Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Final : Barry Hawkins v Ronnie O'Sulliv

Postby vodkadiet

Just a word on Steve Davis. I wonder if he still thinks The Masters is lesser than all ranking events? After losing to Doug Mounty at Wembley Conference Centre 'back in the day', he said he didn't care as The Masters was 'just a money tournament'.

Ironically Mountjoy had a different outlook, and after missing the final black to beat Tony Meo in the next round, Mountjoy said "The worst thing about it is I have to wake up in the morning".

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:Just a word on Steve Davis. I wonder if he still thinks The Masters is lesser than all ranking events? After losing to Doug Mounty at Wembley Conference Centre 'back in the day', he said he didn't care as The Masters was 'just a money tournament'.

Ironically Mountjoy had a different outlook, and after missing the final black to beat Tony Meo in the next round, Mountjoy said "The worst thing about it is I have to wake up in the morning".

Anyone who thinks it's just a money tournament... well... rofl

It's a tournament you have to win beating top players all rounds, no easy draws bullocks. Only the best win The Masters.

Postby SnookerFan

Dennis Taylor insulted Mark Williams on Thursday. He kept referring to him as Liang Wenbo.

Mark Williams is an MBE. To compare him to somebody unhonoured like Liang insults a decorated man like Mark.

Where is your MBE Dennis? You don't have one, do you?

Postby Wildey

this is the first Masters Final im not looking forward to.

its a miss match in many ways no disrespect to Hawkins but as well as Barry played in the 2013 WC Final i never felt there was a match on and today will be the same unfortunately.

hope im wrong

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:this is the first Masters Final im not looking forward to.

its a miss match in many ways no disrespect to Hawkins but as well as Barry played in the 2013 WC Final i never felt there was a match on and today will be the same unfortunately.

hope im wrong

Hendry?

You're becoming the BBC, Wild.

Ronnie is favourite. Only a knobhead would think otherwise.

But Hawkins arguably played better than Ronnie yesterday. Judd also played better than Ronnie.

My prediction is Ronnie wins a close match.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:this is the first Masters Final im not looking forward to.

hope im wrong

Hendry?

You're becoming the BBC, Wild.

Ronnie is favourite. Only a knobhead would think otherwise.

But Hawkins arguably played better than Ronnie yesterday. Judd also played better than Ronnie.

My prediction is Ronnie wins a close match.

mate im being honest

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:Just a word on Steve Davis. I wonder if he still thinks The Masters is lesser than all ranking events? After losing to Doug Mounty at Wembley Conference Centre 'back in the day', he said he didn't care as The Masters was 'just a money tournament'.

He's an OBE. Please refer to him as such.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 17 Jan 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Another major final for Ronnie. Ronnie fans, let's enjoy this occasion, we never know how many more he'll play in.

Don't tell MDG to enjoy it :chuckle:

I certainly will. <ok>

Postby PLtheRef

Andre147 wrote:8 frames this afternoon?

I thought 9 like at UK Final.

Since it went best of 19 its always been 8/11. For a long while when it was 17 it was 7/10 instead of 8/9. That said I'm sure that for the last ten years the UK has been 8/11

Postby snucar

I fully agree with Davis. It's definitely a great tournament and has a lot of history but at the end of the day it's indeed a money tournament only and very often it's missing players much more in form than some that are participating due to ranking system based on previous seasons results...Ding for example, he should never be anywhere near this year's Masters.
Last edited by snucar on 17 Jan 2016, edited 1 time in total.