Post a reply

Re: World Seniors Championship

Postby LC

Best of 3 is stupid, its all about time nowadays there's never enough and ppl don't have long enough attention spans, "time is the fire in which we all burn"

Postby Andy Spark

kolompar wrote:Two mistakes from Drago and he's out :sad:
Entry age should be back at 45 :td:

Or even 50. Having an entry age of 39 and a bit just makes a mockery of the whole event. The Masters champion is 40 and the World Champion is 39 for God's sake! >-(

Postby Cue Guru

The whole point of a 'Masters' in league is for the players who've been there and done that. It's not meant to be for the players who are still doing it. 50 is a good age entry. We should be seeing golden oldies, classic matches. Milkins and MJW should be ashamed of themselves. MJW was untouchable in the day, incredible long potter. Higgins and ROS still turning em over. Practice MJW and you won't have to be desperate son. Knocked out of the golden oldies, how does that help your confidence??

Postby PoolBoy

Cloud Strife wrote:Rory McLeod vs Fergal O'Brien?

This has to be the most pointless tournament ever.

Championship League, surely!?

A 'perfect' run in a Championship League group equates to winning 24 frames and £6,600.
In the Seniors, the winner will only need to win 8 frames but pockets £18,000!!!
That must be a good indication of the relative merits of both competitions.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:Rory McLeod vs Fergal O'Brien?

This has to be the most pointless tournament ever.

Did they amend the shot clock to ten minutes a shot? rofl

At my parents today. They have Sky Sports. I could watch some of this.

I might watch the George Groves replay instead.

Postby SnookerFan

Shame Mark Williams and Ken Doherty both lost. I was hoping that they'd renew their rivalry at some point.

In a best of three. rofl

Postby Holden Chinaski

I think we all now who would win this event with one arm tied behind his back if every player above 39 would enter.

Postby Cue Guru

Holden Chinaski wrote:I think we all now who would win this event with one arm tied behind his back if every player above 39 would enter.

Hendry?

Postby Holden Chinaski

Cue Guru wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:I think we all now who would win this event with one arm tied behind his back if every player above 39 would enter.

Hendry?

Nope.

Postby PoolBoy

Quarter-finals:

Anthony Hamilton v Darren Morgan
Mark Davis v Robert Milkins
Nigel Bond v Rory McLeod
Dominic Dale v Jimmy White

Postby SnookerFan

If I wasn't trying to cut down on the booze, and didn't have two people's work to do tomorrow, I'd be tempted to watch the evening bit in the pub tonight.