Post a reply

Re: Classic snooker DVDs

Postby randam05

But it takes me to ones I already have, I am looking for specific matches. Anyway roger lee emailed me back with prices on ones I wanted..has anyone bought from him before..is he reliable and are the dvds good quality? with bbc commentary? anyone know cheers..

Postby Roland

We need to set up some sort of snooker torrents service. I'm all for sharing classic snooker matches and spreading the word that way. I don't like to see people profiting from selling them when they originated from being taped off the tv

Postby randam05

Sonny wrote:We need to set up some sort of snooker torrents service. I'm all for sharing classic snooker matches and spreading the word that way. I don't like to see people profiting from selling them when they originated from being taped off the tv

Sonny :bowdown:

You are a genius..do you think this is possible, or should i buy from this guy?

Great idea, hope you can get it sorted <ok> would be willing to help if possible.

Postby Smart

Alex0paul WC wrote:
randam05 wrote:I will ask again just incase anyone missed it, but does anyone know where I can buy the 2007 WC Semi between selby and murphy pretty please?

I have looked all over the place, but no luck.

Couldn't have looked very far as the first result on google has it when you search "snooker dvds" <laugh>

<laugh> :D <laugh> :D

Postby Alex0paul

Sonny wrote:We need to set up some sort of snooker torrents service. I'm all for sharing classic snooker matches and spreading the word that way. I don't like to see people profiting from selling them when they originated from being taped off the tv

There used to be a brilliant torrent site for snooker matches and other cue sports but sadly there weren't enough people to 'seed' or 'leech' or whatever ever the technical term is.

This could be an easy money maker for the WSA too if they sold dvds of classic matches from the season on their website.

Postby Smart

Alex0paul WC wrote:On a side note a few matches I have been after for years are;

Dott v King 2004 WC
Swail v Williams 2001 WC
Swail v Parrott 2000 WC
Dott v Doherty 2003 WC

If anyone has any of these then let me know as I'd be prepared to pay a fair price.

<ok>

Postby Roland

Alex0paul WC wrote:

There used to be a brilliant torrent site for snooker matches and other cue sports but sadly there weren't enough people to 'seed' or 'leech' or whatever ever the technical term is.

This could be an easy money maker for the WSA too if they sold dvds of classic matches from the season on their website.

Yeah I guess that could be a problem in the early days. The other alternative is to upload to a host and make it downloadable. As I said before, the reason isn't to illegally distribute copyrighted material but to spread the word about all time great matches. I remember youtube took down the last session of the Murphy v Selby 2007 semi-final on the grounds that it breached copyright but who the hell is going to make the match available to those who would pay for it? Not only that, but it is important for snooker history that the best matches are preserved and can be watched by snooker fans in the future.

Postby Roland

Anyway, whatever happened to this apparent batch of classic matches to be released officially on DVD?

Postby randam05

Yes sonny, i agree. Email barry hearn?

I would love old matches to be downloadable, who can do it though? and would?

Postby randam05

Bought the semi final 2007 WC between selby and murphy on DVD from roger lee. Should arrive within the next few days. Cant wait to sit down on a rainy day in the half term next week with a cuppa tea and settle into that match. 8 hours of pure bliss.

Postby randam05

randam05 wrote:Bought the semi final 2007 WC between selby and murphy on DVD from roger lee. Should arrive within the next few days. Cant wait to sit down on a rainy day in the half term next week with a cuppa tea and settle into that match. 8 hours of pure bliss.

its very good, apart from he didnt tell me some bits were highlights and some parts have huge subtitles across the screen :-( :grrr:

Postby Smart

randam05 wrote:
randam05 wrote:Bought the semi final 2007 WC between selby and murphy on DVD from roger lee. Should arrive within the next few days. Cant wait to sit down on a rainy day in the half term next week with a cuppa tea and settle into that match. 8 hours of pure bliss.

its very good, apart from he didnt tell me some bits were highlights and some parts have huge subtitles across the screen :-( :grrr:

I'll bet Roger charged you extra for the sub-titles too. <laugh>

Postby simplysnooker

Thumbs up for the snooker torrent site, I have some more of the recent stuff that I'm sure people from some countries haven't been able to see. But the idea of classic matches on there will attract lots of people. Set it up guys!

Postby randam05

simplysnooker wrote:Thumbs up for the snooker torrent site, I have some more of the recent stuff that I'm sure people from some countries haven't been able to see. But the idea of classic matches on there will attract lots of people. Set it up guys!

Oh that sounds good..Yes it would be great if somebody with computer skills could do it. I would love to, but Im not the best at things like that plus I have no footage. But if someone could I think there would be a lot of interest.

Postby Roland

I'll discuss it with Hallenberg but to be honest I'm wanting to get the new style blog and the Shotmaster out of the way as soon as possible before focussing on anything else so it won't happen right away. Something needs to though because if people can make money from selling copyrighted snooker matches taped from the tv then we can set up a torrent site and make some classic matches downloadable.

Postby simplysnooker

^Only problem is, that might make people think it is a streaming video website, where you watch the videos on site. I don't know haha, as long as we can get this going. Snooker deserves its own torrent site!

Postby randam05

simplysnooker wrote:^Only problem is, that might make people think it is a streaming video website, where you watch the videos on site. I don't know haha, as long as we can get this going. Snooker deserves its own torrent site!

certainly does <ok>

Postby Aaronj

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I found this thread while searching google for snooker/pool dvd's and it seems that this would be the best place to ask

Im searching for a dvd of the 1982 semi final between Higgins and White and also a lot of Mosconi cup pool dvd's

Im happy to pay for them, but everyone ive found elsewhere doesn't seem to have what im after. Can anyone point me in the direction of someone that may be able to help please