Post a reply

Re: World Seniors Championship

Postby motorhead

SnookerFan wrote:Didn't watch much. The only match I saw was Hamilton vs Morgan.

Unlucky, it was possibly the worse match of the tourney.

Postby motorhead

TheSaviour wrote:What I found really great about this tournament was Mark J Williams superb form to continue! Some really mind-blasting snooker only he is capable of playing. Even when he lost as a defending champion to Anthony Hamilton straight away. But that was an extremely high quality game, and as a just best of 3, with against really high quality opponent like Anthony is, anything can happen. That Hamilton´s winning clearance was one of the legendary ones the snooker has seen.

If Ronnie O´Sullivan is the most naturally gifted player the sport has ever seen, then Mark Williams is certainly the most interesting mathematician the snooker has ever witnessed. Let´s face it, a much of snooker is just simply mathematics. 16+7+1+3... Just kidding. But obviously all those angles and straight lines are mathematics.

I don´t know. I might find out The Welsh Potting Machine as a favourite to win the Worlds this time. That already was impressive as hell the way he won the last Championships League Group. Those things were always to meant to work. Otherwise I wouldn´t never been bothered to put the effort and work in to follow those groups.... At times some things just might be so "high flying" that people won´t be able to comprehend those before a long time passes away. I have never set any limits or standard to anyone about how good a thing can be, so I am always expecting to get the same treatment back. And at Saturday we finally got the evidence that the old Mark Williams is back!!!! The Welsh Potting Machine. He was the original reason I started to follow snooker and got hooked up back in 2003 or 4. Not Ronnie O´Sullivan like some people seems to think....[/

:bowdown: I was so disappointed with that flat performance and the Worlds last year vs Stevens...

Postby SnookerFan

motorhead wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Didn't watch much. The only match I saw was Hamilton vs Morgan.

Unlucky, it was possibly the worse match of the tourney.

rofl