Post a reply

Re: Championship League 2016 !!!!

Postby Andre147

Andy Spark wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:If we are looking for fairness, who else has made six centuries in one day in pro competition?

Doug Mountjoy?

I remember way back he made something like three on the spin against Hendry, also Hendry has made seven over two days in a UK final. However, off the top of my head I can't think of any other player to have made six in one day.

For the record Hendry made 7 centuries in one day, the 1994 UK Final was Best of 19 so yeah he made those 7 in a single day.

That must be a record I think, but what I do know is that Ronnie yesterday was was close perfection at times, and no matter how Wild tries to paint it, it's always a joy to watch him or any other player for that matter playing like that, no matter what event. And like you said, Robbo was more than applauded for his centuries of centuries thing.

Postby motorhead

Also he forced himself into needing snookers in the 4th frame because he misread the screboard <laugh>
Then laid a genious snooker right after it.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Has Walden played well, or has Williams play

MJW seems be playing well, had a 144 earlier today.

Trump has lost his first 2 matches today but seems like he'll win this one v Hawkins.

Postby SnookerFan

Stream better than usual and commentary. Seems wasted on a nobby event like this.

Always strikes me that the little room they play in is nice, as well.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Has Walden played well, or has Williams play

MJW seems be playing well, had a 144 earlier today.

Trump has lost his first 2 matches today but seems like he'll win this one v Hawkins.

Good man. :hatoff:

Postby Andre147

This commentator on Trump match... Michael McMullan, or whatever his name is... not a bad comm, seems like he only commentates for CL.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Has Dave Hendon mentioned what he had for breakfast yet?

yesterday he said the chocolate brownie was delicious and that everybody had it except Ronnie.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Has Dave Hendon mentioned what he had for breakfast yet?

yesterday he said the chocolate brownie was delicious and that everybody had it except Ronnie.

Odd. I had him down as a full English man.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Maybe that's why he won the group rofl

It's like that movie Airplane.

Airplane? Wht's it about?

Postby SnookerFan

I remember the 2003 World Championship that Mark Williams won quite fondly. My final year at uni, and I did as little work that weekmas possible.

Doherty's comebacks were the stuff of legend.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Maybe that's why he won the group rofl

It's like that movie Airplane.

Airplane? Wht's it about?

A train journey.

Postby Andre147

I found a plot about that movie, is this it?

"A man afraid to fly must ensure that a plane lands safely after the pilots become sick."

Ronnie sure made sure he landed the plane safely. rofl <ok>

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:I remember the 2003 World Championship that Mark Williams won quite fondly. My final year at uni, and I did as little work that weekmas possible.

Doherty's comebacks were the stuff of legend.

That tournament was all about Doherty.

Even though MJW duly won it in a cracking Final, Doherty was the champion in many people's hearts due to his amazing comebacks.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:I found a plot about that movie, is this it?

"A man afraid to fly must ensure that a plane lands safely after the pilots become sick."

Ronnie sure made sure he landed the plane safely. rofl <ok>

That's the one.

The pilots, and many of the passengers, eat the fish served on the plane. The guy who lands it can do so because he ate the chicken.

Hence my joke.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Remember that time the World Open had best of 5 matches all tournament? (Apart from the final.)

That tournament was really marmite.

Robbo took Ronnie apart in that Final, won 5-1.

How that was a ranking tournament I'll never know... well it's similar to Indian Open and Grand Finals i guess...