Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Final : Barry Hawkins v Ronnie O'Sulliv

Postby Cloud Strife

Dan-cat wrote:Unless Ronnie does something in the ones that do he'll have to qualify for the crucible next year.

I'll start a petition to get Hearn to give Ronnie direct entry to the Crucible without needing to bother about qualifying. I reckon I could get a billion signatures for a cause as important as that.

Postby Andy Spark

Dan-cat wrote:Virgo: No one ever questions Ronnie's shot selection

1 min later:

Virgo: I question Ronnie's shot selection here

Yes, I noticed that too. As a group, they quite often question Ronnie's shot selection, but then pretend that it isn't something they do. However, to contradict yourself within a minute is fast even for the usually hapless BBC commentary team.

Postby vodkadiet

Muppet147 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:After watching The Rack Pack it reminded me of when Virgo used to say Alec Higgins and not Alex Higgins!

Yes, Virgo is a hammer.

Imagine a Rack Pack today? Bingham, Hawkins, and Perry!!

Postby vodkadiet

Muppet147 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:After watching The Rack Pack it reminded me of when Virgo used to say Alec Higgins and not Alex Higgins!

Yes, Virgo is a hammer.

Postby Cloud Strife

vodkadiet wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:

Yes, Virgo is a hammer.

rofl

Postby Holden Chinaski

The press about Ronnie after his win in 1995:

Ronnie O'Sullivan claimed he was still not satisfied with his form despite becoming the youngest ever winner of the Masters title. "I'm delighted with what I've achieved but I'm still not happy with my game," said O'Sullivan. "I hope people don't get offended with what I say but I'm still searching for the missing part."

How things change rofl

Postby Dan-cat

Ronnie has made the final of the Masters at 50% of entering. 11 times out of 22. And he's won it 6 times. He truly is the Master - I can't think of a more befitting sobriquet.

It's more his tournament that Hendry's now.

Some of his single ball pots (with position) at crucial times in this tournament were some of the best shots I've ever seen. And I've watched pretty much all televised comps since 1983.
Last edited by Dan-cat on 19 Jan 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Ronnie has made the final of the Masters at 50% of entering. 11 times out of 22. And he's won it 6 times. He truly is the Master - I can't think of a a more befitting sobriquet.

Some of his single ball pots (with position) at crucial times in this tournament were some of the best shots I've ever seen. And I've watched pretty much all televised comps since 1983.

Certainly impressive statistics. His final appearance ratio, if nothing else, is incredible.

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Ronnie has made the final of the Masters at 50% of entering. 11 times out of 22. And he's won it 6 times. He truly is the Master - I can't think of a a more befitting sobriquet.

Certainly impressive statistics. His final appearance ratio, if nothing else, is incredible.

<ok>

Nice thread.