Post a reply

Re: Championship League 2016 !!!!

Postby Ronnie79

Its a well known fact ROS has the record for most match wins in a row on 38. Back in the early 90s qualifiers for all tournaments were played back in back in a block during the summer months. In 92 ROS won his first 38 matches as a pro which is the record

Postby Ronnie79

It snake hiss*s me off how many flukes Trump has that wins him matches and titles lots more than any other player. That one in the SF against MJW was unreal. It cost MJW the match really. Plus that missed yellow in frame 4 when he played for position on the green cost him the title. I knew Trump would win the decider then. Its always the way

Postby Muppet147

Ronnie79 wrote:It snake hiss*s me off how many flukes Trump has that wins him matches and titles lots more than any other player. That one in the SF against MJW was unreal. It cost MJW the match really. Plus that missed yellow in frame 4 when he played for position on the green cost him the title. I knew Trump would win the decider then. Its always the way

Trump's career record in deciding frames is pretty poor for a pro. I can't remember what it is - and can't be bothered to look it up - but it's below 50%.

Postby TheSaviour

Wildey wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:Oh, well, best of 5 is hardly a proper test, we'll give this one to Trump because winning unimportant best of 5 tournaments like this Championship league is the only thing that little rubbish is good enough to do.

Just because a player you don't like wins doesn't give you the right to call him a little rubbish.

if anyone deserves that title its you.

Well yes, it is not the most constructive approach. I for one have always enjoyed with no end to think about different playing styles. While watching snooker. In order to find some clear routes. Many professional players have that ability to re-invent pythagorean theorem over and over again while disturbing the pack of reds a wee bit. That´s really great to watch, and top-players can do it under the venue, money, rankings and camera-pressure. Time after time.

But then it is possible to play some crystal-clear snooker, also. Just boom and whack, and the pack of reds is wide open without thinking too much about those sort of things. And just pot everything from the distance. Everything is possible, right.. Tiril Eckhoff. It is just a one game.

Sometimes player can take a pride from the fact that at least the opponent didn´t manage to score century against me.... Even if I lost the match. Via playing some good safeties, potting solidly long balls in, to exhibit some gamemanships etc.. Ronnie managed to score "just" 2 centuries during these finals. Judd did a very well managing to outplay him. 3-2 victory, where O´Sullivan top-scored 134 and 119.

Postby Muppet147

I'm watching a replay of yesterday's final on YouTube.

These Championship League matches have zero atmosphere. The boys are banging in good breaks but obviously no applause from the audience. Because there IS no audience.

Still, good practice for the players and a bit of extra pocket money.

Postby SnookerFan

Muppet147 wrote:
Still, good practice for the players and a bit of extra pocket money.

That's pretty much all the Championship League is. Not got to see much of it this year, but I have no problem with it. Just as long as people don't expect it to be a proper tournament, or anything.

Postby Cheshire Cat

The presentation at the end was depressing. I'm glad Trump won something, but when Yates asked him why he thinks he wins so much here, you could see that Trump honestly didn't know (or want to) answer because he knows winning this event isn't exactly peppering the snooker CV.

However, a title is a title and Judd Trump has defeated ROS to win it. That's that.

If anything ROS fans should be buzzing. He's obviously still in good form and turned it up a gear or two for the big matches, To put it into context, Judd Trump won 8/14 matches. Ronnie won 12/14 matches in the CL. For a best of 5 format and considering the winner's group was one of the toughest on record, that's pretty impressive.

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

Paul Collier ‏@welshref So that's Championship League over for this year. Thanks to @EmFrazer, Luke and Nick for looking after us and @BarryHearn for paying me!

Barry Hearn for paying me. rofl rofl rofl

Postby Gridlock

Muppet147 wrote:
Gridlock wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:Forgive my ignorance, but what channel is this on?

World snooker stream. http://www.worldsnooker.livesport.tv/

£3.99 a month. One and half cappuccinos. Support your beloved sport :)

I'm still watching on snookerroom my beloved man! Although only about1/18 th of what's been on live! 8 PM right now....craft bourbon...yeah baby.

Hey Grid.

Is snookerroom a YouTube channel?

I can see it would be invaluable to you as you live on the other side of the Atlantic.

Enjoy the bourbon!

An update. ..snookerroom.tv limited its bandwidth to 1000 visitors for the semis and final. So it looks like I can get world snooker here.

Postby Andy Spark

BTW I apologise to Judd for calling him a "little rubbish". He can be a bit cocky at times, but I think I was out of order there, he's a very good player. :emb:

Postby Wildey

Andy Spark wrote:BTW I apologise to Judd for calling him a "little rubbish". He can be a bit cocky at times, but I think I was out of order there, he's a very good player. :emb:

respect for an apology :hatoff:

only real men apologizes for mistakes or things they did wrong.