Post a reply

Post Pictures of Your Cues

Postby Cue Guru

Calling all members, post pics of your cues. Upload to tinypics etc, then link the pic here using the image option in the posting menu.

Let's see what you got or what you are getting (ordering). We love cues!

Re: Post Pictures of Your Cues

Postby Tonsgalore

Here is my JP Ultimate that will be arriving sometime in the distant future due to the waiting times JP has.

Spec is
59.5"
18.5oz
9.5mm tip

Picture shows a joint but it will be a 1pc

Postby Cue Guru

Tonsgalore wrote:Here is my JP Ultimate that will be arriving sometime in the distant future due to the waiting times JP has.

Spec is
59.5"
18.5oz
9.5mm tip

Picture shows a joint but it will be a 1pc

That's a beauty mate, the most stunning JPU I've seen yet. How many chevrons did you specify on the shaft. lol What timbers are in the splices and vaneers, how cheap was JP (LOL) and how long is the wait for a JPU-1?
Last edited by Cue Guru on 04 Feb 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Tonsgalore

The cue has 36 splicing I believe. I cant quite remember but will count them and get back to you. The cue is ash shaft with ebony butt, olive wood in between the splicings and a black, maple and green veneer as can be seen. Im not sure on the wood used for the green veneer, never thought to ask. My children helped me pick the colours so it will be kept forever. It was over 1000 GBP and was ordered in January 2015, JP said it will take around 3 years.

Postby Smart

Cloud Strife wrote:I don't have my own cue. I just pick something off the rack when I play. :|

I think we should do a collection so that you can have your own cue Strife. Would you like a 1 piece, 2 piecer or a 3 piecer cue Strife....? :wave:

Postby Cue Guru

Cloud Strife wrote:I don't have my own cue. I just pick something off the rack when I play. :|

Everyone should have their won cue, even if they only play now and again. What sort of cue do you go for when you pick your fave out the rack?

Postby Cloud Strife

Cue Guru wrote:

Everyone should have their won cue, even if they only play now and again. What sort of cue do you go for when you pick your fave out the rack?

I don't know, tbh. I just pick out anything. They're all pretty knackered.

I probably should buy my own. :|

Postby Holden Chinaski

I play with a Green Baize Ltd cue. I love it.

Nice ash shaft. Ebony butt with Asian snakewood front wedge with triple veneers and ebony overlay. It's a 3/4 cue. Tip size 9.5mm, length: 58", weight: 18.2oz.

I love the feel of it and I play great with it. Wouldn't even trade it for a JP cue. It only cost me around 240 pounds.

GBL cues are great cues for a very fair price. Highly recommended.

Postby Cue Guru

Holden Chinaski wrote:I play with a Green Baize Ltd cue. I love it.

Nice ash shaft. Ebony butt with Asian snakewood front wedge with triple veneers and ebony overlay. It's a 3/4 cue. Tip size 9.5mm, length: 58", weight: 18.2oz.

I love the feel of it and I play great with it. Wouldn't even trade it for a JP cue. It only cost me around 240 pounds.

GBL cues are great cues for a very fair price. Highly recommended.

My mate ditched his custom Cue Craft that cost north of 400 for a GBL cue. He absolutely loves it. GBL cues are made in Thailand by Kong Cues. KC also make shafts and complete cues for some famous 'British' cue makers but the least said the better; Thaigate! The Thais are making some great cues.

Anyway, GBL cues are excellent and I've played with a couple. I'm guessing your 6' to have a 58'' cue? Weight and tip size sound perfect for snooker. Is it medium or stiff or whippy in feel? Did you go and see Stu in the showroom?

Anyway, pics please!
Last edited by Cue Guru on 04 Feb 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Holden Chinaski

No, I've never seen Stu. I live in Belgium so I had the cue I wanted shipt to me. If I didn't like it I could have send it back for another but I loved it straight away.

Postby Cue Guru

Cloud Strife wrote:
Cue Guru wrote:

You're right. You don't need to spend a lot to notice a big difference to your game from having a decent cue. Makes the game more special as well. David Wu cues are getting very good reviews, folk reckon them to be as good as cues three times the price. Here's a nice one for £69 incl. postage:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Grand-3-4-Pie ... SwFqJWqg6f

Much, much better than a Riley for the same money.

Postby Cue Guru

Holden Chinaski wrote:No, I've never seen Stu. I live in Belgium so I had the cue I wanted shipt to me. If I didn't like it I could have send it back for another but I loved it straight away.

GBL are top people. You can get cues off some and they won't swap, even if you haven't put a tiny bit of chalk on the tip. But Stu would swap the cue out from Belgium on return; great service Stu! I hope we get to see some pics.

Postby Cloud Strife

Cue Guru wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Cue Guru wrote:

You're right. You don't need to spend a lot to notice a big difference to your game from having a decent cue. Makes the game more special as well. David Wu cues are getting very good reviews, folk reckon them to be as good as cues three times the price. Here's a nice one for £69 incl. postage:

Nothing to do with money mate. Just couldn't be fussed to get one as I didn't think it would really make that much difference.

But you're right. I should get a decent one and see what difference it makes to my game. My highest ever break is 43 which I made about 10 years ago when I played fairly regularly. If a good cue can help me break the 50 barrier, I'd be all for that. :-)

Postby Cue Guru

Cloud Strife wrote:
Cue Guru wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Cue Guru wrote:

Nothing to do with money mate. Just couldn't be fussed to get one as I didn't think it would really make that much difference.

But you're right. I should get a decent one and see what difference it makes to my game. My highest ever break is 43 which I made about 10 years ago when I played fairly regularly. If a good cue can help me break the 50 barrier, I'd be all for that. :-)

Yeah, I think having your own cue changes your approach. It's like, I've got something nice here, let's do it some justice. If you play regularly and get used to one cue, and extra red and black is very withing your grasp bud. Not least because it will have a decent tip on it. There's a limit on how much a cue can improve you and that's why I don't like recommending really expensive cues to people, it can be a false dawn. If one can only make a max break of 8, then a JPU isn't going to change that one bit. But for the 0-100 breakers a couple hundred is money well spent, as Holden found with his GBL. But you can get a nice playing cue for 100 or even less now the Chinese have started making nice cues for not a lot of beans.

Postby Wildey

Smart wrote:Do you like a thick shaft Strife ?? :wave:

Final Warning on this matter.

Cue Guru posts on here wanting serious response to the thread keep banter away from threads like these and keep it on tournament discussion threads please.

we have had a lot of complaints about this from posters now please mate i don't want to get tough but all members concerns must be adhered to.

im posting this here as appose to a warning or in pm so that everyone gets the message.

Postby Master Blaster

Holden Chinaski wrote:My GBL cue:

I'm liking that. Plenty of vaneers but still classy. It don't look overdone. The work looks spot on as well. Attention to detail from GBL as per. You know when you see someone wearing a really nice scarf; that's like your cue, wearing a really nice snakewood scarf on top of black outfit.

Postby Tonsgalore

Holden Chinaski wrote:My GBL cue:

Really liking the look of this cue. The splice work looks superb and very even. What are the specs of it?

Postby Master Blaster

Holden Chinaski wrote:Thanks Master Blaster, I love my cue. I think it looks classy as well. Love the snake wood.

I'm sure the shaft is ultra smooth on the bridge. The Thai cue makers really know how to finish ash so that it almost feels like maple.
Last edited by Master Blaster on 05 Feb 2016, edited 1 time in total.