Post a reply

Re: Championship League 2016 !!!!

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:I just realised. They ain't wearing bow ties.

Hawkins was wearing a fanny pack :limp:

Postby Gridlock

SnookerFan wrote:Stream better than usual and commentary. Seems wasted on a nobby event like this.

Always strikes me that the little room they play in is nice, as well.
I mentioned that about the room earlier. Looks cozy.like a nice den.

Postby SnookerFan

That was a rubbish tournament.

It got rave reviews on here. People loved it.

It was crap. That random draw one was much better.

Remember that group stage thing they did in the Grand Prix? That was rubbish as well.

Postby SnookerFan

Gridlock wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Stream better than usual and commentary. Seems wasted on a nobby event like this.

Pity they don't let fans in.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:That was a rubbish tournament.

Remember that group stage thing they did in the Grand Prix? That was rubbish as well.

The group thing lasted 2 editions 2006 and 2007 and indeed it was crap.

But nothing beats the crap that was Bahrain Championship. pmsl

Postby Gridlock

SnookerFan wrote:
Gridlock wrote:

They 1don't let any spectators in? You'd think theyd let club members in.maybe watch on closed circuit.
Last edited by Gridlock on 06 Jan 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

I feel!like a beer with this. Shoudlnt. I have put on a fair bit of weight over Christmas.

I got a week off work of drinking beer and watching snooker coming up. :'(

Postby SnookerFan

Gridlock wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Gridlock wrote:

They don't let any spectators in? You'd think theyd let club members in.

This is an odd little tournament. Not televised, only streamed. No fans let in. Weird.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:Surelyy they could have let in Ronnie Wood and his dog to watch Ronnie :john:

I think we've had enough of Ronnie Wood to last the entire season.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:That was a rubbish tournament.

The group thing lasted 2 editions 2006 and 2007 and indeed it was crap.

But nothing beats the crap that was Bahrain Championship. pmsl

Compared to this the Barhain Championship was on a par with the World Championship.

Postby SnookerFan

Yeah, this tournament is a but douchey and needs to be rethought.

But as you've said before Wild, a player should try to win every tournament, to help keep momentum.

A successful player is one who takes every tournament seriously, even rubbish like this.

Postby Andre147

Yes I agree, therefore fuly enjoyed Ronnie's approach to this. It's a nice momentum builder for The Masters.

Hopefully he turns it on there, if he plays anything like he did here he has every chance of a 6th Masters crown.

Postby PLtheRef

SnookerFan wrote:Yeah, this tournament is a but douchey and needs to be rethought.

But as you've said before Wild, a player should try to win every tournament, to help keep momentum.

A successful player is one who takes every tournament seriously, even rubbish like this.

It's an ideal tune up for the Masters and other main events it precedes and as you mentioned a proper professional will give it the due attention it requires.

However, that apart I can't see a need for it anymore. The Premier League has gone and other than that it was set up with an aim of providing matches for the players. It's done that as has the PTCs so will it carry on when they're phased out I don't know because I can't see a reason to keep it. Unless it's on a similar grounding to why the WPBSA set up the PPT.

Postby Ronnie79

2 points do people realise the winner of this event receives an automatic invite to the CofC. Just to answer a question Andre asked about Michael McMullen he does a football show on irish radio on saturday afternoons similiar to 5live and talksport.

Postby Andy Spark

Andre147 wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:I remember way back he made something like three on the spin against Hendry, also Hendry has made seven over two days in a UK final. However, off the top of my head I can't think of any other player to have made six in one day.

For the record Hendry made 7 centuries in one day, the 1994 UK Final was Best of 19 so yeah he made those 7 in a single day.

That must be a record I think, but what I do know is that Ronnie yesterday was was close perfection at times, and no matter how Wild tries to paint it, it's always a joy to watch him or any other player for that matter playing like that, no matter what event. And like you said, Robbo was more than applauded for his centuries of centuries thing.

Thanks for the correction Andre (I should have checked my facts on that!), I'd assumed the feat was done in the two day UK final era. Astonishing snooker from Hendry!

Postby PoolBoy

Prize money total:

Finalist
Still active
Eliminated

Ronnie O'Sullivan £6,600
Robert Milkins £4,200
Mark Williams £2,800
Ricky Walden £2,600
Barry Hawkins £1,200
Ryan Day £1,200
John Higgins £900

Postby PoolBoy

PoolBoy wrote:Prize money total: (after Group 1 of 7 & before the Winners' Group)

Finalist
Still active
Eliminated

Ronnie O'Sullivan £6,600
Robert Milkins £4,200
Mark Williams £2,800
Ricky Walden £2,600
Barry Hawkins £1,200
Ryan Day £1,200
John Higgins £900

Postby Gridlock

Dan-cat wrote:This event is like the Groundhog Day - same players different day

Looks like it would be fun playing in this. Looks pretty relaxed at least what I've seen.

Postby Andre147

Group 2 Playoffs

6pm

Mark Selby v Judd Trump
Mark Williams v Joe Perry

Selby finishes top of the Group with 6 wins out of six, much like Ronnie in Group 1. Both Milkins and Hawkins out of the competition.

Ricky Walden finishes 5th so has another chance in Group 3.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Yeah, this tournament is a but douchey and needs to be rethought.

Absolutely a pro takes every tournament seriously but theres no pressure on this at all its a glorified practice session i just don't like the concept of players that lose gets more match practice.

cant believe that betting firms endorse this.

surely its everything thats wrong in sport betting today.

Postby Andre147

Haha Trump needed two snookers in that 2nd frame and got them, won it on the black.

A rare ocassion against an opponent of Selby's class I must say. Trump leads 2-0.

MJW already through to the Final, beats Perry 3-0.