Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Final !!!

Postby Dan-cat

Wildey wrote:
PoolBoy wrote:There's also the PTC Finals to come!
Some may not rate that one too highly, but it's still a Ranking event. I see that the format has changed this season. Last year it was first-to-4 all the way, including the final - but this time, the semi-finals are first-to-6 and the final is a cracking best-of-19. So, for me, it's certainly a noteworthy event.
It also boasts a whopping £100,000 winners cheque, so could be hugely significant in the battle for automatic crucible places!
http://www.snooker.org/res/index.asp?event=423

That event is massive now Kyren Wilson, Ding Junhui, Liang Wenbo and Stephen Maguire are close on points with Liang just inside the top 16 only about 8,000 point separating all 4 but with Maguire not in the Players championship the other 3 can put big strides towards the top 16 with obviously Ding Favorite having so much pedigree at this level

Good points... i love the extra narrative we get towards the end of the season, fighting for the Crucible places...

Can anyone confirm if the PTC final is changing format for this one? i.e. the longer matches... I read it was being implemented next year: conflicting information

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Final !!!

Postby Cheshire Cat

Dan-cat wrote:
Good points... i love the extra narrative we get towards the end of the season, fighting for the Crucible places...

Can anyone confirm if the PTC final is changing format for this one? i.e. the longer matches... I read it was being implemented next year: conflicting information

It is definitely longer matches! Tickets are being sold for the final as two-sessions: 1pm and 7pm

'All matches up to and including the Quarter finals are best of 7 frames. Semi finals best of 11 frames, Final best of 19 frames.' -- is what it says on the World Snooker format sheet for the event.