 11m

* 2002 Benson & Hedges FINAL Mark Williams v Paul Hunter from 0-0 to 9-10 d110 & d111 4h11m

DVD 5 - 3h 49m

* 1984 Benson & Hedges Jimmy White v Kirk Stevens at 0-0 to 6-4 (147 KS) d239 d355 d375 d376 2h20m
* 1991 Steve Davis v Stephen Hendry from 2-2 to 9-7 semi d69 1h4m
* 1988 Alex Higgins v Tony Knowles from 0-2 to 5-4 d355 25m

DVD 6 - 4h 5m

* 1991 FINAL Stephen Hendry v Mike Hallett from 0-0 to 9-8 d20 & d387 3h18m
* 1988 Doing the Business (47 mins)

DVD 7 - 4h 6m

* 1994 FINAL Stephen Hendry v Ken Doherty from 0-0 to 10-5 d26 & d67 1h10m
* 1982 FINAL Steve Davis v Terry Griffiths from 0-0 to 9-5 d203 & d204 2h56m

DVD 8 - 4h 16m

* 1984 Davis/Meo v Higgins/White from 0-0 to 6-9 d7G 2h38m
* 1992 FINAL Stephen Hendry v Ken Doherty from 0-0 to 4-3 d79 & d80 1h38m

DVD 9 - 3h 50m

* 1985 Jimmy White v Alex Higgins from 0-0 to 9-6 d249 & d169 3h5m
* 1986 Dennis Taylor documentary (45 mins)

Postby Roland

Welcome quintahunter. I'm sure there will be plenty of interest and I would love to get some sort of database going with classic matches for people to swap. DVD's 2 and 6 are definitely ones I want to see.

Postby Philezra

If anyone wants to pm me, I can send a list of my Alex Higgins and Jimmy White list

Phil

Postby The Cueist

Philezra wrote:If anyone wants to pm me, I can send a list of my Alex Higgins and Jimmy White list

Phil

Philezra <laugh> I would pm you but i was thinking i can watch plenty of the aforementioned greats on youtube,But thanks anyway and good luck with your sales elsewhere mate. <ok> ;) :shake: :sylvester: :wave:

I have a two piece middle split ash cue for sale weighing 19 ounces,Nice cue with case,Want £30 plus p&p.

Please dont hesitate to pm me if interested. <ok>

Postby The Cueist

Thompson Lykes wrote:The Embassy DVD which is the history of the world championship up to 2005 is pretty good - and it shows the entire Higgins break v White

<doh> I couldnt watch it again if you paid me. <ok>

It is burnt into my memory. <ok>

Postby Smart

The Cueist wrote:
Philezra wrote:If anyone wants to pm me, I can send a list of my Alex Higgins and Jimmy White list

Phil

Philezra <laugh> I would pm you but i was thinking i can watch plenty of the aforementioned greats on youtube,But thanks anyway and good luck with your sales elsewhere mate. <ok> ;) :shake: :sylvester: :wave:

I have a two piece middle split ash cue for sale weighing 19 ounces,Nice cue with case,Want £30 plus p&p.

Please dont hesitate to pm me if interested. <ok>

Has anyone seen phil recently - I PMd him with a proposal and not heard anything since..................... :redneck:

Postby The Cueist

mex10092 wrote:Stephen Lee - Doesn´t he look a bit thinner these days ?

buck me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is your telly on the blink? <laugh>

Postby randam05

Thompson Lykes wrote:The Embassy DVD which is the history of the world championship up to 2005 is pretty good - and it shows the entire Higgins break v White

<doh> I couldnt watch it again if you paid me. <ok>

It is burnt into my memory. <ok>

Haha <laugh> couldnt agree more! watched it the other day infact and I think thats the last time! need to release a new one i think <cool>

Re: Who has seen that Eurosport error?

Postby randam05

lol agreed..does anyone know where I can watch the 2007 world championship semi final between murphy n selby please. Or buy on DVD.

Re: Who has seen that Eurosport error?

Postby Roland

I've got the last 3 frames somewhere I think. If anyone has the last session then I'd like to have it.

Postby randam05

Want to see the whole match really. Never saw it at the time and heard it was good match. Cant remember why I missed it but I saw the final that year..was when I was just becoming a snooker fan, so wasnt desperate to watch it, now I willgo to any extreme to watch a match.

Postby randam05

I will ask again just incase anyone missed it, but does anyone know where I can buy the 2007 WC Semi between selby and murphy pretty please?

I have looked all over the place, but no luck.

Postby Smart

randam05 wrote:I will ask again just incase anyone missed it, but does anyone know where I can buy the 2007 WC Semi between selby and murphy pretty please?

PM to AlexOPaul - he knows the guy with the enormous collection of DVDs. :sylvester:

Postby randam05

StalinESQ wrote:
randam05 wrote:I will ask again just incase anyone missed it, but does anyone know where I can buy the 2007 WC Semi between selby and murphy pretty please?

PM to AlexOPaul - he knows the guy with the enormous collection of DVDs. :sylvester:

Cheers.

Postby Alex0paul

Couldn't have looked very far as the first result on google has it when you search "snooker dvds" <laugh>

Postby Alex0paul

On a side note a few matches I have been after for years are;

Dott v King 2004 WC
Swail v Williams 2001 WC
Swail v Parrott 2000 WC
Dott v Doherty 2003 WC

If anyone has any of these then let me know as I'd be prepared to pay a fair price.

Postby GJ

Alex0paul WC wrote:

Couldn't have looked very far as the first result on google has it when you search "snooker dvds" <laugh>

<laugh>