Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Last 16 !!!

Postby Cheshire Cat

The provisional world rankings as they would stand now are just.. wow. Bingham would be World no.1, £144 000 between him and Robbo who would be world number 2 and £200 000 between him and Selby who would be no. 3.

I still don't know how I feel about this prize money ranking, tbqh.

Postby PoolBoy

Cheshire Cat wrote:The provisional world rankings as they would stand now are just.. wow. Bingham would be World no.1, £144 000 between him and Robbo who would be world number 2 and £200 000 between him and Selby who would be no. 3.

I still don't know how I feel about this prize money ranking, tbqh.

I'm looking at the Provisional Seedings list at the moment, with a view to the 16 who'll make Sheffield automatically. http://www.snooker.org/res/index.asp?te ... eason=2015
It'll be a fascinating scrap for places. Finish 16th and you're at the Crucible, but finish 17th and you're faced with 3 matches to get there!
At present, I'd reckon that the players currently 1-12 on the list are 'safe'. Mark Williams in 13th will probably be okay, but I note that he does miss the China Open, so could be 'sweating'!
Although last season and this season are obviously different entities, as a very rough guide, 200,000 pounds/points was required last year to be directly qualified in the top-16 for the Worlds.
It won't be too far off that this time, looking at the list!
Whatever happens, there will be some established names facing qualifying. Ding and Maguire have much work to do!

Postby hendry_fan

I was right again for once,Ding wins and stops Ebdons run,in fact he thumps him 4-0.

Peter can now spend some time doin some sight seeing with his wife in this supposedly beautiful Llandudno. :happy:

Un-Nooh beats Allen!,i wunder what rant we,ll hear from Allen after this loss. :-D

Postby PoolBoy

Good wins for both Ding and Un-Nooh!
They now meet in the quarter-finals.
They've played just twice previously - and both times were in ranking events - and it's 1-1 in the head-to-head.

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:Where,s "THESAVIOUR"!,i miss him. :-(

You need an Avatar like Dan Cat's. :-D

He'll be back, and with lyrical bombs.

He,s quite a charachter is our THESAVIOUR,i really like him,he,s clearly passionate about snooker and lyrical bombs. <ok> :-D

Postby Cheshire Cat

I've tried to do it for a few years now, but Bingham is that one player I just can't seem to take a liking to and I don't know why. It's not like there's anything wrong with him, I just don't really like him tbqh.

Postby Pink Ball

Cheshire Cat wrote:I've tried to do it for a few years now, but Bingham is that one player I just can't seem to take a liking to and I don't know why. It's not like there's anything wrong with him, I just don't really like him tbqh.

Yeah, I get that. He's a lovely fella and I was happy for him, but couldn't feel delighted for him for whatever reason. I do respect what he managed though, impossible not to.

Postby hendry_fan

Cheshire Cat wrote:I've tried to do it for a few years now, but Bingham is that one player I just can't seem to take a liking to and I don't know why. It's not like there's anything wrong with him, I just don't really like him tbqh.

Funny you should write that,i know what you mean.

I personaly think he,s ok,it,s not like,i don,t like him,but i can,t seem to really warm to him,i think thats mainly cause there,s a lot of other players who i like more than i like him.

One of course warms more than one warms to others.

I can recall someone here,i canny remember who it was,but they wrote"how can anyone not like Ronnie",well,of course lots like/love him,but tastes are different,so it,s obvious that there are many who don,t like him.

Postby hendry_fan

masterdoctorgenius wrote:is trump ill or isnt he able to cope with the pressure?

Trumps doin a Trump= inconsistent. :-)