Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Final !!!

Postby Andre147

CONGRATS SHAUN <cool> :hatoff:

He was better player all week for sure, BIngham been there just hanging by a thread on some of his matches.

Postby Cheshire Cat

In the end he played his attacking game and it paid off for him. The opening red and the red to start the winning break were both phenomenal.

Murphy. :hatoff:
Bingham. :hatoff:

Postby Andre147

Cheshire Cat wrote:In the end he played his attacking game and it paid off for him. The opening red and the red to start the winning break were both phenomenal.

Murphy. :hatoff:
Bingham. :hatoff:

Yes indeed, that's always been his game and he should never ever change his approach, win or lose.

Happy for him. :-)

Postby TheRocket

Congrats to Murphy. Overall the best player of the week you have to say but boy. I thought he was in no way inferior to someone like Matthew Stevens when it comes to choking today.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Congrats to Murphy. Overall the best player of the week you have to say but boy. I thought he was in no way inferior to someone like Matthew Stevens when it comes to choking today.

Yes had he faced a Ronnie, Robbo, Higgins even Selby today he would have probably lost.

But the woulds don't really matter, what matters is Murphy won this title. :hatoff:

Postby hendry_fan

He,s done it,but what a struggle that was,should of had the match wrapped up long ago,especially when he went 4-1 in front,but then he started to miss and miss and miss,it was an absolute miss festival from both.

It,s definately one of the worst finals we,ve seen standard wise,but at the end of the day,Shaun won and added to his silverware,his CV will now show that he,s on 6 ranking titles.

So,well done Shaun,you pulled it off after all. :clap: :clap:

Bingo did well to stay in the match,dug in,but buried himself with all those misses and careless errors he made.

Postby Gridlock

LC wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:Where was the mark of a champion at the crucible final andre? Murphy is so vulnerable at times. Losing matches and frames from straight forward positions is worrying. His good long potting days are gone. He makes simple pos errors even arguably having the best cue action out there

He's a champion whether you like it or not mate, nobody can be a Triple Crown winner if he isn't a true champion.

Everybody can lose matches from well in front, just ask Ronnie.

Yes but Ronnie has got a lot of titles in the bank

Watthever

Postby Wildey

LC wrote:Haha the hatred for Ronnie is strong

Dont Confuse the Hatred for twatty fans with the Hatred for Ronnie.

I am a fan of Ronnie however i could do without some stupid hammers that support him so Ronnie Retiring would be worth it just so that thoes pin ends stop watching snooker once and for all.

on a more interesting topic

that was not the highest standard final ive seen however that made it more interesting Well done Shaun Murphy best player won the event in the end

Postby Gridlock

Pink Ball wrote:Congrats to Murphy, best player won the tournament to be fair.

The competition was a real let-down given the line up. We only got a twiddle when we were promised a blowjob.

But then what about a happy ending?

Postby Cheshire Cat

TWITTER ATTACK

‏@markwil147
Wonder how many of my twitter followers would like to see me in the studio working for itv on the snooker?

MJW asking the important questions. pmsl

Postby Wildey

Jan Verhass only reffed one Match i guess he was there assessing the others

Postby NNear

hendry_fan wrote:Well,i,m certainly not gonna be disappointed if Smurph loses this match,the dumplin had countless chances throughout the match,it was unreal,what a chance to adding to his silverware,he,ll put on a brave face,but deep inside,he,ll be absolutley GUTTED.

All is well, all is well.

Postby Dan-cat

Here's the news: some tournaments are better than others!! And not always the most exciting players reach the final. I know - I'm in a revelatory mood.

Right, what's next? China? Longer matches!!!!! Can't wait!! Bring it on. And then the big daddy of them all... exciting times for Snooker Fans.

Postby PoolBoy

There's also the PTC Finals to come!
Some may not rate that one too highly, but it's still a Ranking event. I see that the format has changed this season. Last year it was first-to-4 all the way, including the final - but this time, the semi-finals are first-to-6 and the final is a cracking best-of-19. So, for me, it's certainly a noteworthy event.
It also boasts a whopping £100,000 winners cheque, so could be hugely significant in the battle for automatic crucible places!
http://www.snooker.org/res/index.asp?event=423

Postby Wildey

PoolBoy wrote:There's also the PTC Finals to come!
Some may not rate that one too highly, but it's still a Ranking event. I see that the format has changed this season. Last year it was first-to-4 all the way, including the final - but this time, the semi-finals are first-to-6 and the final is a cracking best-of-19. So, for me, it's certainly a noteworthy event.
It also boasts a whopping £100,000 winners cheque, so could be hugely significant in the battle for automatic crucible places!
http://www.snooker.org/res/index.asp?event=423

That event is massive now Kyren Wilson, Ding Junhui, Liang Wenbo and Stephen Maguire are close on points with Liang just inside the top 16 only about 8,000 point separating all 4 but with Maguire not in the Players championship the other 3 can put big strides towards the top 16 with obviously Ding Favorite having so much pedigree at this level