Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Last 16 !!!

Postby hendry_fan

masterdoctorgenius wrote:bingo is in trumps head. he gave him the most devastating defeat of his career along with the wc final loss against higgins

trump isnt good under pressure i am afraid. he flukes one or two victories under immense pressure

So i guess it,s safe to say,that Trump has,nt warmed to Bingo. ;-)

Postby mantorok

The best of 7 format just puts players on edge from ball-one, you can get away with shorter formats in other sports, but for snooker it just doesn't always work.

Standard so far has been pretty poor to be fair.

Postby SnookerFan

mantorok wrote:The best of 7 format just puts players on edge from ball-one, you can get away with shorter formats in other sports, but for snooker it just doesn't always work.

What other sports have shorter former matches? Do they do it in tennis?

Postby mantorok

SnookerFan wrote:
mantorok wrote:The best of 7 format just puts players on edge from ball-one, you can get away with shorter formats in other sports, but for snooker it just doesn't always work.

What other sports have shorter former matches? Do they do it in tennis?

Dunno, only one I can think of is darts, I just think with Snooker the best of 9 was fine as it included a mid-session interval, this best of 7 is an excuse to ditch that and squeeze as many matches in as possible.

Postby SnookerFan

mantorok wrote:
Dunno, only one I can think of is darts, I just think with Snooker the best of 9 was fine as it included a mid-session interval, this best of 7 is an excuse to ditch that and squeeze as many matches in as possible.

I agree with you.

Best of sevens works fine for a PTC, but this isn't a PTC.

Do ITV insist on this being a Tuesday - Sunday event? Could have a full week, give an extra day. Or even start on the previous Sunday, like they do at The Masters.

Postby hendry_fan

Clive gives "the clinching disease" a mention. :-)

Bingos been doin a Holt in this match,i can,t remember seein him shake his head so much. :roll:

Postby Cheshire Cat

Bingham being made to look good by Trump playing terribly.

Trump reminds me a lot of Murphy. When their long games aren't there, the rest of their games seems to just fall apart.

Postby hendry_fan

Deary me!,yet again Trump does,nt maintain consistency. :dizzy:

Bingham played well at the start but collapsed toward the end,he won though,thats whats counts.

Postby hendry_fan

Cloud Strife wrote:Awful match that was. Got a headache from watching that rubbish served up by Trump and Bongham.

<laugh>

Postby Cheshire Cat

@pistol147
Cant sum up in a tweet! I wish I was on tv just so people could see the luck I don't get. 2-0 and cruising. 5flukes later it's 2-2!! Unreal

Allen not amused it seems.

Postby hendry_fan

Very well done to Day,what a scalp,spoils J Haggises chance to grab a 29th bit o silverware in this tourney.

JH did not look amused. :roll:

Postby eraserhead

It's predictable that when Judd plays well one match big names go out and he has a good chance at a ranking title, Bingham having a shocker season beats him.

Ding looked in good form I was skipping through the match and the only really bad thing I saw was the missed black in the last frame.

Higgins and Allen out as well! :shock:

Would love to see Kyren or Ding take this.