Post a reply

Re: Championship League 2016 !!!!

Postby Cheshire Cat

boris_the_butcher wrote:why don't people like this selt bloke? wasn't he the robbo fanatic's 2nd favourite player once?

He's one of the most improved players on the tour tbqh, but his personality is a bit.. marmite.

Postby Wildey

Selt beating Trump has sent Maguire out meaning if Carter beats Maguire then Williams will have to beat Ronnie to qualify for the semis.

if Maguire beats Carter then the semi final line up is complete.

Ronnie, Trump, Selt and Williams

Postby Cheshire Cat

ROS is top of the group and guaranteed to get to the semis, I don't think he's too worried about losing a best of 5 round-robin match now.

Postby QSM

masterdoctorgenius wrote:ronnie could play willo again after this in the semis if willo wins this

ronnie was in first in every frame but couldnt finish the job

I think MJW will be on 4 wins if he wins this one which would take him to 2nd place.

ROS vs Selt
and MjW vs Trump would be the semis then.

In the other scenario (RoS beats MjW) it'll be RoS vs Carter and Trump vs Selt.

Unless I'm wrong, of course.

Postby Andy Spark

I think 24 pro match wins on the spin at top level snooker could be a record. :-D Someone is yet to prove otherwise.

Postby Dan-cat

boris_the_butcher wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:surely ronnies runs will end now

you are the most pessimistic of ROS fans.

His run may or may not end. But you will always have the least faith your man!

Better his run ends here than adding extra pressure at the Crucible

Postby Cloud Strife

Oh well, it had to end at some point, I suppose.

Be nice if he went on and won this whole thing though and make it 3 out of 3 in titles won in 2016. At least keep THAT streak going. rofl

Postby Vallomas

Andy Spark wrote:I think 24 pro match wins on the spin at top level snooker could be a record. :-D Someone is yet to prove otherwise.

I don't know what the record is, but I would be surprised to learn that Stephen Hendry didn't have a 24 or bigger winning streak when he was in his prime.

Postby eraserhead

Can't believe how bad Selby and Maguire did. Ronnie won't have to worry about the pressure of keeping a streak going now, so I look forward to see how the finals of the winners group plays out.

Really can't see Maguire qualifying for Sheffield now I thought he looked good early in the season to win a ranker but can't see it happening now. :sad:

Postby Wildey

eraserhead wrote:Can't believe how bad Selby and Maguire did. Ronnie won't have to worry about the pressure of keeping a streak going now, so I look forward to see how the finals of the winners group plays out.

Really can't see Maguire qualifying for Sheffield now I thought he looked good early in the season to win a ranker but can't see it happening now. :sad:

its only championship shed bullocks so he was not bothered anyway.

Postby eraserhead

Wildey wrote:its only championship shed bullocks so he was not bothered anyway.

I know it's not an important event but you don't want to get constantly beat by other top players, Selby has Gdynia as a confidence booster at least.

Postby NNear

It was said in commentary earlier that Hendry holds the record with 36 in tournament (no qualifiers) play.