Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Semi Finals !!!

Postby Andre147

Hope Ding wins but all I want is a good high quality match, which these two can deliver of both play their best.

Should be a great match in an otherwise crap tournament.

Postby mantorok

PoolBoy wrote:
mantorok wrote:Good god it's like someone said "Let's get the 4 dullest characters in Snooker, and stick them in a ranking semi-final".

Predicting a Perry/Murphy final, not that I could give a squirt of p*ss who wins.

That's because you don't follow snooker.

Of course I do, long enough to have seen a lot of characters come into the game only to be replaced by a lot of boring, single-dimensional robots.

The game needs more characters, even Trump is failing to deliver on his promise, and instead we get left with a semi-final line-up like this.

Postby SnookerFan

mantorok wrote:
Of course I do, long enough to have seen a lot of characters come into the game only to be replaced by a lot of boring, single-dimensional robots.

The game needs more characters, even Trump is failing to deliver on his promise, and instead we get left with a semi-final line-up like this.

So, you're upset with a Murphy vs Ding semi final? :shock:

Postby Cheshire Cat

Good to see Murphy isn't trying out that funky break off any more that he was doing at the start of the season. It was hilarious watching it go wrong every time he broke off.

Postby eraserhead

wasn't he saying the same things around masters and worlds how he'd gone back to his attcking ways and was better for it.

Yet he threw that out the window this season. :shrug:

Postby SnookerFan

eraserhead wrote:wasn't he saying the same things around masters and worlds how he'd gone back to his attcking ways and was better for it.

Yet he threw that out the window this season. :shrug:

Probably, knowing Murphy.

Postby mantorok

SnookerFan wrote:
mantorok wrote:

Assuming you're not being sarcastic, Murphy is the most unlike-able chump in Snooker, Ding used to be exciting but has now just become another poker-faced robot who backs down at the first sign of trouble.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Yates running his mouth about tension that's causing this slow opener. Or, you know, could just say it for what it is, that it's an awkward table..

EDIT: Oh yeah, now he says it.

Postby SnookerFan

mantorok wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
mantorok wrote:

Assuming you're not being sarcastic, Murphy is the most unlike-able chump in Snooker, Ding used to be exciting but has now just become another poker-faced robot who backs down at the first sign of trouble.

Ding has been playing all. Murphy is a Muppet, but it'll be a decent match.

Postby Cheshire Cat

As one who shares the same surname with Murphy, I would like to apologise on behalf of the Murphy clan for his inability to play decent safety.

Postby stateofwonder

I just noticed something strange - there doesn't seem to be many big breaks in this tournament, so far only 13 centuries. In the Masters with half the number of people playing (although pretty much the same lot of people) there were 26. Is it the table? Or everyone playing rubbish?

Postby SnookerFan

mantorok wrote:Why does Murphy walk around the table like he's about to become embroiled in a political debate with it?

How does somebody about to become embroiled in a political debate walk like?

Postby eraserhead

SnookerFan wrote:
mantorok wrote:Why does Murphy walk around the table like he's about to become embroiled in a political debate with it?

How does somebody about to become embroiled in a political debate walk like?

LIke Shaun Murphy walking round a table. :wave:

Postby vodkadiet

There are 'safety success' percentages, 'pot success' percentages, 'long pot success' percentages, but no 'pack splitting' success percentages....

Postby TheRocket

I think the bald hammer Bingham has quite a good chance tomorrow , looking at how badly these two are struggling atm. Murphy looking like so much weaker in comparison to the rounds before and Ding still not back where he was.