Post a reply

Re: Coral Snooker Shoot-out

Postby Cloud Strife

Cheshire Cat wrote:Some right mugs in the audience today. Naughty naughty language. :no:

Snooker could do without that sort of bullocks, tbh.

Postby Cloud Strife

Smart wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:Some right mugs in the audience today. Naughty naughty language. :no:

good afternoon Jewell :wave:

Afternoon.

Postby QSM

Cloud Strife wrote:

I'm slightly surprised no one shouted smt in reference to cheating when Higgins was playing. Hammers.

Postby QSM

You'd get tired of his antics quite quickly if you saw Poomjaeng playing every week. But if it's only a couple of times per year, it's bloody brilliant to watch, and even more so in this format. #Poomjaeng

Postby Andy Spark

QSM wrote:You'd get tired of his antics quite quickly if you saw Poomjaeng playing every week. But if it's only a couple of times per year, it's bloody brilliant to watch, and even more so in this format. #Poomjaeng

Yes, I was always told that Thai people are very reserved. <laugh>

Postby Cheshire Cat

Dear Lord that Un-Nooh and Hamilton match. The drama at the end. <laugh>

First time watching the shoot-out, but I actually rather like it. Didn't think I would. It makes for good weekend watching.

Postby Gridlock

Hi all! Hope to see some of the later matches today or at least catch up on youtube!

Postby Wildey

Cheshire Cat wrote:LOL @ Ebdon yelling 'Vegan power'. Good stuff.

really?

what a load of rubbish this thing is and it gets tackier and tackier every bucking second.

Postby PLtheRef

Table after Round 1
23 ERASERHEAD (9 players remaining)
20 SMART (8 players remaining)
20 KOLOMPAR (7 players remaining)
19 WILDEY (9 players remaining)
19 PLTHEREF (7 players remaining)
18 KINGKAUTO (8 players remaining)
17 THECLEAVER (7 players remaining)
17 CLOUDSTRIFE (6 players remaining)
14 SUNDAYGIRL (4 players remaining)

Postby kolompar

Wildey wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:LOL @ Ebdon yelling 'Vegan power'. Good stuff.

really?

what a load of rubbish this thing is and it gets tackier and tackier every bucking second.

Just because Peter Ebdon yelling? <laugh>

Postby Prop

Evening all. Watched a bit of this painfully last night. And this morning read a bit on twitter about some unsavory noises from the crowd.

I haven't read this thread (and I'm sure it's been covered) but what's gone off? Did someone actually call Dale a nonce? And what did they shout at Higgins?

Seems like a good way to make the sport less popular this rubbish.

Postby Wildey

John McDonald is a hopeless MC

Postby Cheshire Cat

Prop wrote:Evening all. Watched a bit of this painfully last night. And this morning read a bit on twitter about some unsavory noises from the crowd.

I haven't read this thread (and I'm sure it's been covered) but what's gone off? Did someone actually call Dale a nonce? And what did they shout at Higgins?

I watched just about all of the action this afternoon. The first match between Higgins and Higginson was where all the controversy was, comms was doing damage control to try and apologise for the abuse that could be heard thrown at Higgins and the ref (Brendan Moore) was cautioning quite a few people. Higgins even called a guy in the audience out in the post-match interview.

Pretty sure people were thrown out during advert breaks and words were said to the crowd, because it got dramatically less noisy/rowdy for the rest of the afternoon.

Postby Cheshire Cat

On a side note, it's nice to see Dennis Taylor and the Beeb boys here in their golfing attire.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Hope to see Ali back at the top of the game soon. One of the biggest underachievers in the game for me. <ok>

Postby Cheshire Cat

Not sure if I was seeing things since it was so quick, but the cameras looked to show Steve Peters in the crowd.

Postby Prop

Cheshire Cat wrote:
Prop wrote:Evening all. Watched a bit of this painfully last night. And this morning read a bit on twitter about some unsavory noises from the crowd.

I watched just about all of the action this afternoon. The first match between Higgins and Higginson was where all the controversy was, comms was doing damage control to try and apologise for the abuse that could be heard thrown at Higgins and the ref (Brendan Moore) was cautioning quite a few people. Higgins even called a guy in the audience out in the post-match interview.

Pretty sure people were thrown out during advert breaks and words were said to the crowd, because it got dramatically less noisy/rowdy for the rest of the afternoon.

Ta for the reply mate.

Kinda get the feeling this sort of 'tournament' does more harm than good. As much as a certain player thinks every tournament needs a shot clock, and another thinks snooker should be more like darts.

Hmmm. Call me a traditionalist.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Lisowski what the the bloomin' heck. Just ditches the girl he's meant to walk in with and walks on out without her. <doh>