Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Last 32 !!!

Postby GJ

Tbh im not fussed if robbo does well here

He already has 2 big titles this season so his sole focus now is Sheffield.

Awaits a wildey rant ......

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:Tbh im not fussed if robbo does well here

He already has 2 big titles this season so his sole focus now is Sheffield.

Awaits a wildey rant ......

But surely if Robbo is to lose, would be better to lose against a top player, and not Ebdon?

Yes Robbo has already got 2 titles under his belt, and happily Ronnie stopped him getting a 3rd. <ok>

Postby stateofwonder

Andre147 wrote:And this is why Ebdon has got a great head to head record v Robbo.

Even in the matches Robbo has wn, he always gets bogged down by Ebdon's play.

Another Peter win here wouldn't surprise me at all. Horrible standard, especially from Robbo.

Totally agree. Does anyone else think that if you've got an uninspiring opponent (that you can't annihilate) you end up playing badly yourself?

Postby hendry_fan

stateofwonder wrote:
Andre147 wrote:And this is why Ebdon has got a great head to head record v Robbo.

Even in the matches Robbo has wn, he always gets bogged down by Ebdon's play.

Another Peter win here wouldn't surprise me at all. Horrible standard, especially from Robbo.

Totally agree. Does anyone else think that if you've got an uninspiring opponent (that you can't annihilate) you end up playing badly yourself?

I think thats a point,but also everyone has bogey players,there,s a guy at my club,eg,almost everytime i play him,i play absolute rubbish and he,s not the fastest of players,but is,nt slow neither and i would,nt rate him better than me,but there are also some players,90% of the time i play against them,i play well,same goes for the pros and anyone who plays i guess.

Postby Cheshire Cat

I think it's harsh to criticise Ebdo or Robbo, the run of the ball has been absolutely terrible and no matter how good you are, all you can do is play the balls. Robbo's not terribly great at scrappy frames, he does have a habit of losing his rhythm easily. Selbs found him out big time in that World Semi a few years back.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Cheshire Cat wrote:I think it's harsh to criticise Ebdo or Robbo, the run of the ball has been absolutely terrible and no matter how good you are, all you can do is play the balls. Robbo's not terribly great at scrappy frames, he does have a habit of losing his rhythm easily. Selbs found him out big time in that World Semi a few years back.

ronnie found it out this year

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:I've been busy at work. What have I missed?

Not a lot,you have,nt missed anythin special.

The match has been a "comedy of errors" from both,both have,nt had the best run o the ball tbh,but aside from that,both have made countless errors in all depts of the game.

Postby Andre147

What are the chances when I get back at 6 these two are still going? rofl

Anyway, looking forward to the evening's matches.

Postby Andre147

boris_the_butcher wrote:Imagine being stuck in a lift with Robbo and Ebdon and they get to talking about veganism. you'd wish you had a cyanide pill at hand.

Don't let Vodka read this. :gag:

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:

Yep,i,m a tad more for John.

Yeah, Mags is a bit of a idiot.

Watch yourself!,otherwise Mags,ll give u a Glasgow kiss. :grrr: :-D

Postby hendry_fan

Instead of playin safe,Ebdon takes on a brave long yellow and he gets it. :clap:

But,....after pottin that crackin yellow,he pots a red,loses position,and goes for a long blue in which he misses. :roll:

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:Ebdon-Mania running wild. :D

Ebdon being verrry brave in this decider,maybe he wants to become a braveheart. :joust: :-D

Postby SnookerFan

stateofwonder wrote:Is Clive Everton at least providing good commentary? (I'm not watching itv4)

I'm not either, but I'm willing to bet that whoever is providing commentary is doing better than the BBC.