Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Final : Barry Hawkins v Ronnie O'Sulliv

Postby TheRocket

If I sum this tournament up , I can say that Ronnie played his B-game at most throughout the whole tournament but he had these 2-3 moments of brillance. Against Williams he produced a great clearance in the decider.

Against Selby you had the 73 clearance under the utmost pressure because Selby was looking so damn strong at that time, threatening to make one of his special comebacks.

And against Bingham the sixth frame with the Snooker.

The negative aspect was his positional play. He struggled a lot with that I felt.

Overall I think that there's still some room for improvement for the Rocket but signs are there that he'll up for the WC and he'll be one of the top 2 , top 3 main contenders.

Postby Skullman

Anyway, always feel weird how empty this month expect for the Masters. Except CL, there's no snooker on until February. Still it's a bit of time to watch the Australian Open knuckle down with my work.

I will still be about as a mod making sure everyone's behaving in the off time, but won't post much until German Masters :wave:

Postby PLtheRef

SnookerFan wrote:Why is the crowd all still there? The match is over.

Are they seriously just there to wave at the camera?

Three frame exhibition match Ireland v England according to the pics on twitter

Postby Cloud Strife

Skullman wrote:Anyway, always feel weird how empty this month expect for the Masters. Except CL, there's no snooker on until February. Still it's a bit of time to watch the Australian Open knuckle down with my work.

I will still be about as a mod making sure everyone's behaving in the off time, but won't post much until German Masters :wave:

Don't feel like you have to. :wave:

Postby SnookerFan

PLtheRef wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Why is the crowd all still there? The match is over.

Are they seriously just there to wave at the camera?

Three frame exhibition match Ireland v England according to the pics on twitter

Does that mean they have to watch Dennis Taylor? rofl

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Ronnie just never ceases to amaze me.

Every time we might think his great career is coming to an end, he bounces back.

Ronnie was totally outplayed by Neil Robertson in the Masters and by Stuart Bingham in the Worlds last year. He just scrapped over the line against Trump in the UK. He was beaten by Trump in the World Grand Prix final. His defeat to Selby and his inability to defend the World Title in 2014 was still on everybody's mind. Maybe taking a break was just the thing Ronnie needed.

His performance against Selby this week really impressed me. Mark was flying against Walden and Ronnie nearly gone out against MJW. But he bossed that game with great confidence (no idea where that came from) and held his nerve after the obligatory Selby comeback.

This Masters win is a message to all his competitors. He's back in business.

Postby Andy Spark

Holden Chinaski wrote:I can't watch this Alex doc without getting a tear in my eye. I just can't.

LEGEND! :bowdown: Will never be forgotten!

Would snooker be on TV without Alex? Probably not. If people think he was a complete rubbish then whatever, we still needed him at that time.