Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Last 16 !!!

Postby Vallomas

Very good performance by Joe Perry and a nice total clearance to finish. :D
It looks like a good opportunity to go further than the semi he did reach on Welsh Open.

Carter isn't an easy opponent in the quarters, though. Anyway, it will be a very interesting match.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Watching ITV commentary makes me realise how much I hate Virgo and his balk-cushion ranting every other safety shot.

Postby Cheshire Cat

So that's Ebdon, Ford and Holt all out after giant killing in the last round. If it's one little gripe I have with our game, it's lower ranked players playing great to beat a top player and then playing dross and getting beaten straight away in the next round. It happens in other sports, but it happens so much in snooker that you almost expect it to happen.

Postby vodkadiet

I know this isn't related to this thread but I just remembered a comment John Parrott made after losing to Dean Reynolds in a BBC event years ago. Parrott played awfully and lost 5-2 and said "I would go home and wash the dishes, but I'd probably miss the sink!"

Postby PoolBoy

boris_the_butcher wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
boris_the_butcher wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:I'd like to see Perry win the Worlds.

Just throwing that out there.

we've just had a 'nice guy' champion. It's not good for the game.

I love how butthurt people are by Bingham winning at The Crucible.

I'd glad he won the title rather than Judd or Murphy. however, a fat bald guy as a WC isn't a great reflection on the sport.

Why not? It's not athletics!
Hair loss is hereditary and in ones' genes - doesn't relate to snooker ability. Check Luca Brecel, who's just 21! http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/luc ... d508846666
Fat and bald not a good reflection on the 'sport'...doesn't appear to be doing darts' image any harm with Michael van Gerwen!

Postby vodkadiet

Judd Trump was feeling unwell today, and at the same time was sporting his Burger King logo. Karma or had his sponsors been giving him free lunches all week?

Animals revenge from the grave....

Postby Dan-cat

vodkadiet wrote:Judd Trump was feeling unwell today, and at the same time was sporting his Burger King logo. Karma or had his sponsors been giving him free lunches all week?

He definitely should consider getting more conscious. Perhaps an Ecover green washing liquid patch.

Postby vodkadiet

Dan-cat wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Judd Trump was feeling unwell today, and at the same time was sporting his Burger King logo. Karma or had his sponsors been giving him free lunches all week?

He definitely should consider getting more conscious. Perhaps an Ecover green washing liquid patch.

Ecover would lose all integrity if that happened. Maybe they could convince Mark Allen instead?........

Postby Cloud Strife

Dan-cat wrote:

How do they know these liquids work properly if they haven't tested them on animals?

Postby vodkadiet

Cloud Strife wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

How do they know these liquids work properly if they haven't tested them on animals?

No product is worth buying if animals haven't suffered for its production. Maximum bloodshed of innocents otherwise I ain't buying!.....................

Postby Cloud Strife

vodkadiet wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

No product is worth buying if animals haven't suffered for its production. Maximum bloodshed of innocents otherwise I ain't buying!.....................

Rather the animals than me.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:Quarter final stage and still we have best of 7s? Absolutely dire event this.

Yes even the Welsh Open format with it's crappy Best of 7 format had Best of 9 matches for Quarter-Final stages.

Best of 7s in rankers pmsl

Postby vodkadiet

Cloud Strife wrote:Quarter final stage and still we have best of 7s? Absolutely dire event this.

Yes. This is the worst event of the year outside of the PTC's.

ITV have made an effort with their excellent coverage but this hasn't been reciprocated by the WSA.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:

Yes even the Welsh Open format with it's crappy Best of 7 format had Best of 9 matches for Quarter-Final stages.

Best of 7s in rankers pmsl

7 must be Hearn's favourite number.

Postby vodkadiet

Cloud Strife wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

Humans produce nothing, and costume and destroy everything. It is all about instant gratification at the cost of everything else.

A world of Smartphones and stupid people...

Postby Cloud Strife

vodkadiet wrote:

ITV have made an effort with their excellent coverage but this hasn't been reciprocated by the WSA.

Fully agree.

What with the best of 7s and the Ladbrokes logo visible from every angle, this tournament just feels third rate.

Postby vodkadiet

Cloud Strife wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

Fully agree.

What with the best of 7s and the Ladbrokes logo visible from every angle, this tournament just feels third rate.

Don't worry, Richi Persad is entering the fray tomorrow......

Postby Cloud Strife

vodkadiet wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

Humans produce nothing, and costume and destroy everything. It is all about instant gratification at the cost of everything else.

A world of Smartphones and stupid people...

I see what you're saying and yes it is a sorry state of affairs, tbh.

Ethics has been thrown out the window, and replaced with greed and instant gratification. Corporations like Burger King are at the forefront of that.

I wonder if Trump is aware of the company he so readily supports and endorses?