Post a reply

Re: Post Pictures of Your Cues

Postby Tonsgalore

My Mike Wooldridge arrived today.

It looks amazing. A nice feel to it. I'll be practicing with it tomorrow so will let you know what I think.

Cheers

Postby Master Blaster

Tonsgalore wrote:My Mike Wooldridge arrived today.

It looks amazing. A nice feel to it. I'll be practicing with it tomorrow so will let you know what I think.

Cheers

Pics?!

Postby Cue Guru

Very noiche, looks like my Phoenix. lol What are the specs?

Does it play quite hard on contact?

Postby Tonsgalore

Cue Guru wrote:Very noiche, looks like my Phoenix. lol What are the specs?

Does it play quite hard on contact?

5818oz
1pc
9.5mm tip
29mm butt width
Med-stiff shaft

I practiced for a couple of hours yesterday and struggled. I had been playing with a 59.5" cue for a while and going to a lighter shorter cue really effected my play.
Apart from that it did feel nice and the hit was solid. I was able to generate lots of screw and top spin on the cue ball. What I did notice is how well the ME super tip holds the chalk. I am very happy with the cue and with a couple of weeks practicing I should be ok.

Postby Schadenfreude

Master Blaster wrote:Classic MBS, how old mate? Does it have a hidden joint?

Got it in 2007, has a standard joint but its hard to make out on those pictures. A fairly basic cue as it goes but it suits me, pretty nice quality for a £20~ cue.

Postby Tonsgalore

Hi all,

Been a while so a quick update.

I cancelled the order of the JP Ultimate cue nearly 4 years after ordering it. The reason was that over the years I was seeing more and more JP cues (Ultimate’s included) with a lot of imperfections. So livings not even, misaligned badge, scratches on the cue, all sorts of things. The ultimate cues really ain’t worth the money. JP gives his seal of approval but doesn’t make them anymore himself. I was in his shop one day when a courier dropped off a load of pre made shafts so I know for a fact not all of his cues are hand made in house. These shafts could have been hand made but they certainly weren’t by his crew.
I do want to add that I’ve seen a lot of cheaper cues from overseas makers that are fantastically made. A lot of people get caught up in thinking a certain cue by a certain maker will improve your game, IT WONT. If you want an expensive cue, then buy one. It’s up to you but it won’t make you play better. The only thing that will make you play better is practice. Simple.

Postby The_Abbott

Considering the thread title and the fact this is snooker island, I was expecting to see the Kenneth Williams picture pop up at some point.

Postby Tonsgalore

I must add that over the years I have chopped and changed my cues, more so in recent years as the cue I had from the start was a JP Elite that I bought in 1995 got broken by a courier. It was a great cue and In them days JP was the best. It served me well but I didn’t care about things like balance points, tip size and length, I just went with whatever JP advised. I loved the experience of going to his shop and getting sized up and hitting a few balls on his mini table. Shame it’s not the same quality anymore.
Now I play with a Woods cue, I got exactly what I asked for when ordering and it plays ok for the amount of snooker I’ve played over the past 3 years. I had a personalised badge fitted so no one knows it’s a Woods. People often comment on how good it looks. It’s just a plain 1pc ash shaft with ebony butt. I’ll post a picture when I return to the UK
I am now getting back to practicing a lot more (work depending)

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Tonsgalore wrote:I must add that over the years I have chopped and changed my cues, more so in recent years as the cue I had from the start was a JP Elite that I bought in 1995 got broken by a courier. It was a great cue and In them days JP was the best. It served me well but I didn’t care about things like balance points, tip size and length, I just went with whatever JP advised. I loved the experience of going to his shop and getting sized up and hitting a few balls on his mini table. Shame it’s not the same quality anymore.
Now I play with a Woods cue, I got exactly what I asked for when ordering and it plays ok for the amount of snooker I’ve played over the past 3 years. I had a personalised badge fitted so no one knows it’s a Woods. People often comment on how good it looks. It’s just a plain 1pc ash shaft with ebony butt. I’ll post a picture when I return to the UK
I am now getting back to practicing a lot more (work depending)

:hatoff:

Postby SnookerFan

The_Abbott wrote:Considering the thread title and the fact this is snooker island, I was expecting to see the Kenneth Williams picture pop up at some point.

rofl

Postby Jack50

seems my picture went for some reason from hosting site, will repost at some point

Postby RunningSide

Good choice, plenty of practice and the cue will become your friend.

Postby Jack50

Right click the image and open in new tab and it should work. Cheers, Jack.