Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Final : Barry Hawkins v Ronnie O'Sulliv

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Andre147 wrote:I don't exactly agree with that Vodka, I think Robbo is favourite for Worlds, no matter what bookies say.

Ronnie will probably be 2nd or 3rd favourite in my view. If Robbo continues playing like he has done, yet again it will take a very very inspired performance from his opponent to beat him.

I would absolutely love a Final between them there, if not, at least a Best of 33 Semi.

Close call I agree. Maybe they could play earlier than that?

I don't know how the draw will work out.

In 2012 they had a cracking Quarter-Final, for many THE final in itself.

But of course so many things can happen until Worlds, but Robbo will probably go as favourite, Ronnie and Judd a close 2nd probably.

http://www.prosnookerblog.com/rankings/ ... ible-2016/

Looking at the race to the Crucible rankings, Robbo will definitely finish in the top 4, Ronnie will most likely stay in the top 8. That means that they could meet in the quarters at the earliest. If their positions don't change, they are set to meet in the semi finals.

Postby SnookerFan

Obviously big achievement equalling Hendry's Masters title record, for Ronnie.

Bit disappointed by Hawkins. There's no disgrace in losing to Ronnie, of course. But Ronnie wasn't unplayable. Hawkins was award many, many chances and he just seem scared to beat Ronnie. I hate when that happens. Hawkins is a better player than he gave himself credit for, last night. And thus lost 10-1 to somebody who was below their best.

Doesn't discredit Ronnie's achievement. If anything, it discredits Barry.

Postby SnookerFan

So how was The Rack Pack. I was going to watch it, but it didn't appear on my I-Player until 25 minutes after it was supposed to, and by then I couldn't be fussed.

I'll catch up with it at some point.

I still don't understand why the BBC couldn't put it on BBC2 with the snooker finishing early. I guess they don't want it to get viewers.

Postby Muppet147

SnookerFan wrote:So how was The Rack Pack. I was going to watch it, but it didn't appear on my I-Player until 25 minutes after it was supposed to, and by then I couldn't be fussed.

I'll catch up with it at some point.

I still don't understand why the BBC couldn't put it on BBC2 with the snooker finishing early. I guess they don't want it to get viewers.

I'm watching it now. It's very funny.

Great that in the snooker scenes they use the old commentary from the matches. You forget what legends people like Jack Karnham were. Much better than the useless shower we have now.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:Apparently, it's going to be on there for 11 months so I have time. rofl

Pretty impressive film-making. The way they've stitched the original footage and commentary in AND recreated the famous break. Barry gets the best lines!

Postby Muppet147

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Apparently, it's going to be on there for 11 months so I have time. rofl

Pretty impressive film-making. The way they've stitched the original footage and commentary in AND recreated the famous break. Barry gets the best lines!

Yes, it is almost seamless.

The only thing that lets it down is that the players keep the same hairstyles all the way through - even though ten years have gone by!

I like Higgins' comment to Jimmy after he has had a make over. "They've knocked your teeth IN."

Postby Dan-cat

Pink Ball wrote:I don't know whether to be more annoyed at those who spit down on all Ronnie's achievements, or those who would happily suck his willy for free.

You make it sound like it's something you would consider, for a small fee.

Postby Cloud Strife

Sickpotter wrote:How does such a one sided match get 29 pages of commentary? :shrug:

All respect to Ronnie and his play, a great win certainly but worthy of 29 pages of circle jerking? Hardly. :td:

One answer, Ronnie O'Sullivan.

Besides, it seems like a strange thing to be moaning about. Surely it's a good thing if the forum is active and getting traffic? :shrug:

Postby Prop

Sickpotter wrote:How does such a one sided match get 29 pages of commentary? :shrug:

All respect to Ronnie and his play, a great win certainly but worthy of 29 pages of circle jerking? Hardly. :td:

Probably something to do with it being the last match thread of the tournament.

If it wasn't, there would be a thread for the next match, and discussion would spread and eventually migrate to that one.

Discussion which, pertinently, is far from being exclusively about this match.

Postby SnookerFan

Because, it was The Masters final? It's still a big occasion, even if it's one-sided. As snooker fans, we're going to comment on it.

It also features Ronnie. He has a lot of fans on this site, so his matches tend to feature mores post.

Besides, as you said, it's a great win for Ronnie. Hendry is the only other player to get six Masters titles, but they were in a much shorter space of time than what Ronnie has done. Ronnie's span twenty years. So, regardless of whether you are a fan or not, it's probably worthy of note.

Postby Andre147

Let's post a bit more so SickPotter can be SICK it has reached 30 pages! :wave:

Record equalling 6th Masters Title, and well... because it's The Rocket, Ronnie O'Sullivan, is always something worth posting for!

RONNIE :D :hatoff: :win:

Postby mantorok

I think Ronnie should stick to 4-5 tournaments a year, the break in between clearly helps him build up some motivation when he returns to the table.

A little tweaking and a bit more match practice and I think he will be a contender for the WC this year.

Postby PLtheRef

mantorok wrote:I think Ronnie should stick to 4-5 tournaments a year, the break in between clearly helps him build up some motivation when he returns to the table.

A little tweaking and a bit more match practice and I think he will be a contender for the WC this year.

The money-list rankings openly play into Ronnie's motivation and is ideal for someone like Ronnie with the reluctance he has to venture too far overseas.