31 PLTHEREF [Williams, Brecel]
29 WILDEY [Williams, Brecel, Milkins]
29 THECLEAVER [Williams, Brecel]
29 CLOUDSTRIFE [Milkins]
28 KINGKAUTO [Brecel, Swail, Day]
22 SUNDAYGIRL

Re: Coral Snooker Shoot-out

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:Anyway, will probably not partake tonight. I thought I'd be off the beer for a weekend, had a skinful last weekend.

I'm thinking of getting in the mood by reading this thread from the original Snooker Shootout.

viewtopic.php?f=129&t=1851

Yeah, I didn't stick to that. I was off it Friday and Saturday.

I had two cans of Galereux and two and a half pints of my dad's home brewed lager.

Postby Prop

SnookerFan wrote:So. Tonight. Do I have the end of the Shootout on, or do I have a film on?

Recommend me a good film. Scary. With aliens. On Netflix or Sky. Watched Dark Skies the other day, thought it was alright.

Postby SnookerFan

The mistake you make is thinking I know what is on Netflix. :rofl:

Don't actually watch a lot of alien films. Not alien, but The Fly (1986) is sci fi and bloody, and though I've never made a top 5 of all time horror films, that would be in it.

Killer Klowns From Outer Space is a comedy, as much as an alien horror. Probably not your thing, but it's as funny a bad acted B-Movie as I've ever seen.

I'm afraid I am more if an 80s slasher fan as I am an alien horror film.

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:So. Tonight. Do I have the end of the Shootout on, or do I have a film on?

Shootout, otherwise your membership here is curtailed. :wave:

How is the cricket? :bird:

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:

England bottled the series big time. :irk:

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:

What is your favourite horror film, whilst we're discussing it.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:

What is your favourite horror film, whilst we're discussing it.

American Warewolf in London :wave:

Postby Prop

SnookerFan wrote:The mistake you make is thinking I know what is on Netflix. :rofl:

Don't actually watch a lot of alien films. Not alien, but The Fly (1986) is sci fi and bloody, and though I've never made a top 5 of all time horror films, that would be in it.

Killer Klowns From Outer Space is a comedy, as much as an alien horror. Probably not your thing, but it's as funny a bad acted B-Movie as I've ever seen.

Remember watching The Fly years ago and being quite bemused. Might watch the original Alien if it's there.

The Thing. Now that's worth watching.

Postby SnookerFan

Prop wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:The mistake you make is thinking I know what is on Netflix. :rofl:

Remember watching The Fly years ago and being quite bemused. Might watch the original Alien if it's there.

Seen that. I didn't know if that counted as an alien.

I watched The Funhouse (1981) for Valentines. I recommended it to somebody, and we watched it.

No aliens, but one quite strange looking thing. Very eerie film. It's a slasher if it's anything, but strange old school slasher. I liked it, though films do date.

Postby Vallomas

Would love to see Rod Lawler winning this.

What would be his new nickname if he makes it? :clap:

Postby Holden Chinaski

Prop wrote:

The Thing is great.

Alien is one of the best films ever made. I've watched it a hundred times and wouldn't mind watching it another hundred times. After seeing it so many times, it still puts chills down my spine.

Have you seen Prometheus? If not, definitely check it out. It's Ridley scott's prequel to Alien. very good.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Vallomas wrote:Would love to see Rod Lawler winning this.

Jill seems to think Rod 'The Lightning' Lawler is the new name for him.. :chin:

Prometheus is a solid movie, as is the Alien series as a whole. Alien: Isolation (video game) is incredible, probably one of the best horror-related things in recent times.

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Prop wrote:

The Thing is great.

Alien is one of the best films ever made. I've watched it a hundred times and wouldn't mind watching it another hundred times. After seeing it so many times, it still puts chills down my spine.

Have you seen Prometheus? If not, definitely check it out. It's Ridley scott's prequel to Alien. very good.

Watch The Fly. Tonight.

Postby SnookerFan

Cheshire Cat wrote:Jill seems to think Rod 'The Lightning' Lawler is the new name for him.. :chin:

Prometheus is a solid movie, as is the Alien series as a whole. Alien: Isolation (video game) is incredible, probably one of the best horror-related things in recent times.

FASTEST MAN ALIVE!

Postby PoolBoy

Vallomas wrote:Would love to see Rod Lawler winning this.

It would be so ironic if he won it! Rod the Plod is usually the last game finished when matches are played simultaneously!
It's actually a bit frustrating, because he can play just as well when he's forced to play much quicker!

Postby Prop

I think I'll give Prometheus a go then. Cheers chaps!

Postby QSM

Already 8k guaranteed for Hull. Could become 16k or even 32k. For a guy like him and considering the travelling he has to do, this amount of money could fund him to do the full tour for a whole season. :-)
Last edited by QSM on 14 Feb 2016, edited 1 time in total.